Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#324391 - 04/28/08 05:22 PM Magic.An Satanic Approach
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Not all the Satanists believe in the magic.
Those wich believe in it have an materialistic point of view about it.
Anton LaVey,like some others Satanist has been able to explain the magic in "scientific" way.
Now,someone in this list is able to suggest me some text which can tackle the argument "magic" in an rational way??
Books which can explain the magic from an Satanic Perspective??
Sinister Regards

#324398 - 04/28/08 05:44 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Well which books have you read thus far, apart from the Satanic Bible?

#324399 - 04/28/08 06:06 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
shadowraven213 Offline

There are books about magic written from the Satanic perspective.

You must have at the very least read one, you have the Internet so surely you can find the rest on your own.

Your real question seems to be "can I resolve my feelings or belief in a metaphysical pseudo-reality with the real world application of Satanic magic" please feel free to clarify if I have misunderstood.

The answer is that Satanic magic is only about real world applications otherwise there would be little point in using it.

Satanic magic is scientific psychological definite and mysteriously unexplainable at the same time just the way I like it! Therein lies the answer once you are ready to realize it.

Thats when the fun really begins, let me tell you!

Although the priesthood and moderators might not like too much in depth discussion as I believe this sort of thing is reserved for downstairs so I will leave it at that.

#324401 - 04/28/08 06:24 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: shadowraven213]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
When I was a kid, I used to propel my own desires through immagery. i.e. daddy will arrive as soon as that boat crosses the sun. Thing is I knew daddy was on his way down.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#324402 - 04/28/08 06:27 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Satan Speaks! & The Devil's Notebook by Dr. LaVey.

Don't be so sure about all your assumptions, though.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#324404 - 04/28/08 06:41 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Mr Avarice]
Lord Xolothi Offline

Books which can give you an Satanic Perspective can be at my advice the good works of Carl Gustav Jung,i believe which the key of all the magic theory is inside of our unconscious.
Another author can be Wilhelm Reich,every book relating the studies of Nikola Tesla too.
Blanche Barton in "The Church of Satan" suggested the book "The Body Electric" of Seldner and Becker with some interesting point of view for the application of the High Magic
At my advice one book which better explain the magic is "The Quantum Self" of Danah Zohar and the italian author Armando Pavese in especially way.

#324481 - 04/29/08 05:28 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: lordxolothi
Not all the Satanists believe in the magic.

I think people who reject half of The Satanic Bible along with The Satanic Rituals should reconsider their own adoption of the term "Satanist".

Quote:
Those wich believe in it have an materialistic point of view about it.
Anton LaVey,like some others Satanist has been able to explain the magic in "scientific" way.

That's a bit of a gross over-simplification of it. You might want to re-read "The Book of Belial" from The Satanic Bible.

Quote:
Now,someone in this list is able to suggest me some text which can tackle the argument "magic" in an rational way??
Books which can explain the magic from an Satanic Perspective??

Besides The Satanic Bible? Well The Satanic Rituals and The Satanic Witch elaborate on the concepts of greater magic and lesser magic, repectively. I would also highly recommend the essays "The Combination Lock Principle" and "Ravings from Tartarus" from The Devil's Notebook.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#324499 - 04/29/08 08:17 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Bill_M]
Lord Xolothi Offline

The belief in the magic is not an requisite for become an Satanist,and sure not for become an CoS member.
You can share the satanic philosophy without believe necessarily in the magic.Or i am in wrong?

The Magic Theory like exposed by LaVey can be considerated at my advice like materialistic.
Lavey speak about bio-adrenal forces or other forms of Physical force,ipso facto materialist.

Yes,i am agreed with you when you say:
"I think people who reject half of The Satanic Bible along with The Satanic Rituals should reconsider their own adoption of the term "Satanist".
From my personal point of view those which don't believe in magic are Satanists only for an Half.
Best Wishes

"In The World exist two kind of stupids,those which believe in everything and those which don't believe in nothing"

Carl Gustav Jung

#324504 - 04/29/08 09:05 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Beyond the books others have already suggested in this thread (ANY of Dr. LaVey's writings) try:
Searching "magic" here
Reading the works of other prominent members such as Magister Nemo and Magister James D. Sass.
In fact, a recent blog posted (public) by Magister Sass on MySpace touches on your question. Read it here:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...6EA640223087347

Further, if we do Not acknowledge the supernatural as Satanists, then it stands to reason that that which we Do acknowledge, can certainly be explained through rational and scientific terms.

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#324528 - 04/29/08 11:31 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
You are confusing not practicing Greater Magic, with outright denying magic.

Undercroft

#324530 - 04/29/08 11:44 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Darkahn]
Lord Xolothi Offline

You can be right,but you can also be in wrong;)
Quien Sabe....

#324534 - 04/29/08 12:02 PM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I think belief is the wrong word here.

I didn't read the Satanic Bible and then instantly believe in magic. If that was the case, I would have been better off picking up the Holy Bible.

The Satanist PRACTICES magic. If his magic yields results, there is no NEED to believe it. (after careful examination, of course.) That would be like believing in your television set; it is there whether you agree it might be or not.

The Satanist becomes aware of the results of his magic, and does not deny, or forget such results. If he does, "he will lose all he has obtained."

So really, the Satanist proves the existence to himself. Therefore it does not require any blind faith or belief. It just is.

I agree with the Reverend that a Satanist without magic could be better off finding a new label for himself. In the most simplistic, brainless terms, half the Satanic Bible is about those concepts. If one is willing to discard half the Satanic Bible, he is ignoring half of what it teaches. He is only 0.5 Satanist, and is just following the basic philosophy, which any atheist could do, and simply call himself an atheist instead.

#324751 - 04/30/08 02:48 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: lordxolothi
You can be right,but you can also be in wrong;)
Quien Sabe....

No, he seems to be right in his guess about your confusion. And you seem to be wrong.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#324786 - 04/30/08 08:11 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Bill_M]
Lord Xolothi Offline

What are exactly the wrong?You are able to be more specifically about it?

#324792 - 04/30/08 09:51 AM Re: Magic.An Satanic Approach [Re: Lord Xolothi]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Reverend Bill M & Phosis hit the nail on the head with their responses.

Satanism & Belief is an Oxymoron.

There is no belief in magic, there is knowledge obtained through results.

You either know it works or you don't.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements