Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#32409 - 03/20/04 06:06 PM Re: Science and ballistics [Re: Flavius]
Abbott Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Atlantic City,NJ
Man you really took me back, I still have the same daisy air rifle, except my brother and I shortened the barrel, 6" total, sick and probably in violation on some fed statute!!! It still is deadon accurate, and with10 pumps, deadly as ever.

#32410 - 03/20/04 06:13 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: MagisterParadise]
Abbott Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Atlantic City,NJ
Coming up in the same generation, I too enjoyed the slime, but the wrist rocket slingshot was a tool of destruction I got many hours of education from. The safety minded overlords of toy safety these days would cringe at what we enjoyed, even with the risk of "putting an eye out"

#32411 - 03/20/04 06:24 PM Blast the caco-demon with the plasma gun! [Re: Mason_Rust]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
I'm not sure if video games count here, but I probably could have done enough schoolwork to skip two grades with all the time I killed playing the computer game DOOM. That came out when I was a mere lad of nine years, and I don't think I've been the same since.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#32412 - 03/20/04 06:34 PM Re: Science and ballistics [Re: Flavius]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I had an air rifle when I was a kid, not sure what kind (I'm fairly sure it was some sort of Daisy, though it does not look like the one you've posted a picture of.) but it was surely painful, as it was takin away from me by my father and broken in half after I hurt someone with it. Good times. Shortly after I was given a real rifle and taken target shooting, I was and still am pretty gosh darn accurate.

Edited by El_Cabron (03/20/04 06:40 PM)

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#32413 - 03/20/04 07:19 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think the most Satanic toys I had, at least as far as aesthetics go, were my Dungeons and Dragons action figures. These were not the board game pieces made of metal.These were sort of like G.I. Joe in size, came with dragons and were rather "dark" as far as toys go. I have always been a big fan of Ray Harryhausen's monsters and these were very much like something he would have created.

They came with a castle that was a giant snakes head. It had two levels. The bottom had a treasure chest surrounded by a fire river decal with screaming skeletons tangled within the flames. The sides were decorated with corpses chained to dungeon walls. The top level had a big purple demon with huge black wings, perching in front of a trap door. If you pulled a lever in the back, the trap door would open and the unfortunate fellow standing there would fall into the fire river below. My favorite part was the wall with spikes that you could close on whoever you placed in the room.

To me a Satanic toy should be a toy that lets the child use his/her imagination, including the darker aspects of it. I also think toys like Legos are Satanic because you can create your own toys with them. Any toy that can be used to exercise your imagination or your creativity is Satanic.

#32414 - 03/20/04 07:21 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
sCara Offline

To say the least, I collect toys. One line is Living Dead Dolls.. They've had dollies here and there with a typically Satanic overtone (Lou Sapphire, Sinister Minister & Bad Habit..). This year, however, looks to be very promising. These look most impressive:

Series Seven (The Seven Deadly Sins)..

Walpurgis (Exclusive to Germany):

#32415 - 03/20/04 07:33 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Some of you were allowed to play with toy guns. Now you know how to use real guns all the better.

I got early training in another kind of weapon altogether.

#32416 - 04/12/04 10:01 PM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Mason_Rust]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on, no one even mentioned the orginal He-man characters. Now that I think of it they were very satanic, used magik, etc, and had many demons. I loved them and wished I never gave them up, for they are better than the new He-man figurines.

#32417 - 04/13/04 11:03 AM Teddy Ruxpin needs the Exorcist
DCAdam22 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Washington, DC
Does anyone remember Teddy Ruxpin?

As a child of the 80's I had one... basically it was a teddy bear that had moving eyes and mouth. You inserted a cassette tape in his backside and thus Teddy Ruxpin would "talk." Hey, for a 4-5 year old it was pretty cool.

My Teddy Ruxpin has since been possessed! I found him in a box in my parents' basement and took him out. I put in some new batteries and he still works!

The only problem is for some reason he plays the tapes backwards! No kidding. At 22 years of age watching a stuffed animal's mouth move and speak backwards is some pretty scary stuff!

"We are all animals, my lady!" -Darkness, "Legend"

#32418 - 04/13/04 11:40 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Kurgan]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I loved Castle Greyskull.

http://obsidian.tarantella.net/funstuff/motu/greyskull_v1.htm

(not sure if that's a new one...doesn't feel like the one I had)

Castle Greyskull is so...S/M.

Totally forgot about Skeletor, who was always much cooler than that cheesy He-Man.

#32419 - 04/13/04 11:42 AM Re: Satanic Toys [Re: Caesar]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

I remember trading these on the bus in Elementary school.

They were so delightfully...gross.

#32420 - 04/13/04 12:05 PM Destro [Re: Caesar]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Who is more Satanic than Destro?

http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/destro.shtml

The entire Cobra force was pretty damn cool. I've always been a bit too much like Cobra Commander (who was a little bitchy and tempermental) - while striving to be more like Destro (who was cool and just plain devious). Zartan was an interesting character as well - and that Major Bludd (? - with the eyepatch) was always a good sketchy character, at least in the comics. Cobra had those really evil looking H.I.S.S. tanks, too.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/hiss/

I was never lucky enough to get the big fortresses or the GI Joe Aircraft Carrier (which was the thing to have one year), but I had a great deal of fun constructing elaborate fortresses out of cardboard. They had more trap doors and such anyway - since I made them.

GI Joe had a great renaissance in the 80s. I'm actually suprised more kids didn't grow up clamouring to get into the military.

Also, while it got a little cheesy...the whole thing where they recombined the DNA of the greatest tyrants and military geniuses of all time...from Ghengis Kahn to Caesar to Napoleon... to create the ultimate supervillian, Serpentor, was also pretty damn Satanic.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/airchariot/

#32421 - 04/13/04 12:14 PM Re: Destro [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
TAYLOR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wandering in Carcosa
I loved Serpentor! (...And let's not forget about the hooded COBRA Commander. He looked gleefully evil. Kinda reminded me of a medieval executioner.)

I ended up destroying the "good" GI Joes one day. Serpentor had finally succeeded in resurrecting the ancient Godzilla (the huge toy that fired off his fist like a Shogun Warrior) and well...a can of my mom's hairspray and my father's lighter and Godzilla reigned triumphant.
(All that was left of the good guys was a mass of plastic.)

I paint the thrilling.
http://www.taylor9.com/
(High quality prints of my work are now available.)

#32422 - 04/13/04 12:50 PM Re: Destro [Re: TAYLOR]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Yuck! The smell of melted action figure plastic.

I'm pretty sure I used to melt He-Men slowly with a light bulb. I remember the weird chemical smell and the smoke coming out of their melty heads.

The Gozilla flamethrower sounds like a lot more fun, though.

#32423 - 04/13/04 01:16 PM Re: Teddy Ruxpin needs the Exorcist [Re: DCAdam22]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The only problem is for some reason he plays the tapes backwards!

You should make a recording of the Lord's Prayer and bring Teddy along the next time we get together for a ritual.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements