Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#313198 - 03/09/08 11:06 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: AurEum]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
She's 5 months pregnant?!?! If she can't deal with a toddler having an accident, how is she going to manage a newborn?!?!?

With a pressure washer?

#313222 - 03/09/08 01:38 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: MissMina1556]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Dear Shadow Weaver:

"Child welfare officials were notified of the incident. Police plan to meet with them later Friday and decide whether to pursue child endangerment charges against the mother.

ďWe donít know yet. We are going to roundtable that this morning,Ē "

That above quote is from the article. Perhaps there is some sort of update you are referring to, but the information that was provided in this forum stated (twice, actually, if you re-read the first paragraph) that the decision had not yet been made. There seems to be more confusion on your part regarding the mother's questioning. Perhaps you should re-read the link and/or provide us with the new source of information in which you are referring. Thank you.

One other thing that bothers me, you say: "For if I had been there, there would not be any charges, probably a funeral." Really? Just what is your understanding of Satanism and illegal activity?

Sincerely,
Sarah

P.S. PM me if you wish to continue this discussion, as I am sure others are not interested in reading private messages in their thread.
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#313229 - 03/09/08 02:10 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Giovanni]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
Whatever happened to the good old days of getting your ass whipped with toy race car tracks?

I guess this is now "Child Discipline XP".

#313247 - 03/09/08 03:41 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Giovanni]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I bet she used welfare money to operate the car wash.

#313250 - 03/09/08 03:52 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Old_Pig]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Ah-hehehe, sir you are the very Devil himself. \:D

#313263 - 03/09/08 04:31 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Muse]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:
One other thing that bothers me, you say: "For if I had been there, there would not be any charges, probably a funeral." Really? Just what is your understanding of Satanism and illegal activity?

I can only assume that SW9 would have killed her in self-defense...

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#313462 - 03/10/08 05:55 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: MissMina1556]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:
Let the lonely jailbirds chew on her for awhile.

Well said!

#313466 - 03/10/08 06:49 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Callier]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Fishers,IN
Well if this is XP, I can't wait for the Vista version.

\:\)

#313467 - 03/10/08 06:50 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: RandomStranger]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

No, probably child support money.

Now wouldn't that be a kick in the head?!?!

#313468 - 03/10/08 07:00 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Giovanni]
Morganti Offline

"What is wrong with people"

When I read about things like this my answer is simply:

"I seriously don't fucking know!"

Maybe because humans are the most intelligent animal on Earth, with our intelligence comes more complex thought. As a result when something becomes more complex, more things can go wrong with it.

#313469 - 03/10/08 07:10 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Morganti]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Completely agreed, but my point of this question was.

You have a hand, you have a mouth. Yell, spank, etc... Do not spray with a high powered pressure washer. I mean, go to a car wash, wash your car and then nip yourself with that like I have done countless times. I am not 2 and it fucking hurt like hell, and not to mention, most here in Indiana have a switch you turn and soap, hot wax, etc... come pouring out. Who is to say that she did not in fact wax her child?

My point was basically, that day it was the hose, next it could be a slam to the ground, and then run over with the actual CAR. I would not put it past this mother. People in this day and age I guess think that since they live in a random place and are parked somewhere no one can see they can do whatever they want. Thanks to this car wash having cameras, she turned herself in on one level or another, and will probably get less time, especially if she gets "help".

She will probably rot in her cell, because most public defenders are not very good.

#313479 - 03/10/08 08:23 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Giovanni]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Most people are unwilling to control their emotions. Anyone who has raised a child knows that they will stretch your reserves. Resolving not to discipline a child in public will 1) alleviate the possibility of seeing it on the news; and, more importantly, 2) give you time to cool off, think things over and come up with an appropriate plan of action. It’s amazing what crosses your mind, which gives me even less sympathy for abusive parents. We all get angry…and we deal with it like adults…at least some of the time. This seems extreme. I am not sure what action should be taken. Any discussion on how to deal with things like potty training is best left for a downstairs discussion.

As far as taking children away from people for such things…I know firsthand that foster care is likely to be worse. The number of foster homes cannot keep up with the need, particularly if the state insists on removing children as quickly as they do. The reason is understandable. If the child later ends up in bad shape, or worse, all fingers point to child protection services.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#313494 - 03/10/08 09:39 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lexifer Offline

I agree Roho.

Out of all the butt kicking my parents did to us lol, I donít ever remember being sprayed with a freaking power washer!! That is pretty hard core. Although I'm all for strict discipline because talking it out with a 3 year old isnít going to resolve crap. If I had not got my butt kicked by my dad, I wouldn't be who I am, and I'm stronger for it.

That said there is a time and place for it, and loosing your cool happens, you just have to be in control before you take action. Now Iím not implying you have to smack them around like you are a wrestler in a cage match. Using Common cents helps too

I also agree that foster care is not an ideal place for children to grow.

It is a sad state of affairs to see children suffer due to incompetence, negligence, and plain all out stupidity.

#313513 - 03/10/08 10:30 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Morganti]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
 Quote:
Maybe because humans are the most intelligent animal on Earth

Well, the jury is still out on that.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#313517 - 03/10/08 10:39 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Giovanni]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
While I do condemn the woman's likely thoughtlessness:

Quote:
"Itís a unique form of punishment that I donít think anyone has ever seen," Commander Matt Irwin of the Orange County Sheriffís Department said

He's never seen someone hosed, and doesn't think anyone's ever seen someone hosed?

Hell, I've been hosed (yes, pretty high pressure - fire hose - ah, fond memories of Helles Barracks, Catterick).

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements