Topic Options
#316847 - 03/23/08 12:40 AM About the credibility of TSB Translations
Zardex Offline

How confident are the administrative members of the Church of Satan about the credibility of all the different translations of the Satanic Bible so that their message has not been distorted during the translation?

I'm reading the Satanic Bible in english first because it's in a way a stronger language to me despite of finnish being my mother tongue, but if there is any doubt about the finnish translation by Paula Merensuo I would be interested in reading that as well to define if there is distortion in it just for personal interest on the matter.
(I am kind of an amateur translator myself)

#316848 - 03/23/08 12:46 AM Re: About the credibility of TSB Translations [Re: Zardex]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I've heard various reports. I'm told the German translation is sub-par and the French translation has been called into question as well.

Really, any book you are capable of reading in the original language, I recommend doing so. If you're interested in reading the Finnish version and reviewing it I'm sure some here would be interested, myself included.

#316849 - 03/23/08 12:55 AM Re: About the credibility of TSB Translations [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Zardex Offline

Alright thanks. Of cause I'm reading the original first as at least 90% of everything I've ever read is in english but I will read the finnish one eventually then too although it might take a while to get to that as I've gotten so many tips for new books to read since I found Satanism and these forums.

#318857 - 04/03/08 06:35 PM Re: About the credibility of TSB Translations [Re: Zardex]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
You should also know that the Administration of the Church of Satan does not own the rights to The Satanic Bible; those are currently owned by Harper Collins Avon and they have all control over the publishing of this book. Royalties are paid to the heirs of Anton LaVey.

The Church of Satan is in contact with Harper Collins Avon and we occasionally advise them regarding foreign publication and unauthorized copies of the book, but we do not make the final call on who translates or publishes The Satanic Bible.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements