Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#323630 - 04/25/08 04:36 AM Your Parents
Dean Tempest Offline

Loc: lexington, ky
Have not been active in recent months due to the sheer amount of work I have been doing. But anyway, as of yesterday I was at my dads house and it was maybe the 1st time we had actually hung out together with no family present in close to 2 years.

2 years ago my dad and I got into a fistfight. Over a tattoo I got.

This coming from the father who has more inked skin then non inked skin. So for 2 years I have contemplated, and wracked my brain over the question. Was it drugs? Or something deeper?

Well we talked about it for the 1st time in 2 years yesterday. Details aside, it all came down to lack of communication. I did things because I did not have the full amount of info on the situations going on. If he merely had told me, I wouldnt have, and then we would not have gone a couple rounds in the living room. In fact the tattoo was merely the last straw and was merely the match that lit the fire.

On another note, my mother is also taking back her husband who hit her 2 months back. The man has never been a decent sort. Lazy, makes excuses and is a parasite that we all hate so much. But sadly, I also relized this week that my mother too is one of these parasites. I have worried about her so much in recent months, and tried to figure out how to help. I relize now there is no way for me to help.

I have been sitting here at work contemplating all of these recent happenings with my parents, and all I can do is shake my head at it.

So any of you have parents that put you through these kind of things?

Edited by Sightless Blind (04/25/08 04:37 AM)

#323637 - 04/25/08 05:34 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Evergreen Offline

Loc: Britannia
If you have grandparents who are still alive, and they are the reasonable understanding sort, it the might be therapeutic/helpful for you to sit down and talk to them. A discussion about what your parents were like when they were growing up, and the ups and downs of what they went through, would assist a fuller comprehension of their behaviour and reasoning, thus abetting future appeasement - and less frustration on your part. smile

#323639 - 04/25/08 05:46 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
My father is a fat sailor and my mother is a dentist.
Needless to say Their marriage went to the place of demons and devils but they turned out to be supreme parents separately.

Whatever you do, don't hold it all inside. If you need to talk with someone, be it a relative or a friend, then do it. Or perhaps you need to speak with a shrink if this runs too deep.

The choice is yours.
Godspeed.

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#323646 - 04/25/08 06:21 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Remo razz Offline

Loc: Canada
No...

#323649 - 04/25/08 07:05 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Remo razz]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I agree with Black Waltz, speak with a professional if need be. There you might be surprised to find that you are definitely OK, but your parents, sadly, have many issues that it looks like they have put on you.

#323664 - 04/25/08 08:39 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: MissMina1556]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Parents will argue, youths will rebel, parents will sometimes make bad choices in life that are beyond your, or anyone elses, control. Communcation is an important aspect in life.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#323672 - 04/25/08 10:18 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I think you're doing pretty good on your own here! I'm impressed that you were able to talk with your dad after such an encounter. It seems like it's more common to harbour a grudge.

I knew I grew up the day I stopped blaming my parents for my mistakes. I'm not saying that's what you are doing. But I have seen a lot of kids (and a surprising amount of adults) complain endlessly about what their parents should or should not have done. I see absolutely no reason to dwell on this unless you're trying to avoid the same mistakes with your own kids.

Since you asked, my parents are awesome grin. It was not their priority to be my friend when I was growing up. I think this was a good thing but I didn't understand that at the time. It's been my pleasure as an adult to be friends with good people who just happen to be my parents.

Parents do some knucklehead things. Don't we all? Folks seem to forget that that is one job people get no training for. I think the best thing a parent can teach their kids is to take responsibility for themselves.

As for your mom, that's tough. I'd strongly suggest not becoming her parent though. I can relate to worrying about her, to the desire to help her, to try and convince her not to make stupid decisions but it is ultimately her choice. I know the temptation to give a loved one unsolicited advice may be strong but, from my experience, it can be a futile endeavor.

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#323752 - 04/25/08 03:46 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My father is disgusting human being who doesn't deserve the oxygen he consumes, but since chopping him to pieces with a chainsaw would probably get me into some legal problems, I just keep as much distance between me and him as I can. I haven't heard of him in about 14 years. Maybe he already died of natural (or preferably unnatural) causes and nobody bothered to tell me.

My mother is fine. I call her some times.

#323761 - 04/25/08 04:08 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Old_Pig]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Hey, I hate my dad, too!

So this is what it's like...when doves cry...

My mom is pretty kick ass. We get along on a peer-to-peer basis now, though she likes to get motherly now and then, and throw new towels at me or whatever. She is a bit too soft for my liking, but then again, everybody I know is, so that's a moot point to make. She buys me coffee a lot, which is something I can get behind.

My Dad is kind of fucked in the head, pretentious, and pretty much everything that bugs me in general. He is quite un-Satanic, if I do say so myself. Plus, his wife is a horrid cow. I really hope they both die in some kind of horrible zoo accident, like falling into an ape pen. I've heard if they don't kill the intruders, it's really bad for their self esteem. skull

#323773 - 04/25/08 04:37 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: TheDegenerate]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Phosis

My Dad is kind of fucked in the head, pretentious, and pretty much everything that bugs me in general. He is quite un-Satanic, if I do say so myself. Plus, his wife is a horrid cow. I really hope they both die in some kind of horrible zoo accident, like falling into an ape pen.

You know, Phosis, here at LttD we want you to feel comfortable telling us how you really feel. Don't hold back, okay? It's unhealthy.

PS: In your next video blog can you pin up a picture of Jesus Raptor in the background? Thanks.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#323776 - 04/25/08 04:47 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: RottenBonnie]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
No, not the next one...

...but that gave me a good idea for future videos.

#323791 - 04/25/08 05:42 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Zardex Offline

So you have realized that your parents are kind of like psychic vampires?

It is a great thing that you have done this and you can feel proud of overachieving them in this way.
Why not let this realization be a power to you, a reason for joy, and let it aid you in learning to better manipulate them for greater success in socializing in a way you get what you want from them?

If what you want is honesty and openness then you might want to tell them how you see their behavior as and talk that through too, but I can't say how that would end cause I don't know them like you do.

#323890 - 04/26/08 06:42 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Sightless Blind
So any of you have parents that put you through these kind of things?

Not me. My parents have been happily married for almost 40 years. That's not to say we haven't had our disagreements and what not over the years, or that they were flawless, but I'd say they did a good job. I maintain a great relationship with them. That fact tends to upset a number of explicitly anti-Satanism people I've met, namely because it shatters their hypothesis as to what "made" me a Satanist.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#323892 - 04/26/08 07:01 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Evergreen]
Dean Tempest Offline

Loc: lexington, ky
Originally Posted By: Evergreen
If you have grandparents who are still alive, and they are the reasonable understanding sort, it the might be therapeutic/helpful for you to sit down and talk to them. A discussion about what your parents were like when they were growing up, and the ups and downs of what they went through, would assist a fuller comprehension of their behaviour and reasoning, thus abetting future appeasement - and less frustration on your part. smile

My grandmother is alive, and I actually know alot about both of their childhoods and how they where brought up. I cant say what is truth and what are lies, because sadly everyone seems to have a completely different story in my family. My mother is the guilt trip master. She lays it on thick, makes you feel like you owe her something. For years even when I was still in high school she did this to me, but towards late teens I stopped letting her.

My father, a former aryan nazi, has actually done quite a bit of growing away from being the vampire he once was. Alot of this has to do with my severely harsh and blunt opinions about him after our fight that I would discuss with other members of my family. The trust with him is being rebuilt slowly.

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
My father is a fat sailor and my mother is a dentist.
Needless to say Their marriage went to the place of demons and devils but they turned out to be supreme parents separately.

Whatever you do, don't hold it all inside. If you need to talk with someone, be it a relative or a friend, then do it. Or perhaps you need to speak with a shrink if this runs too deep.

The choice is yours.
Godspeed.

Dont worry, I wont need a shrink. Thanks for the concern though. I actually have been talking with my brother alot about it every few days. We are both thrown on how our mom could take back her husband after that. Its very saddening to think about at times, but I'm ok with the fact that there isn't a thing I can do about it. Though my brother did tell him if he ever layed a hand on her again he would cripple him.

And on a side note I would like to state one thing about my mother I forgot to post in the 1st one. When he hit her, she hit back. With a cookery utensil. grin

Originally Posted By: Zardex
So you have realized that your parents are kind of like psychic vampires?

It is a great thing that you have done this and you can feel proud of overachieving them in this way.
Why not let this realization be a power to you, a reason for joy, and let it aid you in learning to better manipulate them for greater success in socializing in a way you get what you want from them?

If what you want is honesty and openness then you might want to tell them how you see their behavior as and talk that through too, but I can't say how that would end cause I don't know them like you do.

Yes I realized it as of late, while reading Satan Speaks. While I feel I have learned how to maneuverer my father in the ways I want to, my mother is just too much a slave to her unstable emotions and loneliness. Shes more unpredictable now more then she has ever been in her whole life.

I think the best thing I can do for her is to just step back and stop trying to help her. Let her realize that the wife beating husband is no good on her own. I believe once he pulls his same tricks again here in another few months, it may finally push her back to reality.

#323896 - 04/26/08 08:47 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Reading through all the posts in this thread, I see that, maybe, my childhood was closer to normal than I thought.
Of my family (4 generations) my siblings and I are but 1 person away from being the "Elders of the Clan." Our father is still alive, but since the last I saw him was some 51 years ago, I have no idea what kind of man he is.
He abandoned us when I was 5. I haven't seen his since, though my sisters have. At this point in my life, I have no desire to see him.
All 4 grandparents have died.
Our mother was (she is deceased) a classic example of the Psychic Vampire Dr. La Vey wrote of in TSB. In my opinion she was a sadistic bitch. I often thought,"I know who my sire was. But, just who the hell is my mother?" The way we were treated in our childhood, I think the greatest accomplishment achieved by my sisters and myself...we lived to reach adulthood. This woman would, literally, beat us with anything that came to hand.
I could list several times when she (in my opinion) came a hair's breadth from killing me. I think the only thing that stopped her was the thought of the death penalty or life in prison.

Reading, or listening as I do, to numerous true crime books, and the psychological profiles of the many serial killers in America, it's a miracle I'm not one myself.
But, then, I value life more than anything. Not just my own, but the lives of others.
SO, I would say to anyone who can sit down and talk to a parent as fellow humans, you are extremely lucky. As are those who have a good relationship with their parents.

HAIL SATAN!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43827 Topics
405222 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements