Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#312908 - 03/08/08 09:26 AM Woman's Day
Lara C. Lockhart Offline

Loc: Portugal, Salvaterra de Magos
I was wondering if i shouldn't post this on the humor section, as it sounds like a joke to me that the wo(-)man must have a day on the year to celebrate who they are, and the men doesn't. As i am sure no one here believes women came from the Eden garden and men as the son of god, what do you think about this day? I just find this day the most hypocrite, after Christmas.

#312914 - 03/08/08 09:43 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I tend to think of Women's Day as an opportunity to make people aware of the special problems and vulnerabilities that women have, which men don't. These problems may seem less of a priority for Westerners but require special attention if they're ever to be dealt with. I'm talking about stuff like white slavery, honor killing, genital mutilation, premeditated mass rape, etc.

However, as this is a political subject, it might be better to keep it for the Political Issues section of the Members' Only boards.

#312915 - 03/08/08 09:48 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I think that much like anything else that needs an "yyy day" (yyy being mom, dad, your secretary or whatever), if you don't appreciate the group of people having this day the other 364 days of the year, chances are you'll be a hypocrite doing it on that particular day. Just like Valentines.

Sadly this day has long ago been hijacked by feminists who really don't have much to offer these days. I would suspect, without having any empirical knowledge to back it up, that most Satanic women probably wouldn't care much about women having their own day once a year - they would be interested in the results they are able to achieve the other 364 days by being something quite different.

So - hail to the Satanic Women

#312918 - 03/08/08 09:58 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

One of the best professors I ever had was an old Jewish lady with a resume that came in book form (seriously, it's a 200+ page binder). In introducing herself to the class, she gave us her life history in brief. Turns out not so long ago she won some award called "Vagina Warrior" for being a woman who wasn't a pushover, or somesuch.

Since I knew her and knew she didn't mind a bit of provocation, I commented, "Now if I listed 'Cock Warrior' on my resume I'd be run out of town."

Her answer: "Maybe, but if you did it with style you might get some very positive attention too. Though I can't guarantee that it will get you a job."

It was answers like that, that made her a good professor.

#312946 - 03/08/08 12:18 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
shadowraven213 Offline

Smart women already have quite a lot of power, for some of the reasons I have detailed in this essay.

Positive discrimination is a very powerful tool if you know how to use it correctly, that isn't to say this is their only source of power but its a definite advantage.

This isn't to say that they shouldn't have days dedicated to them, I would celebrate the fact the opposite sex exists and quite frequently do just that in my own way. ;\)

Also I agree with reprobate, people use these days to highlight issues with other less fortunate people like he has described.

Edited by shadowraven213 (03/08/08 12:20 PM)

#313023 - 03/08/08 03:54 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
You mean there's actually a "Woman's Day" now? That's even stupider than "Secretary's Day". What's the point in making a commemorative day for something that applies to over half (51%) of the world's population?

Besides, women don't need a day to remind them of who they are and what they can do that separates them from the rest of the population. Biology already gives them that reminder once a month. It's men who don't have this power to reproduce, which is why the majority of entertainers, politicians, and others who strive most hard to make individual expression and accomplishment have been people without wombs.

Anybody who hones their own talents and accomplishes something in this world, regardless of race or sex or handicap, does not need a day to vicariously live off of other's accomplishments.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#313057 - 03/08/08 06:30 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Bill_M]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Anybody who hones their own talents and accomplishes something in this world, regardless of race or sex or handicap, does not need a day to vicariously live off of other's accomplishments.

Which pretty much could provide a good caption to any photos of the rallies and whatnot that will go on today, because those will be the women missing from the photos. ;\)

#313063 - 03/08/08 07:03 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Woman's day, earth day, groundhog day, yaaaaaaawn!

Snooooooze. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...... \:>

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#313071 - 03/08/08 07:58 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Phineas]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
It is the kind of thing that makes me want to turn in my vagina.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#313087 - 03/08/08 08:58 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Ygraine]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Ygraine

Y~

Does kelly have a bluebook value on that?

#313088 - 03/08/08 09:03 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Risen08]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
Does kelly have a bluebook value on that?

Trust me, you can't afford it

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#313089 - 03/08/08 09:06 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Ygraine]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

#313090 - 03/08/08 09:09 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Ygraine]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown

Y~

Zing!

#313094 - 03/08/08 09:20 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: TheDegenerate]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Phosis

Y~

Zing!

Whoops, methinks my reply was misconstrued.

Nevertheless, "Zing!", is quite correct.

#313132 - 03/09/08 04:50 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Ygraine]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III

I'm sure some fine, charitable soul would be happy to set up a collection center for them. ;\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404128 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements