Topic Options
#321845 - 04/17/08 08:29 PM Army Chaplaincy
belialtheunholy Offline

Loc: Germany
I am curious to learn if the CoS would endorse a candidate for Satanic Priesthood in the US Army?

According to the requirements as listed on the US Army's website, you would have to obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement from the faith group. If the candidate meets all requirements as laid out at the above link, would the CoS endorse a candidate?

I would also like to point out that the US Army has recognized Satanism as a legitimate religion since April 1978, when it published Army PAM 165-13.

Edited by belialtheunholy (04/17/08 08:39 PM)

#321856 - 04/17/08 09:05 PM Re: Army Chaplaincy [Re: belialtheunholy]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The COS does not elevate anyone to the priesthood on that basis.

Affiliation . Read the link for more information on this subject.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#321862 - 04/17/08 09:24 PM Re: Army Chaplaincy [Re: Phineas]
belialtheunholy Offline

Loc: Germany
If the person has already obtained Priesthood in the CoS, would they endorse that candidate?

#321906 - 04/17/08 11:36 PM Re: Army Chaplaincy [Re: belialtheunholy]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

In that case, it would be more likely to happen.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#321968 - 04/18/08 06:38 AM Re: Army Chaplaincy [Re: belialtheunholy]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
If a CoS Priest/ess were in the military and wished to pursue that particular job I think they'd be met with support--not because we need that sort of acceptance, or even because of stratification, but because above all else we are still a religion of individuals.

However, an Army Chaplain needs to have extensive knowledge of all the religions he/she services, and the ability to assist the soldier with their spiritual needs. Seeing as we don't have spiritual needs the Satanic chaplain might find faking it very difficult and be less effective than the central casting "love your neighbor" minister.

Additionally, while we are certainly a religion most of us would have issues considering ourselves a "faith group." Even typing the phrase makes me queasy.

Y~

Edited by Ygraine (04/18/08 06:40 AM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406046 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements