Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#313482 - 03/10/08 08:45 AM Please give me your opinions on this article.
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
NON AUTHORIZED LINK REMOVED

I found this article to be confusing. In my search on anything LaVey, I continue to find articles that contradict one another. In this article, it is said that Zeena and Karla are basically estranged. In something else I read, it stated that both girls were very active in The Church of Satan, and following their father's footsteps. Also, I read that ASL's birthday was April 23, 1930. Now I read it is April 11, 1930. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

SW9

Edited by Ygraine (03/10/08 09:14 AM)
Edit Reason: pseudo link

#313483 - 03/10/08 08:49 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: MissMina1556]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I recommend this being posted in the Questions about the Church of Satan thread to get a clear answer.

#313484 - 03/10/08 08:52 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: Philotechnic]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Thank you. How do I re-post this in that section? I'm new to the forums. I am still learning my way around. I would appreciate your help in showing me how to move this question.

Thank you.

SW9

#313485 - 03/10/08 08:54 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: MissMina1556]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Zeena and Karla were once active in the Church of Satan, both having at one time held the position of High Priestess. They no longer have anything to do with the CoS.

Doctor LaVey's birthday is April 11th, 1930.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#313487 - 03/10/08 09:06 AM My opinion, since you asked. [Re: MissMina1556]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Dr LaVey left a great legacy that has been useful to many. This article is hardly a "tribute" as the title suggests.

It seems to have taken most of its information from Zeena Schreck, without questioning the authenticity of any of it.

Feel free to research the issue properly yourself and find answers, if it is a matter of great interest to you - much better than taking others' word for it, as this writer has done.

Personally, I've not bothered to check up on most of the facts as it has little bearing on anything current, as I see it. If I find a reason to consider such things important, naturally, I'll start writing letters and making phonecalls, and who knows, maybe even paying visits.

But for now, I prefer to be busy with more personally fruitful endeavours.

Additionally, I think the makers of the website demonstrate their ignorance of Satanism (and spelling, for that matter) with the notice on their front page:

Quote:
All contents and images are copywrited © [Organisation name removed] 2007 - 2008, unless otherwise stated. [Organisation name removed] holds no responsability for the subject herein.

It seems they can't spell "responsibility", let alone take it.

#313573 - 03/10/08 02:34 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: spook show]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I don't think either one of them was ever High Priestess.

#313576 - 03/10/08 02:44 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: Maqlu]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

They weren't.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#313581 - 03/10/08 02:52 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: MissMina1556]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
The link is thankfully removed.
I am sure that every Satanist, at one point, has come across what you found. I bet they all came to the same concusion...that matter has nothing to do with us, as Satanists.
Biographers? Sure.
Satanists? Nada.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#313594 - 03/10/08 03:46 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: Phineas]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

I'm sorry to disagree Magister, but I believe at one time, each of them held that position. While I cannot be 100% sure about Zeena, (although I think I am), I'm pretty sure Karla held the title of co-High Priestess along with Magistra Blanche Barton for a very brief time after Dr. LaVey's death.

Perhaps someone at Administration can set the record straight.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#313616 - 03/10/08 05:56 PM The difference between the COS and "them" [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

I do not speak for the Church of Satan :

Ok, let's see something :

the Church of Satan has been established by one man. This has marked the century as it was the day where Satanism has been codified.

Codified.

Now, any hags can claim anything on internet, will this change the fact that people don't care ? They can call this "the First", the "Very first", "the super first Church of Satan", this won't change the fact that, once again, Satanism has been codified by one man, and if people go on to join the Church of Satan today, the reason is clear :

they do support the protestation against the worldwide hypocrisy which is, as everyone know, all religions based on pipedreams which target one thing : extinguishing the nature of man.

Nature had no religion. Since 1966 it has one because the men's poison try to change the datas ( religions ), and Satanism, as everyone knows, is the religion of life as it is really. Satanism, the mouth of life.

If Karla, Zeena, and anyone with a name finishing by "A" spend all their life in order to "gain back the throne", well, nothing is changing here : once again, one man has codified Satanism, and a book is about it.

One is the daughter, one was the lady , but at final both never belonged to the Doctor's wishes. The question would be : what the hell would they do with the crown ? Seriously, why do they want it ? >>>

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And certainly not for the nature of men's sake and the hypocrisy of religions.

If people join the COS today, it is for the same reason people were joining it in 1966.

But the difference is here : The COS never say anything like : "People, do not go there !!! We ARE the TRUE ones !" ..

One day, I had a book in hands, and this was my answer. I really didn't try to dig into the Anton LaVey's family problem to see if there was something else, and I am not the only one. Now of course, there are some who do this, but in life, I see 2 groups of people :

Life like a prism viewed from the above... Those at the center, the top where they can look at everything around. And then, those lost into the whole circumference of this circle, having a limited view.

Of course, the second case is always "trying to know what is better for them", but here, they do not realize it : they need to belong to something, to convert themselves. If they had a little bit of sense, they would see just one thing : ( once again )> one day, ONE man has codified Satanism and materialized it into a book and one organization.

There was one man called Newton who removed a veil from nature. Now, anyone called Kewton, Zewton or Stewton can fight endlessly to have his crown, that will belong to their epitaph : "have fought all life in order to gain something they tried to lower".

In France, No Satanists are fighting about it : LaVey is known, Karla is not. Voilà, one still shines, the other is not even a ghost. I guess it's the same in some other countries.

Edited by Assabrah (03/10/08 06:12 PM)

#313625 - 03/10/08 06:15 PM Re: The difference between the COS and "them" [Re: Assabrah]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I really enjoy the way you speak about these things. ;\)

Your analogy is superb as well.

#313687 - 03/10/08 11:35 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: spook show]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
This might be helpful.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#313694 - 03/11/08 12:00 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: AurEum]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you. As I stated, they never were.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#313698 - 03/11/08 01:05 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: Phineas]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Yes, Karla turned that option down which was an offer out of respect for his daughter by then, High Priestess Blanche Barton . SHE NEVER ACCEPTED THAT OFFER!! She did not want to be a co-High Priestess and share the 'responsibility' of running the COS. Her ego was not capable of dealing with that. Her father was a wise man regarding both daughters.
HS!

Edited by Magister_Lang (03/11/08 01:18 AM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#313715 - 03/11/08 06:53 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: spook show]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

I admit I was wrong about Karla, however, I still believe Zeena held that office sometime in the 80's. Although, I think her input as far as actually running the CoS was minimal at best.

Either way, I guess it's a moot point now as she has nothing to do with the organization at all.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#313730 - 03/11/08 09:16 AM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: Magister_Lang]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Merit, not Inherit!

#314125 - 03/12/08 04:59 PM Re: Please give me your opinions on this article. [Re: spook show]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

The other day, when I posted a link, that has since been removed, I have learned much by the responses here. I'm glad I posted that link, and I'm glad it was taken down. Another wonderful learning experience for me. I will learn how to recognize fact from fiction. This was my first lesson.

Shadow Weaver 9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements