Topic Options
#323440 - 04/24/08 03:07 PM Celebrating my one year anniversary.
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
It was a year ago this month that I read TSB and signed online here.

I looked forward to this one year anniversary expecting to be much further along than I am; I am not at all satisfied with my progress. Sure, I've made steps in my journey, but I am not where I imagined I would be. Is anyone? Or is striving for more the ultimate Satanic ideal? Of course, not to be mistaken for an excuse not to achieve.

Cheers to a more productive second year.

Hail Satan!

Bonnie
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#323444 - 04/24/08 03:35 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Bonnie,

I don't know where you expected to be. Please explain what you thought might happen to you in one year.

But, whatever you think, always be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished so far.

Edited by Shadow Weaver 9 (04/24/08 03:59 PM)

#323446 - 04/24/08 03:41 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Happy anniversary!
Yes, we could all be a bit more reproductive.

Seriously...relax...do what you enjoy...this ain't no obstacle course. grin

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#323450 - 04/24/08 03:49 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Cheers and congratulations on your first year Bonnie smile

Be careful not to hold yourself up to an unrealistic goal because that means you'll never see anything but frustration along the way (it's a very christian thing to do by the way, I've been guilty of it myself).

Celebrate the progress made so far, set the bar a bit higher and have another go at it.

Hail Bonnie! smile

#323455 - 04/24/08 04:04 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
It has been awhile, Miss Bonnie. As Roho said, if you are enjoying yourself, and living your life, then you are already ahead of the game.

Hope to see you taking a more active role here, again at some point.

HS!

#323466 - 04/24/08 04:55 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Ahhhh, Bonnster - don't be so hard on yourself. You've made the most important step on the road to enlightenment by discarding all the Xtian crap and all the baggage that comes with it. It's a downhill journey from there (pun intended).

I miss you around the site (and my regular flow of PMs!), I hope you can find the time to check in more often, although I'm guilty of that particular misdemeanour at the moment too.

Here's to a good second year, hopefully it'll be better than this one but whose to say that this one was so bad in the final analysis? wink

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#323470 - 04/24/08 05:09 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Welcome back!
I was actually wondering what had happened to you yesterday. Good luck with your second year here!

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#323494 - 04/24/08 06:04 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
It's been a year already? Wow. I swear time is speeding up.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most people lack the initiative to take even the first steps towards self improvement. The fact that you are continuing your quest after a disappointing year speaks volumes. You are not giving up. Good for you.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#323531 - 04/24/08 08:30 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: Minus]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Wow, thanks for the love guys. It is so nice to see all my friends on here. I LOVE you guys. Seriously, I am the MUSHIEST Satanist that there is...well, you know, next to Svengali. Everyone knows he is a big softy.

At the risk of sounding incredibly whiny...I REALLY wanted to have my name in yellow by now. I wanted it to say, "CoS Member and really cool person," underneath my name!

No, I haven't submitted my application yet. I have a gajillion really valid reasons why I haven't, but it is still discouraging. I just need to make it happen. That's all. No more excuses. It's done. Check is in the mail.

I should look on the bright side, really. I mean, a whole year and I haven't gotten banned. grin I mean, some people don't even make it a week! 'Course it helps when I don't sign in for months at a time: less chance to offend anybody.

Hail Satan!

PS: Scion, it is only a "misdemeanor" if it is spelled in the American way. Therefore, you're excused.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#323567 - 04/24/08 11:07 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Bonnie!!!!!

You are intelligent, witty, hilarious and just an all around swell kinda gal. I sincerely value and enjoy your company. For what it's worth, a little birdie once told me that we are all works in progress. Aside from that, I've noticed that I learn far more from my "failures" and "shortcomings" than from successes. They are actually opportunities for growth.

I'm so glad to see you're back!

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#323638 - 04/25/08 05:37 AM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the love guys. It is so nice to see all my friends on here. I LOVE you guys. Seriously, I am the MUSHIEST Satanist that there is...well, you know, next to Svengali. Everyone knows he is a big softy.

However did we manage without you?

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#323642 - 04/25/08 05:52 AM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Welcome back.

Undercroft

#323763 - 04/25/08 04:11 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: RottenBonnie]
Zardex Offline

Aye I think it's best to enjoy life the best you can right now. Enjoy the struggle for more power and the growing power and potential that you experience.

Do not dream for a savior even in the form of the ultimate power position for if there was nothing to strive for and no struggle, nothing more to achieve, if there was peace, wouldn't it be as if you were dead?

I am fairly new to Satanism and I am finding a fantastic increase in how much I enjoy my life with the increased clarity companied by getting more understanding of Satanism.

I can feel so powerful and enjoy so fully the struggle of life. Even pain and hate I can breathe in with joy while recognizing the aspects in them that allow me to grow in power, potential and rational self control through acceptance of the truth of my nature without need to construct an image of a "good" person.

And I see I am not the only thing that is chancing for the environment must adapt to what I become.
For a twig in a stream there is little hope for changing or effecting the environment and you're obeying it's forces like a slave but when you're a boulder the environment itself must adapt and make way.

#324369 - 04/28/08 03:06 PM Re: Celebrating my one year anniversary. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
...this ain't no obstacle course. grin

You mean high kneeing it through the tires nude at the full moon wasn't required?

Congrats Bonnie!

Forum Stats
12095 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405458 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements