Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31534 - 03/14/04 10:19 PM Uses of "paranormal" energy?
Dmitri_32 Offline

I am sure you all will allow that emotional energy is a very useful and tangible thing, and those of you that have manipulated it in the Ritual Chamber would consider it a certainty. My question here concerns an acute receptivity of such energy in the paranormal sense; hauntings, premonition, channeling, etc. and the possibilities of manipulating such energy to one's own desires.

The two things I will treat as fact here are that firstly emotional releases, especially traumatic ones, leave a visible mark in the world around us (see Dr. LaVey's essay on Lycanthropy as a case in point where one can deliberately leave such a mark on a place) and secondly, some of us are highly receptive to said energy.

Now, on to the specifics. My good friend and partner (believe me, if it was me I would say as much) seems to be a highly receptive individual. She has been privy to an intriguingly high number of traumatic incidents in her relative past, present and future. While being able to see many ghosts and to succumb to premonition (and avert it to a small degree) are interesting in their own right, what interests me here are her moments of connecting to events as they happen (in this sense there is no mark on a specific place, she said it is rather more like tuning an old radio). Also take for granted that I really have no reason to disbelieve these occurrences.

Now, I have presented the idea to her that it may be possible to use this energy in the form of Greater Magic. Granted that these instances cannot be timed and would make their use in a Ritual setting difficult, I am wondering if it could still be useful and/or possible to manipulate it toward one's desires and if anyone here has had any success in doing so.

-D32

#31535 - 03/15/04 02:52 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

Also take for granted that I really have no reason to disbelieve these occurrences

Disbelief doesnt require a reason. Belief does.
It sounds to me like the 'magic' your partner should be practicing is on the recieving end of some good psychological treatment!
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#31536 - 03/15/04 02:54 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Satanya Offline
Banned

How is that so, Sir?

#31537 - 03/15/04 03:16 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Satanya]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
If I told you there was a giant purple dinosaur standing on the dark side of the moon, eating cheetos, what would your default reaction be?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#31538 - 03/15/04 03:20 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Now, I have presented the idea to her that it may be possible to use this energy in the form of Greater Magic. Granted that these instances cannot be timed and would make their use in a Ritual setting difficult, I am wondering if it could still be useful and/or possible to manipulate it toward one's desires and if anyone here has had any success in doing so.

Why would you have suggested that? One usually enters the ritual chamber with a purpose. What would be done with those ghosts in the ritual chamber? Many people throughout history have attested to have presensed unexplainable events or manifestaions. I'd be interested in hearing to what means they could be used as, in the ritual chamber.

#31539 - 03/15/04 03:32 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

If I told you there was a giant purple dinosaur standing on the dark side of the moon, eating cheetos, what would your default reaction be?

I wouldn't believe you because it has been proved that this is not possible to occur presently. I disbelieve you using of reason. Yet, try telling that to a two year old. They might believe you, not having had the time to develop accurate reasoning or enough information. I thought I could have misunderstood your point for motive, until you posted that.

#31540 - 03/15/04 03:53 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>If I told you there was a giant purple dinosaur standing on the dark side of the moon, eating cheetos, what would your default reaction be? <<

Mine would be to assume you were 3 years old.

#31541 - 03/15/04 04:15 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Satanya]
Dmitri_32 Offline

Read a little more closely, please. Indeed, these instances seem to be so fleeting that their use in any ritual would be difficult nearing impossible as you have even quoted. However, while the chamber may present a very favorable environment for conducting such matters, I do not think it is the only environment. Blindly and haphazardly as it may have been, I cannot doubt my successes in influencing events according to my will well before I had the benefit of reading the Satanic Bible or knowledge of the usefulness of the ritual chamber. I am sure there are others here who can attest to the same. I will return to this in a moment.

Likewise, I see a correlation between these inexplicable events and Greater Magic. Does not the would-be lycanthrope seek to leave a palpable mark of fear on an environment as the similar undirected emotional trauma of the forlorn ghost marks a haunt? Does not the sorcerer seek a certain goal through the power of his own emotions, powerful enough to be equated to a death struggle? I put forth the theory these are all very similar, therefore my question.

Now, consider these occurrences as cut from the same cloth as one would use in the ritual chamber; an unsought sacrifice if you will. If one is able to achieve the proper mindset outside of a formal ritual and comes across this energy at an advantageous moment, would it be possible to direct this energy as one's own? Should it be done? Is being privy to and utilizing the distress of another as it occurs a potentially useful tool, or is it far too akin to the actual taking of life by one's own hand and not to be done?

-D32
"Edited the last sentence for clarity."

Edited by Dmitri_32 (03/15/04 04:32 AM)

#31542 - 03/15/04 04:40 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Dmitri_32,

The ritual chamber is entered usually for the channeling of this energy. Indeed some people are more receptive than others or more sensitive to outside influences than others. What is a little blurred to me is how you are linking what LaVey wrote about The Fundamentals of Lycanthropic Metamorphosis to ghosts, and what exactly would you or your friend be trying to do in the ritual chamber with that. Would this involve an Ouija board or something of the kind?

If there are others here who could probably see clear what to me is quite blurred, I'd be interested in hearing what they'd have to say also.

#31543 - 03/15/04 05:58 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Satanya]
Dmitri_32 Offline

Hopefully this can clarify things a bit. I do not think of a haunting as coming from anything spiritual or from beyond the grave, but simply as an emotional scar upon the landscape created by a traumatic event. It seems to me that the first part of lycanthropic transformation, i.e. creating an aura of fear in a certain place, is in fact a method for doing this in a deliberate manner.

While interesting in its own right, this is not precisely what intrigues me. What has caught my attention are the moments where my friend is receptive to the distressing events of others as they are actually happening. Again I must stress that these moments are far too random to be useful in a formal ritual. Yet, supposing if one were able to achieve the proper state outside the chamber (and I do think this is possible, one only has to observe the enviable spontaniety of a wishing child to see that a solemn sense of purpose is not entirely necessary to conduct magic), would it not be possible to seize these moments and channel them toward one's own desires? My questions concern the potential usefulness of such energy and the ethics of doing so: these are, after all, highly charged events possibly resulting from the demise of an unknown party.

I have yet to actually attempt anything like this within or without my ritual chamber which, by the way, contains not a single ouija board. I am curious to know if anyone has tried, and if this is something worth pursuing or if it should even be done at all.

-D32

#31544 - 03/15/04 09:46 AM I have tried [Re: Dmitri_32]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
Many years ago when I was living in Los Angeles and I had an unofficial grotto going, I had a place to conduct rituals. It was some train tracks underneath a freeway, our version of a crossroads. One night a murder took place there, some mexican gang member was stabbed to death by rivals. We pounced on the opprotunity to use that event for a ritual. We went under the crime scene tape, the following night and held the rite over the blood speckled tracks.

Our purpose was compassion for ourselves, using the negative of the recent death as the balance to our future ...er...blessings.

The air was charged with the tension of being busted by cops, the fear of being set upon by gangs who roamed the place, and the life-force expended by the murder. We were a-buzz with the raw energy.

The culmination of our ritual was when a transformer box above us blew in an explosion of brilliant light and sparks.
It sounded like thunder, and lit the night like day. Oddly it came at the "Ave, Satanas"...just before the "So, it is done!"

Is this the type of working you might be reffering to?

As far as ethics go, how could it be wrong to utilise the negative to create the positive...the only one who did not like what happened was the gang member who found his end on that spot. We just took the circumstances and worked them as creation and manifestation.

EDIT:

Disclaimer* To comply with the warning of Nemo about posting of acting in illegal activities, I will state that no-one I know of or myself was responsible for any crime other than tresspassing the night we held the ritual. I completely adhere to the law concerning anothers life, and I do not endorse or state that murder is usefull to magic in any shape or form. My intent was to provide example as to how traumatic occurences could affect a place or a working, and those who undertake such affairs in a magical setting. I did my work on a spot where tradgedy occured, well after the fact of the crime. My actions could be likened to holding rituals on battlefields or other hot spots of past anguish...the horror was commited before we came along, and nothing could change that. I undertook magical curiosity about the hidden functions of this world by doing a ritual on that spot, bizzarre to be sure but not illegal. I also understand that the most potent power comes from the raw emotions of those who perform the ritual...and that night everyone present was charged to the max on some deep level that needed expenditure. There could of been zero outside current acting that night, just our perception of such, and that alone could be our enhancer of emotion. Perspective is funny like that...

I hope this clarifies matters.

Edited by HLGwyn (03/15/04 10:27 PM)

#31545 - 03/15/04 01:11 PM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dan_Dread]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA

What?

Belief does NOT require reason. The complete opposite actually.

Belief requires that you accept something, without having any reason to do so.

Disbelief, simply means that you do not believe in something. It leaves the door of possiblity firmly shut tight.

If you hold a disbelief in Magic for instance, then you will never test it. That is why a suspension of disbelief is neccesarry for Greater Magic.

Concerning your dinasoaur on the moon:

If I said that I simply do not believe that a dinasour could be on the moon, then that would be disbelief.

If I said that I you are correct, and there is a dinosaur on the moon, that would be belief.

Neither requires reason.

I would simply say that from the gathered evidence of mondern science, the likelyhood of such a beast existing without an atmosphere, food (of coarse it did have the cheetos!), or water, is impossible according to the current understanding of a dinosours biology, and that no evidence that I am aware of supports your statement.

I would conclde that your dinosour is real, in a fictional sense.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#31546 - 03/15/04 03:23 PM Mumbo Jumbo [Re: Dmitri_32]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
I am wondering if it could still be useful and/or possible to manipulate it toward one's desires and if anyone here has had any success in doing so.

As far as I can tell, that's the actual question you're asking.

Is it possible? If what you say is true, yes, it is possible.

Could it be useful? If it is possible, and it occurs, then yes, it could be useful, depending upon how it is used.

Has anyone here had any success in doing so? In doing what? Using your friend's "abilities"? Since she's anonymous, how would any of us know?

By answering your "questions", I hope I've made it obvious that they are very simple and not to the point which is not surprising since I suspect your actual reason for posting this tid bit invovles alterior motives. Maybe I'm wrong, but then, maybe I'm right.

If you really are asking for some secrets on how to improve your magical abilities, go find them on your own. This is no place for hand outs.

#31547 - 03/15/04 04:06 PM Re: I have tried [Re: HLGwyn]
Dmitri_32 Offline

It is certainly similar to what I had in mind, yes. Thank you for sharing that.

-D32

(Edit: You may want to trim your post in concurrence with Magister Nemo's "Warning" thread. The anecdote will survive well enough without going into such detail.)

Edited by Dmitri_32 (03/15/04 05:46 PM)

#31548 - 03/15/04 05:03 PM Re: Mumbo Jumbo [Re: Mason_Rust]
Dmitri_32 Offline

To the point:

-Friend is suddenly overwhelmed with empathy toward another's tragic event.

-I wonder if she could use this to her advantage. I think she could.

-I ask if anyone here has attempted anything similar. Is it useful enough to be worth the effort?

-My ulterior motive: Spark a discussion on a topic that receives, in my opinion, too little attention on this board for those of us "in the yellow", as it were.

Perhaps I should have just stuck to the typical forum-newbie questions of whether I should reveal to my parents/boss/significant other that I am a Satanist, or argue some simple philosophical point that has been under my nose the entire time, or just simply sing like a pig.

So between the suspicion and confusion, I am left with "if it works for you, why not?" Fair enough, and I suppose it is what I should have expected.

-D32

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements