Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312732 - 03/07/08 02:52 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Incubus]
shadowraven213 Offline

I saw the experiment on the British science T.V. program Horizon and have just started reading about this man.

Quite interesting.

#312736 - 03/07/08 03:22 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: shadowraven213]
Incubus Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Here's his website:

http://www.deanradin.com/

He writes a blog and has summaries of his books (Conscious Universe and Entangled Minds).
"The might of aithr chases it into the sea, sea spits it out onto solid ground, earth spits it up into rays of the radiant sun and sun hurls it into the whirlpools of aithr. One receives it from another, then another from another, and they all hate it. This is the way that I too am now going, an exile from the gods and a wanderer, placing my trust in mad Strife."

-Empedocles (c.490 - 430 BCE)

#312747 - 03/07/08 04:03 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: JayLucif]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Thanks for the book recommendations. I will look into them.

I have experimented with "lucid dreams" but I didn't get much results. Dreams appear to come in different flavors. Some are very vivid and realistic, almost indistinguishable from the real life experience. Others are kind of blurry and chaotic.

Usually, when I become aware that I'm dreaming, I wake up almost immediately, so there is no much I can do to interact with the dream scenario. Some times I remain conscious inside the dream for some time and I try to explore around, and even try to change the dream at will, but my success in that has been very limited.

#312749 - 03/07/08 04:06 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: Astratus
Here is my question: Do we dream the future, or do dreams have the potential to shape the future?

I have asked myself that question many time too.

#312750 - 03/07/08 04:10 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Old_Pig Offline

That is the explanation I try to apply most of the time. I guess my mind extrapolates from already existing technology and comes up with possible future developments.

But some times the details are too precise.

In any case, I would love to find a practical application for that ability. Maybe some company could hire me to "dream" what products the competition is planning to market?

#312751 - 03/07/08 04:14 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: Aka S. R. S.
I would call it intuition, or an instinct about these things.

I wonder how often does it happen? Do you remember the dreams in between as clearly?

It depends. Some times the dreams look very realistic, like a real life experience. And some times it's the more common surreal stream of absurdities.

Often the dreams that contain this kind of information are the realistic kind.

#312752 - 03/07/08 04:17 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: shadowraven213]
Old_Pig Offline

Thanks for the link.

I concur that I should try to exploit that, but so far I have been unable to obtain any real life advantage out of the dreams.

Most of the time I don't find out a dream was premonitory until the event happens... and then, it's too late to do anything about it.

#312753 - 03/07/08 04:19 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Perhaps my company will.

Once I have established it, that is! ;\)
 Quote:
Usually, when I become aware that I'm dreaming, I wake up almost immediately, so there is no much I can do to interact with the dream scenario. Some times I remain conscious inside the dream for some time and I try to explore around, and even try to change the dream at will, but my success in that has been very limited.

Perhaps that is a form of security mechanism that prevents you from tampering with your vision of the future? Or perhaps preventing you from altering the future itself...

#312754 - 03/07/08 04:26 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
I’m talking about dreams where I receive information that I couldn’t have obtained by any rationally explained means.

Has the information ever been useful to you?

Not really. And that annoys me.

When I talk to people about that they tell me "Someone is trying to tell you something". With that "someone" usually being a spirit or deity. If that is the case, that entity is not being very helpful communication the message.

When I was younger, relatives took me to all kind of "experts" who tried to deal with the situation. From them I always got two kind of answers.

There were the ones who said I was possessed by evil entities and tried to drive them away with all kind of laughable ceremonies.

And there were the ones who told me I had to develop this ability and use it to help others (but frustratingly not myself) which also ended up in silly rituals with coconuts and ouija boards.

The only thing I learned from those so called experts was they knew even less than me and they were a waste of time.

And yes, I tried to find out the winning numbers for the lottery, but I can't remember them when I wake up.

#312756 - 03/07/08 04:32 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: LightAngel]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: LightAngel
What you are experiencing is beyond explanation of contemporary society, but why should you require an explanation? Why should it not suffice the sole fact that it is within your ability to do what you are able to do? Why should you need approval from the herd, a certain ''pat on the back'' would that add more gravity to your ability?

I guess I'm just curious. I'm always trying to find explanations for things. It's the way my mind worked since I was a kid. Actually, it always bothered me much to see other people were happy accepting things they saw without trying to explore deeper into their nature.

What I'm looking for is not approval from others, it's an answer for myself.

#312758 - 03/07/08 04:36 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: LightSnake]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: LightSnake
Wild speculation: Everything we think we know about 'time' is radically wrong.

I'm pretty sure that is the closest to the truth.

But I still miss the link between the nature of time and my mind's perception of it.

#312760 - 03/07/08 04:42 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Incubus]
Old_Pig Offline

Thanks for the link and the book recommendation.

I guess I have some reading to do.

#312764 - 03/07/08 04:53 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I'm curious;

Have you tried recording every single one of your dreams?

Do you recall the dreams only after you see them happen in reality? Or were they recorded before you encountered the phenomenon in reality?

Do you experience a lot of Dj vu, and, last question- are you ambidextrous?

#312841 - 03/07/08 11:09 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: The_Lightning]
Old_Pig Offline

Usually I remember the dreams, but I don't take notes of them.

I am aware of the dreams I had before the vents occur, but after the event I realize the importance of that particular one.

Yes, I experience Dj vu some times. I guess everyone does.

And yes, I'm ambidextrous. Is that related?

#312857 - 03/08/08 01:10 AM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

And yes, I'm ambidextrous. Is that related?

Only if you want to write down your dreams with both hands.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements