Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#313153 - 03/09/08 07:59 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
What do we get for "Women's Day?" Oh, that's right, a lot of whining. I'll stick with Ladies Night where I drink for free.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#313233 - 03/09/08 02:52 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Risen08]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Risen's reply was perfect. Mine? Eh, so so.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#313237 - 03/09/08 03:20 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Bill_M]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Biology already gives them that reminder once a month. It's men who don't have this power to reproduce,

That reminds me of a Martin Lawrence stand up joke about imagining men dealing with menstruation.

"Hey what's up man? You gonna play ball with us or what?"

"Nah man."

"What's goin' on man?"

"I'm bleeding dog."

#313285 - 03/09/08 06:10 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: shadowraven213]
Lara C. Lockhart Offline

Loc: Portugal, Salvaterra de Magos
Yes, i am sure a lot of guys and girls are using that day to explain to the world how many discrimination is going on against woman rights, like sex trafic, domestic violence, and so go on, but i also think that a great way to fight it would be not to consider woman weaker than the men, of course that they're so much more vulnerable in many ways, but the idea that they must have a day couse of their fragility in this world isn't a quite prudent way to fight that differences. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, i was curious about all your perspectives about this.

#313288 - 03/09/08 06:14 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Bill_M]
Lara C. Lockhart Offline

Loc: Portugal, Salvaterra de Magos
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M
You mean there's actually a "Woman's Day" now? That's even stupider than "Secretary's Day". What's the point in making a commemorative day for something that applies to over half (51%) of the world's population?

Besides, women don't need a day to remind them of who they are and what they can do that separates them from the rest of the population. Biology already gives them that reminder once a month. It's men who don't have this power to reproduce, which is why the majority of entertainers, politicians, and others who strive most hard to make individual expression and accomplishment have been people without wombs.

Anybody who hones their own talents and accomplishes something in this world, regardless of race or sex or handicap, does not need a day to vicariously live off of other's accomplishments.

Yes, i must agree, you don't have to celebrate something that happens everyday, and that's special everyday, just like men. Please don't remind me of that part of the month lol, it stills kinda boring

#313294 - 03/09/08 06:42 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Ygraine]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Risen's reply was perfect. Mine? Eh, so so.

Y~

Thank you Magistra.
Your reply was better than so so, it was a good smashing.

#313324 - 03/09/08 07:27 PM Hypocrisy and rape... [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

Yes, i am sure a lot of guys and girls are using that day to explain to the world how many discrimination is going on against woman rights, like sex trafic, domestic violence, and so go on, but i also think that a great way to fight it would be not to consider woman weaker than the men, of course that they're so much more vulnerable in many ways, but the idea that they must have a day couse of their fragility in this world isn't a quite prudent way to fight that differences. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, i was curious about all your perspectives about this.

I agree with you and would like to add that the whole Woman's day idea is rotten to the core. Good intentions does not justify idiotic legislation's.
Two years ago, for example, a group of politics suggested that all men should pay extra taxes to cover the expenses needed to run the Swedish rape-clinics, since it was our(The Swedish males) fault that these clinics were even needed. A few weeks later, within shouting distance of my house, a group consisting of four feminists in their twenties attacked an 18 year old boy on his way home from school. The kicked him, spat in his face and then proceeded to rape him.
With a pointed stick...

Edited by The Black Waltz (03/10/08 03:34 AM)

#313341 - 03/09/08 08:04 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: AurEum]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Upon further thought, I'm not opposed to "Woman's Day" if it had a different focus. Instead of the "Woe is me" or "I can do anything he can do better" attitudes, would it be so bad to take a day to simply remember that we are women and what that means to us?

I'm not suggesting an official holiday where we expect men or children to recognize women. Simply a day for women that is appreciated by women. In the era of boyfriend cut jeans and menswear inspired suits it would be nice to see a large number of women dressing and acting as women on a given day. Maybe brunch with girlfriends, shopping, getting a mani & pedi, whatever one enjoys. Granted, many of us do this on a regular basis anyway, but if there is a "Women's Day" this is how I would choose to spend it.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#313344 - 03/09/08 08:16 PM Re: Woman's Day [Re: AurEum]
L0ki Offline

Petition signed!

#313412 - 03/10/08 12:46 AM Re: Hypocrisy and rape... [Re: L0ki]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Man you got some hardcore feminists in Sweden. Yikes!
The 18 year old guy does not happen to be the usual obnoxious drunk on the weekends is he? Seems kind of strange just to pick some male randomly out of the crowd, then again the masses do crazy things all the time. Now if they had went after a known convicted rapists I could see the irony, this is just a tad bit reactionary.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#313418 - 03/10/08 01:26 AM Re: Woman's Day [Re: Lara C. Lockhart]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

How do you feel about "equal" rights for men and women? I find it kind of unfair when a woman can beat a man senseless and not get in trouble.

Here's a good example.

For this example I will bring in one of my ex girlfriends.

Mrs. Beth left me for Mr. Miles who happened to be a drug dealer. A great source for her growing addiction. Instead of whoring her self out to people for drugs she could just sleep with him instead. At least thats how I saw the situation

One day Mrs. Beth caught Mr. Miles sleeping(literally)in bed with two girls. She picked up a big 40 inch plasma TV and threw it on his head. A heated argument began due to the rude way he was woken up. One of the girls started crying as the TV also hit her.

Mrs. Beth pushed Mr. Miles down the staircase and then she stabbed him in the stomach. Mr. Miles called the cops and waited for their arrival crying and begging for his life. Upon arrival the cops arrested Mr. Miles and the charges are now picked up by the district. Mr. Miles was not in possession of any illegal controlled substances at the time and was simply taken to jail because he's a douche. No, not really, he got taken to jail because there's no such thing as "equal" rights.

I'm happy that he later got caught by the police with a number of assorted drugs. Among which was close to an ounce of cocaine, a federal felony. As well as an assortment of tabs(aka, Extacy/MDMA) which is a felony charge each in some states. \:\) Sometimes I like the system but they wouldn't have pulled him over unless for his pending abuse charge.

Now as much as I hate this guys guts I don't think the first bit of his downfall was fair.(Then again I wouldn't have it any other way.) I find it absurd that after having a TV dropped on your head. As well as being tossed down the stairs and getting stabbed you are the one arrested for abuse. Seriously, I didn't believe it until I noticed he was not at his residence(was a few streets down from me until the last arrest now he's gone for good I think) and several people who knew him told me that he was in jail.

Even though he was a scumbag and deserved all of it the system is still seriously messed up.

Edited by FalloutGod (03/10/08 01:28 AM)

#313427 - 03/10/08 03:42 AM Re: Hypocrisy and rape... [Re: JayLucif]
L0ki Offline

I reread the article. He was 17, not 18. And he was a good student with few friends.
He was raped on his way home from school. One of the girls knew him personally and the females did not pick him at random.
They targeted him...

And yes, some feminists are here are horrible! Have you ever heard about S.C.U.M.? They have a fair bit of support up here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43875 Topics
405557 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements