Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#323630 - 04/25/08 04:36 AM Your Parents
Dean Tempest Offline

Loc: lexington, ky
Have not been active in recent months due to the sheer amount of work I have been doing. But anyway, as of yesterday I was at my dads house and it was maybe the 1st time we had actually hung out together with no family present in close to 2 years.

2 years ago my dad and I got into a fistfight. Over a tattoo I got.

This coming from the father who has more inked skin then non inked skin. So for 2 years I have contemplated, and wracked my brain over the question. Was it drugs? Or something deeper?

Well we talked about it for the 1st time in 2 years yesterday. Details aside, it all came down to lack of communication. I did things because I did not have the full amount of info on the situations going on. If he merely had told me, I wouldnt have, and then we would not have gone a couple rounds in the living room. In fact the tattoo was merely the last straw and was merely the match that lit the fire.

On another note, my mother is also taking back her husband who hit her 2 months back. The man has never been a decent sort. Lazy, makes excuses and is a parasite that we all hate so much. But sadly, I also relized this week that my mother too is one of these parasites. I have worried about her so much in recent months, and tried to figure out how to help. I relize now there is no way for me to help.

I have been sitting here at work contemplating all of these recent happenings with my parents, and all I can do is shake my head at it.

So any of you have parents that put you through these kind of things?

Edited by Sightless Blind (04/25/08 04:37 AM)

#323637 - 04/25/08 05:34 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Evergreen Offline

Loc: Britannia
If you have grandparents who are still alive, and they are the reasonable understanding sort, it the might be therapeutic/helpful for you to sit down and talk to them. A discussion about what your parents were like when they were growing up, and the ups and downs of what they went through, would assist a fuller comprehension of their behaviour and reasoning, thus abetting future appeasement - and less frustration on your part. smile

#323639 - 04/25/08 05:46 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
My father is a fat sailor and my mother is a dentist.
Needless to say Their marriage went to the place of demons and devils but they turned out to be supreme parents separately.

Whatever you do, don't hold it all inside. If you need to talk with someone, be it a relative or a friend, then do it. Or perhaps you need to speak with a shrink if this runs too deep.

The choice is yours.
Godspeed.

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#323646 - 04/25/08 06:21 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Remo razz Offline

Loc: Canada
No...

#323649 - 04/25/08 07:05 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Remo razz]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I agree with Black Waltz, speak with a professional if need be. There you might be surprised to find that you are definitely OK, but your parents, sadly, have many issues that it looks like they have put on you.

#323664 - 04/25/08 08:39 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: MissMina1556]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Parents will argue, youths will rebel, parents will sometimes make bad choices in life that are beyond your, or anyone elses, control. Communcation is an important aspect in life.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#323672 - 04/25/08 10:18 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I think you're doing pretty good on your own here! I'm impressed that you were able to talk with your dad after such an encounter. It seems like it's more common to harbour a grudge.

I knew I grew up the day I stopped blaming my parents for my mistakes. I'm not saying that's what you are doing. But I have seen a lot of kids (and a surprising amount of adults) complain endlessly about what their parents should or should not have done. I see absolutely no reason to dwell on this unless you're trying to avoid the same mistakes with your own kids.

Since you asked, my parents are awesome grin. It was not their priority to be my friend when I was growing up. I think this was a good thing but I didn't understand that at the time. It's been my pleasure as an adult to be friends with good people who just happen to be my parents.

Parents do some knucklehead things. Don't we all? Folks seem to forget that that is one job people get no training for. I think the best thing a parent can teach their kids is to take responsibility for themselves.

As for your mom, that's tough. I'd strongly suggest not becoming her parent though. I can relate to worrying about her, to the desire to help her, to try and convince her not to make stupid decisions but it is ultimately her choice. I know the temptation to give a loved one unsolicited advice may be strong but, from my experience, it can be a futile endeavor.

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

I Live In A Trailer Park

#323752 - 04/25/08 03:46 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My father is disgusting human being who doesn't deserve the oxygen he consumes, but since chopping him to pieces with a chainsaw would probably get me into some legal problems, I just keep as much distance between me and him as I can. I haven't heard of him in about 14 years. Maybe he already died of natural (or preferably unnatural) causes and nobody bothered to tell me.

My mother is fine. I call her some times.

#323761 - 04/25/08 04:08 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Old_Pig]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Hey, I hate my dad, too!

So this is what it's like...when doves cry...

My mom is pretty kick ass. We get along on a peer-to-peer basis now, though she likes to get motherly now and then, and throw new towels at me or whatever. She is a bit too soft for my liking, but then again, everybody I know is, so that's a moot point to make. She buys me coffee a lot, which is something I can get behind.

My Dad is kind of fucked in the head, pretentious, and pretty much everything that bugs me in general. He is quite un-Satanic, if I do say so myself. Plus, his wife is a horrid cow. I really hope they both die in some kind of horrible zoo accident, like falling into an ape pen. I've heard if they don't kill the intruders, it's really bad for their self esteem. skull

#323773 - 04/25/08 04:37 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: TheDegenerate]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Phosis

My Dad is kind of fucked in the head, pretentious, and pretty much everything that bugs me in general. He is quite un-Satanic, if I do say so myself. Plus, his wife is a horrid cow. I really hope they both die in some kind of horrible zoo accident, like falling into an ape pen.

You know, Phosis, here at LttD we want you to feel comfortable telling us how you really feel. Don't hold back, okay? It's unhealthy.

PS: In your next video blog can you pin up a picture of Jesus Raptor in the background? Thanks.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#323776 - 04/25/08 04:47 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: RottenBonnie]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
No, not the next one...

...but that gave me a good idea for future videos.

#323791 - 04/25/08 05:42 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Zardex Offline

So you have realized that your parents are kind of like psychic vampires?

It is a great thing that you have done this and you can feel proud of overachieving them in this way.
Why not let this realization be a power to you, a reason for joy, and let it aid you in learning to better manipulate them for greater success in socializing in a way you get what you want from them?

If what you want is honesty and openness then you might want to tell them how you see their behavior as and talk that through too, but I can't say how that would end cause I don't know them like you do.

#323890 - 04/26/08 06:42 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Sightless Blind
So any of you have parents that put you through these kind of things?

Not me. My parents have been happily married for almost 40 years. That's not to say we haven't had our disagreements and what not over the years, or that they were flawless, but I'd say they did a good job. I maintain a great relationship with them. That fact tends to upset a number of explicitly anti-Satanism people I've met, namely because it shatters their hypothesis as to what "made" me a Satanist.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#323892 - 04/26/08 07:01 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Evergreen]
Dean Tempest Offline

Originally Posted By: Evergreen
If you have grandparents who are still alive, and they are the reasonable understanding sort, it the might be therapeutic/helpful for you to sit down and talk to them. A discussion about what your parents were like when they were growing up, and the ups and downs of what they went through, would assist a fuller comprehension of their behaviour and reasoning, thus abetting future appeasement - and less frustration on your part. smile

My grandmother is alive, and I actually know alot about both of their childhoods and how they where brought up. I cant say what is truth and what are lies, because sadly everyone seems to have a completely different story in my family. My mother is the guilt trip master. She lays it on thick, makes you feel like you owe her something. For years even when I was still in high school she did this to me, but towards late teens I stopped letting her.

My father, a former aryan nazi, has actually done quite a bit of growing away from being the vampire he once was. Alot of this has to do with my severely harsh and blunt opinions about him after our fight that I would discuss with other members of my family. The trust with him is being rebuilt slowly.

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
My father is a fat sailor and my mother is a dentist.
Needless to say Their marriage went to the place of demons and devils but they turned out to be supreme parents separately.

Whatever you do, don't hold it all inside. If you need to talk with someone, be it a relative or a friend, then do it. Or perhaps you need to speak with a shrink if this runs too deep.

The choice is yours.
Godspeed.

Dont worry, I wont need a shrink. Thanks for the concern though. I actually have been talking with my brother alot about it every few days. We are both thrown on how our mom could take back her husband after that. Its very saddening to think about at times, but I'm ok with the fact that there isn't a thing I can do about it. Though my brother did tell him if he ever layed a hand on her again he would cripple him.

And on a side note I would like to state one thing about my mother I forgot to post in the 1st one. When he hit her, she hit back. With a cookery utensil. grin

Originally Posted By: Zardex
So you have realized that your parents are kind of like psychic vampires?

It is a great thing that you have done this and you can feel proud of overachieving them in this way.
Why not let this realization be a power to you, a reason for joy, and let it aid you in learning to better manipulate them for greater success in socializing in a way you get what you want from them?

If what you want is honesty and openness then you might want to tell them how you see their behavior as and talk that through too, but I can't say how that would end cause I don't know them like you do.

Yes I realized it as of late, while reading Satan Speaks. While I feel I have learned how to maneuverer my father in the ways I want to, my mother is just too much a slave to her unstable emotions and loneliness. Shes more unpredictable now more then she has ever been in her whole life.

I think the best thing I can do for her is to just step back and stop trying to help her. Let her realize that the wife beating husband is no good on her own. I believe once he pulls his same tricks again here in another few months, it may finally push her back to reality.

#323896 - 04/26/08 08:47 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Reading through all the posts in this thread, I see that, maybe, my childhood was closer to normal than I thought.
Of my family (4 generations) my siblings and I are but 1 person away from being the "Elders of the Clan." Our father is still alive, but since the last I saw him was some 51 years ago, I have no idea what kind of man he is.
He abandoned us when I was 5. I haven't seen his since, though my sisters have. At this point in my life, I have no desire to see him.
All 4 grandparents have died.
Our mother was (she is deceased) a classic example of the Psychic Vampire Dr. La Vey wrote of in TSB. In my opinion she was a sadistic bitch. I often thought,"I know who my sire was. But, just who the hell is my mother?" The way we were treated in our childhood, I think the greatest accomplishment achieved by my sisters and myself...we lived to reach adulthood. This woman would, literally, beat us with anything that came to hand.
I could list several times when she (in my opinion) came a hair's breadth from killing me. I think the only thing that stopped her was the thought of the death penalty or life in prison.

Reading, or listening as I do, to numerous true crime books, and the psychological profiles of the many serial killers in America, it's a miracle I'm not one myself.
But, then, I value life more than anything. Not just my own, but the lives of others.
SO, I would say to anyone who can sit down and talk to a parent as fellow humans, you are extremely lucky. As are those who have a good relationship with their parents.

HAIL SATAN!!

#323898 - 04/26/08 08:50 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Sadly, my parents are not here anymore. They both died at an early age.

I read everyone's stories about their parents, and I find them sad. I had a great relationship with both of my parents. I came from a home where I saw my father treat my mother with much love and kindness. She, in turn, gave it right back to my father. There were four of us kids. I am the oldest. I saw alot and I remember more than the other 3. But, my two brothers and my sister had the same relationship with my parents that I did. We respected our parents, they had they last word. They raised us to be responsible, respectable adults. Never did myself, or my siblings go through that stage that I hear of, where you hate your parents. It just wasn't so in our family.

When my father died first, pretty much my world and that of my mothers and siblings fell apart. My dad went to work and never came home. He died at age 58 of a heart attack. I was 32. My mother died 2 years later. She was a smoker, so it was the combination of emphysema and a broken heart.

My life was just never the same after my parents died. To this day I still get the urge to go to the phone and call them. It's been 20 years since my dad has been gone, and 18 since my mother has been gone.

I'm grateful I had the childhood I did. I am sorry that I read that others did not have such wonderful childhoods. It's foreign to me, when I read your stories of how you dislike your parents, and how parents dislike their children.

I have taken what my parents taught me, and that is how I raised my two children. My children and I have a wonderful relationship. Neither one of them ever gave me any kind of trouble or disrespect. It was not in our reality.

I talk to both of my children everyday. They are out of the house now, but we see each other at least once a week, and call about once a day.

My heart is with all of you who have unhappy memories.

#323901 - 04/26/08 09:13 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Bill_M]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I maintain a great relationship with them. That fact tends to upset a number of explicitly anti-Satanism people I've met, namely because it shatters their hypothesis as to what "made" me a Satanist.

Good point, I have come across this myself a few times. There is often the assumption that turning to satanism is somehow a cry for help or an indication of trying to forget a bad or abusive childhood, or is somehow a sign of not being able to maintain a good relationship with family and/or friends.
I have had and continue to have a good relationship with my parents and my extended family.
I think Bill Hicks summed it up best :-

"My momma never hit me and my daddy never fucked me, thought I would get that out of the way first".

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#324247 - 04/27/08 10:12 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
My mother has been, spare about a six-year period, an excellent parent -- though I've the feeling she has failed to remember discipline in an attempt to make up for those six years.

I really have nothing much good to say about my father. Even though he was a top paid Registered Nurse for all of my life, we almost never had any money. We lived in a decently sized home from when I was four to ten. The first several years were spent with no furniture spare beds and lawn-chairs to watch a television that sat on the floor.

This guy was making 120K a year.

We had no money.

He was spending it on cigarettes, booze, and mistresses while simultaneously starting a family.

Eventually he dumped my mother, after getting her pregnant thrice, and left her to push herself through college (he had apparently knocked her up at 21, when she had no education), and nursing school herself, to later become an RN.

Curiously, even before she was an RN, we had a hell of alot more than we ever did -- and it sure as hell wasn't because of child support.

I would say the abuse I went through, which shall remain undescribed, did little to shape my views.

But my mother showed self-reliance and stratification in action.

Undercroft

#324266 - 04/28/08 01:47 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Darkahn]
Dean Tempest Offline

Originally Posted By: Darkahn
My mother has been, spare about a six-year period, an excellent parent -- though I've the feeling she has failed to remember discipline in an attempt to make up for those six years.

I really have nothing much good to say about my father. Even though he was a top paid Registered Nurse for all of my life, we almost never had any money. We lived in a decently sized home from when I was four to ten. The first several years were spent with no furniture spare beds and lawn-chairs to watch a television that sat on the floor.

This guy was making 120K a year.

We had no money.

He was spending it on cigarettes, booze, and mistresses while simultaneously starting a family.

Eventually he dumped my mother, after getting her pregnant thrice, and left her to push herself through college (he had apparently knocked her up at 21, when she had no education), and nursing school herself, to later become an RN.

Curiously, even before she was an RN, we had a hell of alot more than we ever did -- and it sure as hell wasn't because of child support.

I would say the abuse I went through, which shall remain undescribed, did little to shape my views.

But my mother showed self-reliance and stratification in action.

My stepdad was pretty bad on money too. He had lots of it. And alot of that was spent on my brother(his actual son) and his various hobbys. This isnt the same stepdad as the wife beating one though.

My real dad didnt step into the picture till I was 15. My stepdad raised me from the time I was 1 year old.

He would buy all sorts of stuff for my brother. Expensive model cars, sports equipment and the like.

But with me it was always as if his sole goal was to hinder me in all forms. He never bought me a single present. It was always my mother who did and put both their names on it. I was even around 6 or 7 offered to go to a school designed for the artsy kids because of my artistic talent and ability to read. He stoped my mom from leting me go, claiming that stuff was bullshit and not normal.

I sometimes look back on my life and wonder what would have happend if I had attended that school, or if my real father had been around.

What I do know is that my past experiences with my stepdad and real father have allowed me deep insight as to how to properly raise my children, if I have any.

My mother wasnt always bad though, it was really after she married her current husband that her sanity went. He has 2 sons, 7 and 9 when they got married, who are mentally handicapped. Their mother died some years back, and he basically put their care completely on my mother. The oldest actually went at her with a kitchen knife and told the teachers at school that she touched him in bad places. He doesnt live with them anymore, as the state took him away after relizing he was lieing and his father wouldnt do anything to help him properly. But the damage was done.

Its been a slow downhill ever since for her.

#324273 - 04/28/08 02:25 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Are you still good at art, do you still love creating art works? There is nothing stopping personal drive, but yourself. "What does not kill you, makes you stronger." Blaming any parent is pointless you miss your opportunities focusing on what others are doing to you, instead of you doing what you desire. That is the ultimate "test" of life, not being distracted from others from your drive and direction you want to go in life.

I have always loved different forms of created music styles, regardless of thoughts, actions, or personal views of the talented people creating the music. My passion fuels me in my endeavors. I did not turn out as a Robert Johnson, a Jimi Hendrix or a Eddie Van Halen, though I still pick up my guitar from time to time and I always end up surprising myself at my spontaneous musical creative side I have from the six string. I did not go professional into music but still do my own playing for my own enjoyment. I have had people try and hinder my progress but I went ahead anyway, my passion and what I wanted to do still fueled me to do things my way anyway.

The only regrets I have were not from my individual parents but not listening to my very talented and well learned Musical teacher, who could play any heard musical piece from ear and reproduce it on the spot, he was also able to play many different instruments. He could play the guitar both electric and acoustic including 6 and 12 string, Banjo, Violin, cello, stand up and electric Bass guitar, Drums, Piano both standard and electronic keys, he was also a very talented vocalists and could read music charts very, very well, he has a Masters degree in classical and musical theory. He had enough talent and education to conduct symphony size musical groups. If I had paid more attention to his direction to dedicate my personal studies to learning more in-depth of Music, I could have done anything with it I wanted to, I still can all I need to do is do it, I have the basics down enough to learn any piece of music or expand enough of myself to use my own style of playing, if I wish to learn some piece of music I can everything else comes from endless practice.

The only real person holding you back is yourself, everything else one does is just a passive excuse for not doing. You are not your parents actions, you are your own actions you take.

"Do, or Do not, there is no try" Master Yoda.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#324274 - 04/28/08 02:34 AM Re: Your Parents [Re: JayLucif]
Dean Tempest Offline

Originally Posted By: JayLucif
Are you still good at art, do you still love creating art works? There is nothing stopping personal drive, but yourself. "What does not kill you, makes you stronger." Blaming any parent is pointless you miss your opportunities focusing on what others are doing to you, instead of you doing what you desire. That is the ultimate "test" of life, not being distracted from others from your drive and direction you want to go in life.

I have always loved different forms of created music styles, regardless of thoughts, actions, or personal views of the talented people creating the music. My passion fuels me in my endeavors. I did not turn out as a Robert Johnson, a Jimi Hendrix or a Eddie Van Halen, though I still pick up my guitar from time to time and I always end up surprising myself at my spontaneous musical creative side I have from the six string. I did not go professional into music but still do my own playing for my own enjoyment. I have had people try and hinder my progress but I went ahead anyway, my passion and what I wanted to do still fueled me to do things my way anyway.

The only regrets I have were not from my individual parents but not listening to my very talented and well learned Musical teacher, who could play any heard musical piece from ear and reproduce it on the spot, he was also able to play many different instruments. He could play the guitar both electric and acoustic including 6 and 12 string, Banjo, Violin, cello, stand up and electric Bass guitar, Drums, Piano both standard and electronic keys, he was also a very talented vocalists and could read music charts very, very well, he has a Masters degree in classical and musical theory. He had enough talent and education to conduct symphony size musical groups. If I had paid more attention to his direction to dedicate my personal studies to learning more in-depth of Music, I could have done anything with it I wanted to, I still can all I need to do is do it, I have the basics down enough to learn any piece of music or expand enough of myself to use my own style of playing, if I wish to learn some piece of music I can everything else comes from endless practice.

The only real person holding you back is yourself, everything else one does is just a passive excuse for not doing. You are not your parents actions, you are your own actions you take.

"Do, or Do not, there is no try" Master Yoda.

Firstly, yoda is awesome. crossbones

And dont worry, I actually did end up pursuing my artistic ability's. I have a degree in computer graphic design now, and tend to dabble in a little bit of everything artistically. Writing, drawing, movie making, painting and putting together models. I am even thinking about geting into clay pottery once I have a larger home.

#326016 - 05/05/08 06:28 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
My dad is a loser and I don't know him.

My mom is sadly, a disorganized parasite. She can't keep a job and has to constantly borrow money from people. I feel horribly guilty for being a spacy kid who did stuff like crash her car throughout childhood and want to help her out without just putting a bandaid over her major financial issues. When I hear American liberals talk about how all cultures are equal and values are relative I just feel disgust.

Oh yeah and I got on satannet from her computer once and she flipped out. She said these are Satan's followers and to stay away from them. She said why not "angelnet.com?" She said "when those people ask you to bring a bone and a skull, that's when you will learn." It saddened me that she could be so narrow minded and ignorant. I expect that kind of stupidity from the masses but not from her. She doesn't really know me and she will die without really knowing the real me. She won't even be at my Satanic wedding which I will probably have. I have to masquerade around her.

Edited by ConquerOrPerish (05/05/08 06:38 PM)

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#326022 - 05/05/08 07:18 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Parents are strange creatures. I know this because I have two of my own, and I happen to be one. Your perspective changes when you find yourself in that role.

I have had my own issues with my parents. This is especially true with my mother. She had issues with her mother. Her mother walked away from her family when my mother was young. After going ten years without contact, my mother reformed a relationship with her mother. I never understood that. But, that is her.

But, I could list a pile of crap my mother pulled, and I still talk to her. Mostly because, since I became a parent, I know that she is just a person who did the best job she could. I take things as they are now. If she pulled any crap, I would have to call her on it. So, to answer your question, most of us probably have parents who put us through things. Everybody's things are different things, but things, none the less. I am sure I put my son through things. And, the way we handle these things is as individual as we are. We all do what we have to do. Our parents are not perfect. It is amazing that we allow them to form our psyches. All we can hope for is that we can break out of that, and take control.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#326023 - 05/05/08 07:22 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Dean Tempest]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
My parents are the two greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#326035 - 05/05/08 08:01 PM Re: Your Parents [Re: Minus]
ryan MAIDEN Offline

Loc: SC USA
I don't think I have ever engaged in an argument with my parents... Well this one time I got in one with my dad.. My parents are more wise than I, so I treat them with respect. In return, they don't bitch at me for still living with them.. hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405198 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements