Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#31549 - 03/15/04 05:15 PM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think "paranormal" energy is emotional energy. I think people cause "ghosts." I say this because I have experienced what many people would interpret as "paranormal activity" during ritual. The results you get from a ritual could also fall into that category.

#31550 - 03/15/04 05:32 PM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Dmitri_32 Offline

Quote:

I think "paranormal" energy is emotional energy. I think people cause "ghosts." I say this because I have experienced what many people would interpret as "paranormal activity" during ritual. The results you get from a ritual could also fall into that category.

I too have had similar experiences and have arrived at the same conclusion, thus my interest in the usefulness of this energy if it comes to one by means other than ritual.

-D32

#31551 - 03/15/04 06:21 PM Re: Mumbo Jumbo [Re: Dmitri_32]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Actually, there's a greater chance of having a productive answer offered if you ask what you really want to ask.

If you feel that your friend is having some strong emotions and/or receiving some psychic energy due to another person's situation, then certainly both could be used to her advantage in a ritual.

Even if that energy is there (and in abundance), it would not mean a damn if the other ingredients aren't there. What change does your friend desire, if any

I ask if anyone here has attempted anything similar. Is it useful enough to be worth the effort?

How useful any ritual is depends upon the performer(s) regardless. If your friends has something extra, it likely wouldn't hurt, and yes, may very well aid. However, Greater Magic can be successful without such "extras", if they do indeed exist.

Edited by Mason_Rust (03/16/04 09:02 AM)

#31552 - 03/15/04 06:52 PM Re: Mumbo Jumbo [Re: Mason_Rust]
Dmitri_32 Offline

Quote:

Actually, there's a greater chance of having a productive answer offered if you ask what you really want to ask.

Point taken.

Quote:

If you feel that your friend is having some strong emotions and/or receiving some psychic energy due to another person's situation, then certainly both could be used to her advantage in a ritual.

As I suspected.

Quote:

Even if that energy is there (and in abundance), it would not mean a damn if the other ingredients are there. What change does your friend desire, if any

Are there, or aren't? At this point my interest is still only theoretical.

Quote:

How useful any ritual is depends upon the performer(s) regardless. If your friends has something extra, it likely wouldn't hurt, and yes, may very well aid. However, Greater Magic can be successful without such "extras", if they do indeed exist.

Indeed. I realize that these "extras", while not entirely necessary may yet prove useful. I shall explore this matter further on my own. Aside from that, I am not here to try to discover anyone's great magical secrets; as personalized as ritual can be, mileages do indeed vary, and what works well for you may have limited usefulness to me. I put these questions forth for consideration and feedback. Even should my own personal endeavors into this area prove fruitless, perhaps others here may gain results from something they would otherwise not have considered.

-D32

#31553 - 03/15/04 07:04 PM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Quote:

I too have had similar experiences and have arrived at the same conclusion, thus my interest in the usefulness of this energy if it comes to one by means other than ritual.

-D32

Well, that is sort of what I was implying. If you are ritualizing correctly then you are using that energy. There is nothing supernatural about it.

#31554 - 03/15/04 09:56 PM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? *DELETED* [Re: Satanya]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Reverend_Lang

#31555 - 03/15/04 10:57 PM Disclaimer [Re: Dmitri_32]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I put the edit function to work on my original post on this thread, and wrote a disclaimer at the bottom.

The real horror of it all is my growing older and more skeptical about how ritual works. At the very end of my post I stated that by our thoughts of lingering trauma energy, we managed to jazz ourselves into a maxed out emotional state that was probably all the ritual had to offer in reality. Now that I am some gray haired old fart, I view any energy other than my own (including the perception of outside affects) with a critical eye.
I still believe in magic, but I only see myself as the conduit that carries it, or as capable of forming it.

One thing you might want to investigate further, besides "trauma energy" is geometric or magnetic or electric or geologic and other forms of energy mass.
This whole universe is chock full of matter being torn apart or held together with energy, and this world has enough emotion flying about to charge any ritual.

What I am really trying to say...the magician works with the unknown currents to charge their magic...no matter what it's perceived form is..., because the will of the magician bends it all into manifestation. Energy is energy...the focus to use it is something else entirely.

Forget breaking energy down into class, and focus instead on being natural with its' manipulation.

Edited by HLGwyn (03/15/04 11:02 PM)

#31556 - 03/16/04 02:22 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: Dmitri_32]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
"Paranormal" energy is a Greater Magic within itself.As many people have already stated more or less,the ritual chamber can very well pull these energies by being just that.I suppose the energy that you are talking about could be useful,but a successful working of magic can exist easily without them.This is something a true magician knows.So sitting around in the ritual chamber with the air purified,waiting for your friend to be all "receptive" would obviously be a waste of precious time,though I suppose the collective energy within could possibly hurry it along.Personally,I wouldn't bother with the attempt,unless she just happened to be there.Overall,you decide for yourself what happens in the chamber.Do you see anything coming from it in a magical perspective?.....Is it something you want?Can it be useful?...these are questions you need to ask yourself.Not the internet.

#31557 - 03/16/04 06:40 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy? [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, I agree with you
But, I'll add people that believe something without any sort of substance to back it up are engaging in self deceit, not to mention stupidity.
That was the point I was trying to make.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#31558 - 03/16/04 08:07 AM Re: Uses of "paranormal" energy?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I was thinking about how one might use this energy for a better purpose, like say, to help the enviroment or help our children to make a better tommorow.

Write about how to turn that energy into money and you'll have a besteseller.

#31559 - 03/16/04 09:01 AM Re: Mumbo Jumbo [Re: Dmitri_32]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Are there, or aren't?

Aren't. Sorry about the typo.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43979 Topics
406036 Posts