Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#315705 - 03/18/08 05:21 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: C.F. Kane]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Ducks to avoid the faeces that have started to be casually flung around the thread

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#315711 - 03/18/08 05:28 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Scion]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
Laughs deviously, and proceeds to wash his hands.
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#315725 - 03/18/08 06:00 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
shadowraven213 Offline

Originally Posted By: ModernTantalus
One of the reasons why this double standard is of interest to me is because double standards reinforce the differences between people.

This is a bad thing? I personally love the fact that women and men are different and treated differently, it makes life a hell of a lot more interesting.

For example I am a man and love projecting the image of being a hell of a lot more masculine than I might actually be in some situations to gain an advantage, conversely women play upon their feminine charms and power over men to gain an advantage.

How are you not able to accept that the world is the way it is for a reason?

Women being under evaluated by idiot males is not a bad thing, ask a smart woman and they will tell you they like that just fine because they wont see them coming!

In fact I often envy the smart woman, they have it so easy whereas as a male I just have different tools at my disposal and manipulating women is much harder initially in my opinion for a number of reasons I don't feel like going into here.

Sure some women can be very nasty and some men can do unspeakable things, but why does any of this surprise you!

#315746 - 03/18/08 07:47 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: C.F. Kane]
ModernTantalus Offline

I didn't say we were all the same. I'm saying that human kind, when it no longer marginalizes people, will start to appreciate the unique contributions of each individual and it will lower the wall towards society becoming a meritocracy. I'm do think that we should all see that we are all part of the same group, but I never said anything about everyone operating under the same rules and expectations. What I mean is that whether someone is exceptional or not isn't dependent on their sex or race. Besides, didn't I ask you to stop responding to me?

Edited by ModernTantalus (03/18/08 08:00 PM)

#315747 - 03/18/08 07:55 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Nicolette]
ModernTantalus Offline

I think someone does have a hang up with the opposite sex, but I also think somebody is projecting her own issues onto someone else. You've devoted a lot of time to something from someone you don't like and consider boring. If you didn't like my post you could have moved on and found something else instead of coming in, trying to pick a fight with a complete stranger, and then placing labels and making assumptions about someone you neither know nor have ever spoken to. Here's another M word for you. Masochist.

#315750 - 03/18/08 08:02 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I'm saying that human kind, when it no longer marginalizes people, will start to appreciate the unique contributions of each individual and it will lower the wall towards society becoming a meritocracy

Are you serious?

Some people deserved to be marginalized.

I am a human, they are all human, if they drink and do stupid things then I should throw myself into the loop. Nope, not going to work.

We are all part of the same species but not the same group. Don't be tricked into ideal solipsism.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#315753 - 03/18/08 08:17 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Discipline]
ModernTantalus Offline

I agree that some people deserve to be marginalized, but only because they're marginal people. Not because they're women or men or black. I believe that everyone is born equal, but not that they remain equal after that.

Edited by ModernTantalus (03/18/08 08:18 PM)

#315758 - 03/18/08 08:30 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I believe that everyone is born equal, but not that they remain equal after that.

Can you prove this?

Science far out weights what you are assuming here.

#315759 - 03/18/08 08:32 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Come on, stop playing the activist card.

You brought up the discussion of alcohol and intoxicated women. You made it a point that it happens to everybody, which is solipsism. Now you use race and women to make a point?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#315760 - 03/18/08 08:41 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Unknown]
ModernTantalus Offline

There is more to being exceptional than genetic traits. Savants are often mentally retarded, yet play the most beautiful music imaginable or solves math problems faster than a calculator. Then there are people born with every advantage imaginable who waste their lives away. We can't control the cards we're dealt, but how we play our hand.

#315771 - 03/18/08 09:13 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I can't relate to this situation for several reasons.

- I don't have to drink any alcohol at all to become extremely horny.
- I would never drink to the point where I don't have any control of myself or when my judgment is beyond impaired.
- Anyone slipping ANYTHING into anyone's drink is a criminal bastard who should be promptly locked away.
- Most of the men you described are hooligans dressed up in beer-goggles, beer-muscles, and beer-stained "wife beater" shirts with backwards hats sporting beer logos.

#315773 - 03/18/08 09:17 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
As far as doing something about it goes... What would you propose I do other than make other's aware of the situation, initiate intelligent debate about it, and provide an opportunity for other's to examine the situation and how people feel about it?

Some people are morons, they make stupid choices. Why do you think it's your duty to save them or show them the truth? Let idiots be idiots. If you're smart, you'll use it to your advantage (and no, I'm not talking about getting some action). I would suggest being concerned about yourself and making decisions accordingly.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#315783 - 03/18/08 10:02 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Yeah, like I picked a fight. Everyone in here telling you that this is pointless is going out of their way to pick on you. Poor thing. You are ridiculous and I'm not going to rise to your bait.

Masochist? Ugh.

#315788 - 03/18/08 10:12 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Nicolette]
ModernTantalus Offline

"You are ridiculous and I'm not going to rise to your bait. "

You just did. Interestingly enough, I don't really care what you think about me. Your personal attacks aren't contributing anything. I notice you haven't bothered attacking anyone who agreed with me. Either you've ignored those comments or singled me out. I now know that I can irritate you without too much effort. Thank you for giving me that power.

Edited by ModernTantalus (03/18/08 10:13 PM)

#315790 - 03/18/08 10:15 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: G.F.V.]
ModernTantalus Offline

"- I don't have to drink any alcohol at all to become extremely horny."

Can't argue with that logic.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12154 Members
73 Forums
43917 Topics
405732 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements