Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#308855 - 02/23/08 07:39 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I wasn't going to respond to this but here goes-
Anyone who doesn't like me for who I am is no friend of mine and can go pound salt.
Seems like to me it wouldn't be much of a loss.

#308862 - 02/23/08 08:53 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: ghostDIE
The real reason it was a pickle was because he read something that i wrote to someone else in an e-mail, discussing my new found belief, and he sent me a reply e-mail regarding something he wasn't really supposed to see.

Part of the problem then is how did that e-mail end up where he was in a position to read it?

#309038 - 02/24/08 12:20 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: verszou]
Charlie D Offline

Originally Posted By: verszou
 Originally Posted By: ghostDIE
The real reason it was a pickle was because he read something that i wrote to someone else in an e-mail, discussing my new found belief, and he sent me a reply e-mail regarding something he wasn't really supposed to see.

Part of the problem then is how did that e-mail end up where he was in a position to read it?

From a PM i sent to someone, it was at a lan. Through another fellow conspirator.

My point is that i am very close to this person and i wanted to tell him when it was time. The thing is now is that he's not really hurt but rather is having a hard time understanding why i didn't just tell him. He doesn't actually care what i believe in, he merely stated that it's hard to be a good friend when you're not just a little transparent. Which i would say i agree with.

#309055 - 02/24/08 03:11 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Years ago one of my friends 'found god', took his worldly possessions to the beach and destroyed them with a circle of his new peers.

While not exactly the same experience, it is a change nonetheless.

It was his business and I didn't question him about it. Eventually he drifted into his new lifestyle and we no longer communicate.

Edited by HoundDog (02/24/08 03:12 AM)

#311492 - 03/03/08 09:48 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
Saoiste Offline

Loc: Ireland
A lot of very high minded , principled & idealistic replies to this one !

To me the fella was asking how to avoid a potential conflict with a childhood friend over something he sees no need for a conflict about which to me is as wise as not broadcasting your pin number , tugging a lions tail or inviting suffering into your life in any other way .

Its all well & good saying "if hes a true friend bla bla" but none of you appear to consider an existence different to yours if indeed you cant ever remember a time before you were a COS member .

LaVey is quoted left right & centre if not on this thread but elsewhere yet I see no one championing his principles such as timing , direction balance etc to create a beneficial result .

I suppose its proof in its self that we are born Satanists because Charlie D appears to be hesitating about inflicting his will on his situation even if he doesn't know what how or why .

Years down the line he very well may be as cut throat as the rest of us but I for now enjoy viewing such naivety & to add it to my repertoire of human traits will , if not come in handy for misdirecting an enemy in the future , will at least make me feel like I have polished an old & forgotten skill .

I'm starting to sound like the cat among the pigeons now so I'll leave it at that before I needlessly offend .

#311505 - 03/03/08 10:55 AM Re: A friend issue [Re: Saoiste]
Guy Offline

Loc: Florida, US
I know this sounds like some of the other posts but:
If someone does not want to be your friend because of your religion they are not a friend. My girlfriend is christian and when I told her I was satanist she was shocked but she was ok with it because she loves me and I love her. Religion only gets in the way if one of you pushes it in your path.

This was written to express my feelings about people who kept saying I am arrogant.

#314372 - 03/13/08 12:05 PM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
DFJ Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Charlie D
I'm in a bit of a pickle. You see it's been about 6 months since i renounced the church and jesus and all that. But now one of my best friends has found out this info and he's a leader in the church i used to go to. He doesn't know of this (being Satanic) but he has now found out i'm not a follower of god anymore.

Has anyone else round here had a similar experience? and if so how was it dealt with?

I think many of us have "lost" what we thought was friends! I just came right out one day, and laid it down, and all that didnt like could turn away, cause it was my life and my choice!

#314402 - 03/13/08 03:09 PM Re: A friend issue [Re: Frksgoddess]
Grottognosis Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Im 43 yrs young,i have been a satanist 31yrs,they said i would grow out of it. well now im married have been for 18yrs i have a child 17,a good job,great family(inlaws included).who all kmow that i am very proud to be a satanist. and i live in the bible belt,so just be glad that you are now awake to true knowlege. HS.

HE WHO FORGETS THE PAST
IS DAMNED TO RELIVE IT.

#314771 - 03/14/08 05:09 PM Re: A friend issue [Re: Charlie D]
Amelia Offline

Loc: USA
Honestly that doesn't sound like much of a problem at all!
By that I mean, the fact that he's only upset that you didn't tell him directly, not the fact that you're not a believer of the thing that he believes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements