Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#324952 - 05/01/08 12:23 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Two hours and twenty-two minutes of brilliance. This film far, far exceeded my expectations. I was surprised at some of the uncommon questions poised, and even more surprised at the excellent answers given by every Church of Satan member -- including some I had not known of previously.

Magister Lang and the others performed perhaps the best ritual I've ever seen recorded, and from what I have seen, his abode is rivalled only by the infamous Black House itself.

There was also plenty of off-the-cuff humor that was refreshing in segments. Especially the scenes with the altar of flesh.

This was well worth the money spent, and I will certainly be ordering the DVD.I had no trouble viewing it; I simply had to buy the subscription first, and log in with Windows Media Player to the link.

And, may I say, Colonel Akula seemed to enjoy the snow quite a bit. coopdevil

Undercroft

#324956 - 05/01/08 12:31 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Originally Posted By: Darkahn
I simply had to buy the subscription first, and log in with Windows Media Player to the link.

How were you able to get it to let you log in? Mine just tells me it can't play the file and refuses to try, despite my purchase of a subscription. I am offered no login prompt.

#324958 - 05/01/08 12:44 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Darkahn Offline

I will send you a private message with the direct link. You will still, of course, have to log in -- if it allows such. I can only recommend you update your Media Player to the latest possible version, and you allow media usage rights in your WMP's "Privacy" settings.

It should start downloading the usage rights, and a prompt should come up. There, you'll need to type in your username/password (I had to twice) and it will start to play.

Undercroft

#324959 - 05/01/08 12:50 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

I got the PM. That's the link I already have, and I've already checked my Privacy settings to ensure it allows for usage rights acquisition.

I'm getting the message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." The specific error I'm receiving is C00D11B1, and under the technical description for this error code, it says "The requested action cannot be performed because a problem occurred with the Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) components on your computer.."

Problem is, all of the settings for DRM acquisition and usage are set properly, so I don't see why it's having trouble with it.

#324964 - 05/01/08 01:04 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Darkahn Offline

I've read about Samsung PC Studio 3 causing this error. As ridiculous as it sounds, Microsoft Intellipoint also causes Adobe Photoshop to crash, so unrelated programs can often conflict with each other.

There is also the potential for the non-default device being selected in Windows Media Player.

Lastly, perhaps http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp will fix your problems, as this site upgrades the DRM components directly.

Are you using Windows Vista?

Undercroft

#324968 - 05/01/08 01:10 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Using Windows XP, and that site doesn't work for me. For some reason, despite my copy of XP being 100% legal, Microsoft's websites refuse to recognize it as such. I suspect that's why the site won't work for me.

I'll try reinstalling Windows Media Player, and seeing if that might resolve the issue.

#324971 - 05/01/08 01:29 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Valek
Using Windows XP, and that site doesn't work for me. For some reason, despite my copy of XP being 100% legal, Microsoft's websites refuse to recognize it as such. I suspect that's why the site won't work for me.

I'll try reinstalling Windows Media Player, and seeing if that might resolve the issue.

Sometimes when 'Activating' XP, Microsoft may have an issue if there has been substantial hardware changes at some point. I have previously had this issue, but resolved this by calling Microsoft Support.

It would be wise to do this anyway to ensure you have access to all of the updates made available.

#324972 - 05/01/08 01:29 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

I uninstalled WMP11, and actually found a fix for my problem with update installation. Apparently some registry values were shot, so a forced reinstall of the Update Agent resolved it. I'm doing a full update of my machine, including a return to WMP11. I'll try it again after that and post the results here.

Regardless, this has been important because that installation problem has been cause for reformatting several times over for me in the past. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore smile

If anyone else feels they can benefit from such a fix (error messages when trying to install updates via the Windows Update site. Instant rejection of the file without an attempt to install it), let me know. It's really simple smile

#324973 - 05/01/08 01:31 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Ah excellent! smile

#324988 - 05/01/08 02:06 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Although I finally got my computer upgraded properly (without a reformat for once! Yes!), that site still does not allow me to click the button (Internet Explorer is citing page errors, as usual), and the file still doesn't request login information to acquire the license.

Damn.

#325017 - 05/01/08 08:11 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: illcree]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I just watched Inside The Church of Satan, by Joshua P Warren. I purchased the stream, then purchased the DVD. I have IE, and I had no problems with viewing it.

It is well worth the purchase price and more. The movie is almost 2 1/2 hours long. I sat here, glued to my computer screen. This movie will be added to my library of information on The Church of Satan. My library is growing.

I'm surprised that this DVD didn't cost more. Like I said above, it's worth every penny.

I liked Joshua P Warren, I liked how he put everything together.

This documentary, in my opinion, was very well done.

#325019 - 05/01/08 08:27 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: MissMina1556]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I am also having alot of trouble with the site.

It won't accept my payment and the service consultants adressing my email did not solve the problem.

Waiting on a response to my second email eek

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#325037 - 05/01/08 11:15 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: illcree]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Antarctica
I have tried accessing the page via my Mac, but the site does not appear. Used a PC, then the site appeared, and I purchased the movie (Streaming). The link provided in the mail does not work, and I cannot get it to work on my Mac or on the PC. Great!

E.

#325065 - 05/01/08 02:21 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: SHIGALYOV]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Antarctica
I found a solution to watching it on a PC. Here is what I did:

1. Uninstall Windows Media Player
2. enter documents and settings - all users
3. enter the folder called DRM and delete its contents
4. reinstall Windows Media Player

Eihwaz

#325068 - 05/01/08 02:59 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: SHIGALYOV]
Darkahn Offline

Excellent; glad you got it working.

Undercroft

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43972 Topics
405992 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements