Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#314082 - 03/12/08 12:35 PM Re: Eugenics. [Re: Felstorm]
aa_nerut Offline

Loc: Hollywood, FL
Felstorm,
The reason I brought it up was simply a reply to your statement was all and to take a position on one side in a conversation so that I may hear other points of view, points of view that I may not see or know at the present time. It is a way of learning new things thru dialog, conversation and debate. I am not trying to you box you into a racist pigeonhole, that is your assumption. You think I am using this as “some kind of weapon to achieve a rather transparent goal.” Again your assumption, what would this transparent goal be? As I have stated now and in fact in these other posts I may be misunderstanding a point of view.

If you are taking these statements and questions of mine as attacks or attempts to box you in, that has something to do with you, not me. I am simply trying to understand how eugenics can be considered Satanic as well as how it affecting the human race as a whole is Satanic. Which I might add yourself and others have given examples. So thanks everyone.

And an answer to the following “So your answer is no. If you had a cheap means of determining if your child got hereditary diseases, physical, mental, or otherwise, you would not exercise that option. Thank you.” I never once said my answer was no. In fact I said, “If my loved ones had predisposed illnesses I can only hope there is a cure as I cannot go back in time and eugenics them.” Meaning that my loved ones are already alive, here and now in the present world. To use the method you are suggesting would mean to go back in time prior to their conceptions and either opt them not be born or genetically alter them if the means was available.

As far as how smart the woman was, I have no answer and to make any answer without knowing her is assumption. I’m sure everyone has gotten to the point where they snapped, the difference lies in responsible actions or at least taking responsibility for your actions rather than limiting it to a case of intelligence. She may be very smart and just snapped. Who really knows, just because you are smart doesn’t mean you have the where-with-all or knowledge or experience to deal with social situations or child up bringing. Then again she could just be dumb.

But I do see we agree on a few things, there should be more nanotech research and this topic is dead. We have said what we wish to say on the subject.

Thanks again.
Tim

P.S. And very good point about the intelligence Discipline.

#314091 - 03/12/08 01:15 PM Re: Eugenics. [Re: aa_nerut]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Quote:
I’m sure everyone has gotten to the point where they snapped, the difference lies in responsible actions or at least taking responsibility for your actions rather than limiting it to a case of intelligence.

I've snapped a few times in my lifetime - in those cases the most I did was raise my voice or choose to abruptly walk away from a situation. In all my dealings with children I've yet to hit one or, indeed, hose any of them down.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#314094 - 03/12/08 01:41 PM Re: A retraction and apology. [Re: aa_nerut]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: aa_nerut
But the point I was getting at is at what level should the individual Satanist care or actively participate in such a practice.

May I make a suggestion?

Accept for a few obvious exceptions, the level an individual Satanist cares about, or participates in anything is up to the individual. That is not just a catchy phrase…it is true.

If something is important to you, go for it. No need to find out what other Satanists feel about it…even if you are the only one who seems to get it.
It goes the other way. If every Satanist felt a particular way about an issue, except for you…big deal. It’s not important to you.

Incidentally, from what I have read, my views are not far removed from yours. Not that you should care. ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#314105 - 03/12/08 02:53 PM Isn't it all too slow anyway? [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
As we have delivery systems (virus trucks) that can introduce new genetic material to change the genetic makeup of your living body now (and actually have been able to do this for many years), the focus on making changes to future generations seems rather unimportant by comparison, doesn't it?

Add to that the issue of switching genes off or on through epigenetics and the picture seems to focus ever more completely on the plasticity of altering your own genetic "situation" in the here and now.

Personal biotransformation - it is not just for the future.

Or so I have been told. ;\)

#314106 - 03/12/08 03:01 PM Re: Isn't it all too slow anyway? [Re: Nemo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I think that answers to aa_nerut's question...If Satanism is about the individual, why all the talk about eugenics.

What you just described puts the responsibility in the hands of the individual, not the ancestors.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#314118 - 03/12/08 04:18 PM Re: Isn't it all too slow anyway? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Ravenhael,

Thank you for the post. You have given to me, more information so that I may advance my studies. This has been a most wonderful read for me. Again, thank you.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12283 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements