Topic Options
#315113 - 03/16/08 09:35 AM Let me show you the truth.........
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Now the story. There is a minor religious war going on in my job's locker room. It seems the xtians and the bombers are trying to convert, induct, or otherwise abduct as many as they can. Springtime membership drive?

Now the conversation.

Muslim "I can show you (holds up koran) the truth. It says here, (some quote???) that there is only one true god."

JW "That is true, but, unless you give yourself to his only true son, you're doomed to the lake of fire (no shit, lake of fire). What do you think Bill (that's me)"

Bill "I'm not involved in this, I'm just trying to get dressed."

Muslim "We believe that jesus was a prophet, not the son of god."

JW "Isn't islam just a way for criminals to get shorter sentences."

A quick aside... This is the exact progression of the conversation.

Muslim "What the fuck does that mean? (to me) Did you hear that shit"

Bill "Um, guys, my religion doesn't condone illegal activity and I'm still not involoved"

Muslim "Neither does mine."

JW "Is it legal the fly planes into buildings?"

Muslim "That was the government and the jews."

JW "That may as well be, but it is proof that we are in the end times and satan is walking among us. Let me show you the truth.."

Yep, a nice calm work enviroment. Yeech \:>

#315120 - 03/16/08 09:59 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Wow, nice place to work. Do they have any job openings?

#315125 - 03/16/08 10:08 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
shadowraven213 Offline

Are you bill and do they know your a Satanist?

#315126 - 03/16/08 10:09 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: shadowraven213]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Yes and Yes.

#315130 - 03/16/08 10:28 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
That's when I say "you're both retarded", and then I walk away.

#315140 - 03/16/08 10:48 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: J. Hagalaz]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Nah.

That's the part where you stroll into the locker room one day, announce you've made your decision on what to convert to, and then reveal that you've decided to become a Pastafarian. ;\)

Or, bait people into having a conversation about whose religion has done more bad and unjustifiable things, and then leave the room. \:D

Of course, these people probably don't need any help in staging a meltdown. I'd bet that there's a meltdown on the way. It's only a matter of time.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#315141 - 03/16/08 10:57 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
shadowraven213 Offline

It seems there was some dialog prior to this, probably concerning you and your religion.

I would personally be concerned about that minor war turning into a major one, with both of those religious fanatics turning on the "common enemy".

You!

Unless of course you are fully prepared for that eventuality and realized that it would probably happen if you told them about your religion, although I suspect you didn't.

#315145 - 03/16/08 11:12 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: shadowraven213]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
It seems there was some dialog prior to this, probably concerning you and your religion.

I would personally be concerned about that minor war turning into a major one, with both of those religious fanatics turning on the "common enemy".

You!

Unless of course you are fully prepared for that eventuality and realized that it would probably happen if you told them about your religion, although I suspect you didn't.

The whole religious thing goes on everyday. They have bible studies on Wednsedays, muslims walk around with their doormats. My end of the lockerroom is where the born agains set up camp.

I didn't actually announce my religion, but, I do read our books out in the open. I really don't care. If the time comes where it becomes an issue, well I have the ACLU's number. Besides I'm passively recriuting.... \:\)

#315149 - 03/16/08 11:52 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
No offense, but the ACLU rarely represents 'single person issues'.

Undercroft

#315151 - 03/16/08 12:14 PM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Darkahn]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Darkahn
No offense, but the ACLU rarely represents 'single person issues'.

That was a joke. I hate the ACLU to the core of my being.

There are so many different religions and factions of each in my work place, that what I choose to be isn't really an issue.

It is fun to debate from a position of power. Especially since my 'made up' religion is only 42 years old and my Bible hasn't been rewritten dozen of times.

#315214 - 03/16/08 08:22 PM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
\:o America must be so much more religious than Australia... I don't think I'd ever hear that kind of conversation in a workplace here! Well, maybe (maybe?) out in the sticks because they could be more religious (or at least, there's billboards telling you to 'read your bible!' once you start heading out that way).

The only people that even mention God/Jesus are the ones that actually bother to come knocking on your door!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#315221 - 03/16/08 09:26 PM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Babydoll]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

It's a symptom of blue collar work. We also have a mix of hispanics (catholic, jw, and born agains), blacks (baptists, born agains, and muslims)and your run of the mill recovering, born again alcoholics. Oh yeah, and me, your friendly neighborhood Satanman. \:D

It certainly is interesting.

#315244 - 03/17/08 01:10 AM Re: Let me show you the truth......... [Re: Risen08]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
You got only a few real choices. Ignore these pointless debates, and walk away. I myself avoid anything in the work place regarding religion and political discussions. The fastest way to make or ruin a personal business career goal in an business environment is to often get caught up in political and/or religious discussions, which often times political/religious biased people will use against one in the end. If you happen to be in a business pro religious view environment suck it up, make the best of the situation, learn how to effectively use these situations to your advantage, or leave for a better pay position somewhere else. I left a job position because the business owners made it a constant habit of forcing their Xian religious morality into the business environment, instead of just using a common basic business practice of just focusing on the most productive business environment really necessary. Their business environment was basically a cookie cooker job setting which is just bland, boring, and having no desire to be worthwhile of the time spent at work. Always using the business environment to spread their religious views, or using an underhanded method to silently pass along pro Xian religious books and so forth. Always trying to force the religion card whenever possible.

A few Satanic Rules of the Earth come to mind here.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements