Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#32394 - 03/19/04 03:06 PM All toys ARE satanic... [Re: Mason_Rust]
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
I think that all toys are satanic.
They all are satanic because they all give a certain pleasure to their owners, making them feel good. Satanists always look for pleasure through all the actions they perform and every toy gives pleasure to the person who owns and/or play with it.

#32395 - 03/19/04 07:37 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I had a book of board games, called "Ghastly Games," by John Ascroft.

Quote:

GHASTLY GAMES: 12 Sinister Board Games Invented, Designed and Drawn for Your Pleasure Author: Astrop, John. Published by Delacorte New York 1983. VG/none; unpaginated; First U.S.A. printing stated; Very Good in glossy pictorial boards, unembellished by any prior owner's artwork but with a closed tear on one page; no dustjacket. Great colorful illustrations. Games include Snake Track, where the goal is to remain undevoured; Ugly Mug, the goal of which makes no sense if you aren't looking at the art; Dracula's Blood, where the goal is either to turn the maiden into a vampire (if you are Dracula), or kill Dracula (if you are the maiden); Germs, with a goal of being the last surviving germ to infect Peeky Pete with a deadly disease, and many more. First Edition Hard Cover Size: Folio - over 12" - 15" tall Folio - over 12" - 15" tall.

(a description from a used book vendor.)

Now that I've been reminded of it, I'm seriously considering tracking a copy down. I gave mine to my little sister, and now she won't give it back.

#32396 - 03/19/04 09:00 PM Another MIMP freak [Re: Mason_Rust]
PsycoP Offline

Loc: Connecticut
When I was young the only toys I used to play with were toys of monsters. I still got my giant tub of 100's of MIMP toys from my childhood. I rember having a giant castle for them. I used to have them wage war on theese cool toys that were deranged looking monsters on skateboard type things. I normally have a hard time remembering that far back but your post sparked memories of many fun hours inspecting those toys finding which ones were coolest and who was enemys and allies with who.

#32397 - 03/19/04 09:18 PM Re: All toys ARE satanic... [Re: CannibalSpirit]
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Quote:

I think that all toys are satanic.

I wouldn't go that far. Captain Planet came out with an action figure.

#32398 - 03/19/04 09:38 PM Re: All toys ARE satanic... [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I wouldn't go that far. Captain Planet came out with an action figure.

You got a problem with the Power of Heart?

#32399 - 03/20/04 01:18 AM I presume... [Re: CannibalSpirit]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
that you have never heard of Bible Man?

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#32400 - 03/20/04 02:03 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Felstorm]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

He-Man was actually considered more "of the devil" than G.I. Joe by my parents. What black listed the Joes was only the Cobra organization, whereas He-Man is replete with all sorts of fantasy, magic, and brute force. I remember even reading an essay by a traveling evangelist that "revealed" what all of the characters words and actions meant.

This was one aspect of the 80's I will not miss (nor make apart of my 80's TE).

#32401 - 03/20/04 03:53 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: reprobate]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

I imagine you as a young thinker being bought a "Philosophy Set" for your birthday with free Occam's Razor and some monopoly money for Pascal's Wager. Naturally the Ethical Egoism part of the set was well-used. Perhaps you even got a Ayn Rand booster pack later that year?

#32402 - 03/20/04 06:30 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
Kurgan Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Land of the Midnight Sun
I didn't have any MIMP's as a child but if I did they would have felt right at home in my Castle Greyskull. Now that was a Satanic toy right down to the weapons rack and skull drawbridge.

#32403 - 03/20/04 09:35 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
Kurgan Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Land of the Midnight Sun
I almost forgot about that most classic of Satanic toys, the jack-in-the-box. Just when you start to become entranced by the beautiful music it makes, out pops the evil clown to scare the living fuck out of a complacent herd.

#32404 - 03/20/04 10:13 AM Re: I presume... [Re: SilverHammer]
Martial_Law Offline

Quote:

that you have never heard of Bible Man?

Oh man, I'm gonna be laughing at that for ages

I was always into Lego as a kid, I just loved creating structures and making little stories where the Lego men interacted and had tiny skirmishes. I guess I would view that as a Satanic toy since it encourages a kid to think and be creative by building different things. I also remember this toy similar to Monster In My Pocket that I think was called Mighty Max which was awesome. I loved all the little minitures and how well crafted the bases were. Oh and the Owl character was great too.

#32405 - 03/20/04 01:26 PM Re: I presume... [Re: SilverHammer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure if I should laugh, cry, or vomit. But I need to do one of them to purge myself of that.
DatheR

#32406 - 03/20/04 01:30 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two things.

She-ra kicks He-man's ass up and down the toy store (this is a long debate with best friend and my ex-girlfriend both of whom don't see how kick-ass She-ra is.) and as far at The Passion action figures well... I'd buy that for a dollar.
DatheR

#32407 - 03/20/04 01:34 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Manceres]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Satan! Someone else who remembers Battle Beasts! I remember writing to Takara and Tonka to bring the things back a few years ago. I can't even find them in garage sales or ebay (both of which I gave up on though) in the 2 years I spent looking. We all need to realize how lucky we were as kids. We had cool toys, decent tv shows, and realistic guns. None of this clear toy gun bullshit, I want mine so realist that the nieghbor kid is going to get shot by the cops for pointing it at me. Good times, good times.

DatheR

#32408 - 03/20/04 04:17 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
Haras Offline

Loc: Shropshire, England
I prefer to give my daughter a good book...............a copy of TSB comes to mind
Seriously though she has access to all literature and has an open mind and is past the age of playing with toys (16 this year) But I will say that she does collect anything goulish and I remember monsters in your pocket, we used to get them in cereal packets as well as being able to buy them!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406341 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements