Topic Options
#318170 - 03/31/08 12:48 PM Bugs in Update
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Clicking a "latest post" from the main forum now switches you to flat mode even if your preferences are set to threaded. This also happens when clicking search results, your own post history, or someone else's post history. Minor but annoying.

Also, in threaded mode now the post orders are reversed, so most recent is at the bottom! I suppose it still functions, but man, that's weird.

None of this hurts functionality per se but it's a pain for trying to sort through a thread.

#318773 - 04/03/08 08:32 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Another bug:

If you do a search and click a person's profile from the results page, it instead returns you to the main forum page with, oddly enough, the correct URL for their profile displayed in the URL bar.

#318786 - 04/03/08 09:47 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I like to write my post in Microsoft Word, sothat I can edit it before actually posting.
Lately, I have noticed that this... ' , and this (...) has a series of numbers and characters instead.
I have been going back and editing...no big deal. There may be something I have missed in perferences, but haven't found it.
Is this really a bug; or, am I overlooking something obvious?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#318792 - 04/03/08 10:29 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I believe that's caused by mistranlating the unicode. Note sure exactly why, but I've used programs in the past for the use of special/nonenglish glyphs that caused lots of screwups on certain sites and programs.

#318797 - 04/03/08 10:53 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Thanks.
It did not happen here until this week.
It does happen on other sites. I just try not to use quotes or (...).

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#318800 - 04/03/08 10:55 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

No idea if this has something to do with it but it's worth noting that " and ... are both technically incorrect punctuation - the proper glyphs exist in some programs and are used automatically. I'm too lazy to write it up in a proper text program and paste it here, but it could have something to do with it.

#318821 - 04/03/08 11:59 AM Re: Bugs in Update [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Another bug that just occurred.

I got an error message saying that I had exceeded my allowed number of attachments, but on a second try let me upload one.

???

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404137 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements