Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#314124 - 03/12/08 04:53 PM Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
As I have been reading and watching the forums, I am slowly getting a feel for how they work, and where to post issues and concerns, and even something humorous.

I have joined Letters to the Devil because of one reason. I read The Satanic Bible about three weeks ago, and I was overwhelmed with the feeling of, "I have found my home". Never has one book affected me in such a way as TSB has. I was astounded! I put the book down. I sat in silence, and tried to absorb what I had just read. My mind was spinning. I was on overload. How can one man, write a book that would have such an influence on me? What is happening? Why am I feeling so drawn to his every word? After putting the book down, for only one day, I picked it up again, and read it over. The feelings were even more intense. That's when I started my web search. I found The Secret Life of a Satanist. Another profound book, another overwhelming feeling of something stirring deep inside of me. The books are laying around the house. My husband has decided I am crazy, my children just shrug their shoulders and continue to love me. My siblings are talking behind my back.

It doesn't matter one bit. I have found something that finally makes sense to me.

I tried the Catholic upbringing, nope, failed miserably. Then, I was the Born Again Christian, failed again. OK, then it came time to be a Wiccan! Oh, what joy in finding the God and Goddess. WRONG! I tried, really I tried. I wanted to fit in, I wanted to believe. Nothing felt right. I went along with the Wiccan scene, all the while feeling sick inside. Knowing something was not right.

Atheist you say? Satanist? What is that?? I am NOT an Atheist, and I have no clue what Satanism is about. I've dabbled in the Witchcraft thing, that only made me more confused. So, I continued on. Trudging through the mundane world, pretending, smiling, giving thanks to something I couldn't feel, or even pretend to see. Oh, the sweet sentiments, the cute little fairies and angels. Oh dear, what have I become?

Now, at one point, I was allowed to have someone in my life for a very short time. We talked about everything religious you could think of. At one point, my friend called me a Satanic Witch. Well, I took it as a compliment, still not know a thing about Satanism.

Well, here I am. I'm on a journey. Do I feel scared? No, enlightened, alive, strong, and hungry. Hungry for more. Hungry for every conversation and every book I can read. Hungry for more. I want it all now. It's my turn now. It's time for me to come out and play hard ball. I'm on a journey, that I feel will give me the answers that I have been looking for since I was a child. No one could ever give me an answer that satisfed my soul. Now, there was a man that wrote his thoughts and feelings down in The Satanic Bible. I'm so grateful that this has happened in my life.

It's finally about me. I am the one that will control me.

Thank you. This, I consider to be my introduction.

Shadow Weaver 9

#314169 - 03/12/08 07:45 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Even though you and I have spoken quite a bit already, I still have to say:

Welcome.

Edited by The Black Waltz (03/12/08 07:46 PM)

#314170 - 03/12/08 07:47 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: Mr Avarice]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Thank you Black Waltz! Our discussions have been wonderful, and I look forward to many more.

#314180 - 03/12/08 08:20 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Ditto, as they say...

#314220 - 03/12/08 10:06 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Welcome!

HS!
Sarah
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#314324 - 03/13/08 09:48 AM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: Muse]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

I'm so enjoying this forum. I'm looking forward to many, meaningful discussions.

#314346 - 03/13/08 10:46 AM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Fishers,IN
Congrats on finally finding your way here!

I raise my glass to you ma'am.

I loved your intro, it has probably been the best one I have ever read on this forum or any others.

Congrats again!

#314347 - 03/13/08 10:48 AM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: Giovanni]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Thank you Steven. It's nice to be home! Finally, someplace I can hang my hat!

#314714 - 03/14/08 01:23 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi Shadow Weaver 9 - I will add my own welcome to the chorus. I had a very similar experience when reading TSB which also involved dispelling the illusion I was then under that I was actually of a different faith. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have (and if Black Waltz likes you I'm sure to ;\) )

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#314722 - 03/14/08 01:40 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I will add yet another hearty Welcome! I will also add that, since TSB grabbed you so, get yourself a copy of Magister P.H. Gilmore's "Satanic Scriptures" and Magister Nemo's "The Fire From Within." They are both as awe inspiring as TSB was on first reading (and is still with every reading).
Again, Welcome!

#314727 - 03/14/08 01:52 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: DCLXVI]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Ah, Scion, thank you for the warm welcome! I'm finally learning my way around the forums. Black Waltz, well, he's so damn smart! I'm finding great comfort in being someplace that has so much feeling and honesty. No games.

And, to DCLXVI, I have The Satanic Scriptures, and I have also ordered Magister Nemo's book. It is on it's way. I am currently reading, The Satanic Witch.

Thank you!!

#314732 - 03/14/08 01:58 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
shadowraven213 Offline

Originally Posted By: Shadow Weaver 9
I'm finding great comfort in being someplace that has so much feeling and honesty. No games.

Feeling yes, honesty most certainly but games aplenty.

"Where the elite come to play"

Have fun. \:\)

#314736 - 03/14/08 02:04 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Shadow Weaver 9
I'm finding great comfort in being someplace that has so much feeling and honesty. No games.

You forgot the other nos:

No holes barred
No drugs
No devil worshipping
No fuckwittery
No second chances

I feel the joint is much cleaner and tidier as a result.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#314829 - 03/14/08 09:32 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Welcome to the boards! I know that the introductions are no longer required. However, I appreciate the respect. Thank you.

Hail Satan!!

#314837 - 03/14/08 09:59 PM Re: Shadow Weaver 9 / Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Do you remember playing with the children's toys that have different shaped holes in the top so that you can push blocks of different shapes through? I insisted on trying to change the block to fit the Catholic hole, then the Baptist hole, and nearly every other hole on the table. Then by chance, someone suggested that I investigate the quasi-elusive hole that was set apart from the others. Lo and behold, Satanism was a perfect fit, no shape bludgeoning required.

Are you absolutely loving The Satanic Witch? I could sing its praises from now until the end of time. It helped me recognize some things that I was already doing, and improve them. Secondly, it gave me all kinds of different perspectives to consider things from and turned life into one big laboratory ... or playground ;\)

Have fun and welcome!!!

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements