Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#315794 - 03/18/08 10:30 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
Zardex Offline

Alcohol and other drugs have their effects which have their appeal and enjoyment, unfortunately the intoxication also has traits that reduce very important abilities of decision making and that makes their effect undesirable to many under most conditions.

Perhaps a condition in which one can feel safe not to have a chance to encounter a need for making decisions and otherwise feel up for intoxication with the cost of lowered reasoning ability... as such it just may not be all that appealing all that often.

#315861 - 03/19/08 02:48 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Nicolette]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
 Originally Posted By: NubsMcGee
You appear to have brought the m-word out of your own nether-regions.

I inferred that you are probably a loser who has some misguided issues towards women, or else you wouldn't be in this forum trying to stir up 'intellectual' commentary about 'something that happened to somebody once or maybe it was on a tv show, not quite sure except that it really fucking matters to me somehow...".

In short, your premise was full of holes. I don't like you and you are boring. That is all.

I could not agree more with your statements here. I just stayed a casual observer from this thread. I think you might be spot on with this poster, and what is being presented by who or whatever this poster is.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#315862 - 03/19/08 03:03 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Hum here are a few words you seemed to have missed yourself entirely.

Theory and Practice!

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

#315863 - 03/19/08 03:11 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: ModernTantalus
I now know that I can irritate you without too much effort. Thank you for giving me that power.

Hum this seems fitting for my new award for all the tards who show up here at these fine forums, and waste the quality time with the fine Satanic folks who do matter with their time pointing out the stupidity of the misguided and their dumb ass ideas! Must make use of the wasted space here somehow.

ModernTantalus you've been awarded my new "Monkey Pounding on a Keyboard Award! Enjoy!

Edited by JayLucif (03/19/08 03:15 AM)

#315866 - 03/19/08 03:57 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: JayLucif]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif

ModernTantalus you've been awarded my new "Monkey Pounding on a Keyboard Award! Enjoy!

[FALLS OUT OF CHAIR LAUGHING]

"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#315869 - 03/19/08 05:25 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Nicolette]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:
It is not a common situation for women to claim rape based on a few drinks and actually succeed in court.

It still does happen occasionally, which is downright tragic as it hurts the reputation of the man and the credibility of rape charges in general.

Quote:
don't want to hear about how all these poor guys everywhere are getting sued for having a good time by guilt ridden women. It ain't happening.

I don't know much about lawsuits, but merely implying that someone is a rapist spells trouble. Such rumors spread like wildfire on dry leaves.

#315894 - 03/19/08 08:46 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: JayLucif]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif
 Originally Posted By: ModernTantalus
I now know that I can irritate you without too much effort. Thank you for giving me that power.

Hum this seems fitting for my new award for all the tards who show up here at these fine forums, and waste the quality time with the fine Satanic folks who do matter with their time pointing out the stupidity of the misguided and their dumb ass ideas! Must make use of the wasted space here somehow.

You know, I decided last night that it was one of the truest things he's said so far, and put him on ignore.

So unfortunately, I won't be able to see it when he comes up with the entire works of Shakespeare, so you're going to have to let me know how that one turns out

Let's hear it for #8!

#315898 - 03/19/08 08:52 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Mr Avarice]
Nicolette Offline

Both very true statements. I'm not advocating the complete opposite position that all women are angels and men are oppressors, and so on with the feminist dribble which is just as bad about making outrageous claims and painting the opposite gender in a skewed slant.

I just think it's silly to be touting this situation as something 'we all know' happens all the time.

#315913 - 03/19/08 10:20 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Nicolette]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

Both very true statements. I'm not advocating the complete opposite position that all women are angels and men are oppressors, and so on with the feminist dribble which is just as bad about making outrageous claims and painting the opposite gender in a skewed slant.

Neither am I. In fact I have a hard time with people who put to much stock in stereotypes. Unless of course they're smart enough to watch the clock every now and then.

Quote:
I just think it's silly to be touting this situation as something 'we all know' happens all the time.

I was merely voicing my feelings, nothing else...

#315930 - 03/19/08 11:30 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Mr Avarice]
Nicolette Offline

Upon closer scrutiny...I think we are in agreement!

#316068 - 03/19/08 08:43 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: JayLucif]
ModernTantalus Offline

Tards who show up on this forum? I've been on these forums for almost two years now. My posts are kind of intermittent since I do have a life and things to do off of this forum. You posted a link to the 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth. These forums are Magister Ventrue's home and I appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into creating and maintaining them, but this thread was initiated by me out of my own mind. Although I respect the right of moderators to post and edit whatever they please by the power vested in them by Magister Ventrue, in a certain sense this thread is mine. Nobody is required to post on it who doesn't want to. In my initial post I requested that all responses be "well thought out and rational." You came into my thread, attacked me personally and without provocation, then provided nothing of value to the initial topic. Tell me, what is it in your past that makes you so insecure that you have to go online and pick fights with strangers you'll never meet?

#316073 - 03/19/08 08:47 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: ModernTantalus]
DemonicAngel Offline

Loc: Texas
In much of life there is a double standard regarding gender,thats life.Fuck um' all.

#316110 - 03/19/08 10:45 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: C.F. Kane]
Zardex Offline

Originally Posted By: Exsanguinate!!!
 Quote:
One of the reasons why this double standard is of interest to me is because double standards reinforce the differences between people.

Yes, between "us" and "them." I, for one, am excited when I can clearly see the the differences. It helps make navigating the social mine field that much easier. If only we could adopt some sort of "scarlet letter" system for stupidity.

Scarlet letter gave me a thought.
Instead of having a scarlet letter for stupidity we have a scarlet letter that reinforces the difference of a group often discriminated and viewed by majority an out-group.(Scarlet letter "A")

That is to reinforce the political power of this group often viewed as an insignificant minority but it does not exist to try and make everyone the same any more then the gay movement wanted to make everyone gay.

By no means are people forced to come out of the closet whether they are gay or atheist just to altruistically sacrifice themselves for the good of all gays or atheists.

Will the world really be a better place if, "we see all human beings as being part of the same in group who all operate under the same rules and expectations," as you say.

I don't F-ing think so, nor do I think I want any part of that, AT ALL!

We are not all the same, if this is an issue for you then you are in the wrong place.

If a group of organisms operate under the same rules and expectations it is usually viewed as a single agent or even a single organism.
We as humans are such agents and we could also be viewed as a population of bacteria and viruses.

If we as a race of humans were to function as a singular agent we would be nothing but the biomass of the singular agent.

This hardly seems a way to go at the moment although evolution may eventually take us there whether we want it or not. We may desire to evolve our minds by genetically and biologically engineering ourselves and enhancing ourselves with future computer technology which may or may not result in an eventual merging of the minds of our spices similar to the world wide web, but that is just a distant hypothesis.

#316206 - 03/20/08 10:39 AM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: Zardex]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
 Quote:
Instead of having a scarlet letter for stupidity we have a scarlet letter that reinforces the difference of a group often discriminated and viewed by majority an out-group.(Scarlet letter "A")

That is to reinforce the political power of this group often viewed as an insignificant minority but it does not exist to try and make everyone the same any more then the gay movement wanted to make everyone gay.

Is this like a "Special Interest Badge?"

I'd say the "conversion" rate would be about the same as has resulted from the gay movement, i.e. non-existent.

It would definitely serve to reinforce our differences, which I might welcome, but why just limited to the out-groups?

Hmmm... I suppose if every one were able to wear some corresponding symbol the symbols would cease to have any power. Things would be like they are now. We would only have bumper stickers to guide us when "The brakes go out."

Quote:
This hardly seems a way to go at the moment although evolution may eventually take us there whether we want it or not. We may desire to evolve our minds by genetically and biologically engineering ourselves and enhancing ourselves with future computer technology which may or may not result in an eventual merging of the minds of our spices similar to the world wide web, but that is just a distant hypothesis.

This makes me re-think my desire for eternal life, but does make me thankful that my concept of time is much smaller than it is in an evolutionary sense.
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#316315 - 03/20/08 04:58 PM Re: Women, Alcohol, Drugs, and Responsibility [Re: C.F. Kane]
Zardex Offline

Is this like a "Special Interest Badge?"

I'd say the "conversion" rate would be about the same as has resulted from the gay movement, i.e. non-existent.

I wouldn't say "Special Interest Badge" nor would I attribute it as attempting conversion, maybe more like a displeasure badge to come out of the closet with the displeasure towards the role of religion in the government in a similar way then the gay movement did in order to serve their rights that are provided by the democratic government system.
http://outcampaign.org/

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements