Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#321464 - 04/16/08 10:50 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I didn't even see this thread until now. When I saw the question, I immediately thought of the Christians that say "God gave us all free will to do what we want."

I always saw that as an excuse for them to indulge in whatever they did naturally.

#322149 - 04/18/08 06:44 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Callier]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Callier
"God gave us all free will to do what we want."

Since we, as Satanists, ARE our own gods, did we give ourselves this crazy little thing called "free will"?

HAIL SATAN!
HAIL ME!
HAIL YOU!
FUCK THE ABRAHAMIC deity!

#322231 - 04/18/08 11:55 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

#322256 - 04/19/08 02:48 AM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
Unimaginable things.

You must be right then. My imagination seems too limited.

Freedom sounds like fun, though.

Carpe Noctem

#322302 - 04/19/08 10:03 AM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Callier]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Originally Posted By: Callier
I didn't even see this thread until now. When I saw the question, I immediately thought of the Christians that say "God gave us all free will to do what we want."

I always saw that as an excuse for them to indulge in whatever they did naturally.

The old "God gave mankind free will" is the ultimate get out of jail free card that xtians always play when questioned on why a God who loves us allows so much suffering in the world.
Surely if God is omnipotent and all loving he could do something about it ?, but no God gave mankind "free will" so it's mankinds fault.
End of debate, A-fucking-men etc, etc.

zombie

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#322316 - 04/19/08 10:54 AM Re: If you had free will... [Re: ElJago]
Zardex Offline

Many answers fairly similar to mine have probably been made already but here is my answer:

With "free will" or in other words supernatural powers I would probably have no will to survive as I would have nothing to strive for and it might thus be impossible to will anything at all.
If hypothetically in such a state where there are no boundaries for me at all I would still somehow retain a will to power and a will to life then I would probably reform the human body a little, make some important corrections like giving us resistance to viruses, a separate breathing tube and less tendency to be deluded but leave some flaws too so that we can have something to strive for that keeps the living as living and perhaps somehow increase our over all willingness to understand and seek knowledge.
I would then attempt to will the free will away and be enslaved in an immortal and exceptionally high potential human body with eternal capacity to a sensation of vivid life experience and sensation of growing power and accomplishments and that the choices I make towards better life experience would constitute my illusion of "free will" yet I would understand that it is an illusion as I do now.

However through methods of future technology it may well be possible to remove many of the aforementioned physical flaws even without such a supernatural free will.
And even if we find ourselves developing ourselves beyond our biological needs we may still be incapable to form free will for we may never be able to rid ourselves from that will to power that manifests in the nature of living things.
And why would we want to be free of that?
Would it not be a state of death itself?

#322420 - 04/19/08 07:17 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Zardex]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

This thread,

is,

a mind fuck,

( I'll also say that it is an old one now ),

mixed with several definitions of a certain term by people,

so here goes the cyber conflicts, and neverending pseudo-scientists "wars".

do not tell me people that this is the only thing you have done in your... >>> Elitist life.

The man concerned here (the Satanist) is building his own universe, in his own property, living according to the balanced nature,out of the so called dogmas of God. By definition you are free from the "white mafia's slavery". Be happy, stop masturbating online, life is your own definition, control it, you do have the choice.

There's not all answers, and life's short, just go for it : build, admire, be immortal thanks to it, indulge for you and your beloved ones,fuck the rest.

Edit : the "you" is general.

Edited by Assabrah (04/19/08 10:15 PM)

#322453 - 04/19/08 10:30 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Assabrah]
Zardex Offline

Thank you sincerely Assabrah for that take on the subject, as it holds value.(By sincerely I literally mean sincerely... no sarcasm)
It really can be quite a silly thing to contribute any time on such pondering, unless it is an indulgence to do so.

#322687 - 04/21/08 08:29 AM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Free=something for nothing.

Will=choice.

Free Will.

I will get something for nothing, but I will be able to choose that something. Or will I?

#322700 - 04/21/08 10:02 AM Re: If you had free will... [Re: HellofallHells]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
There's no "Y," sir. wink
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#322922 - 04/22/08 01:27 PM Re: If you had free will... [Re: Magister_Harris]
Zardex Offline

I keep noticing the same thing that often causes misunderstandings and pointless arguments with questions that are both scientific and political.

There is cosmology and then there is philosophy.
Free will does not exist in cosmology however it does exist as a depiction of an idea in philosophy.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements