Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#326349 - 05/07/08 10:45 AM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: Magister_Lang]
Memento Offline

CoS Member

Loc: United Kingdom
This streaming system did not work on my mac either, but I contacted ECSuite and they have issued me a complete refund.

#326576 - 05/08/08 01:35 PM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: Memento]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Reads the plethora of technical issues watching video online listed in this thread and decides to order the DVD instead

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#328112 - 05/15/08 03:46 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Atlast, I received my copy of the DVD version of Inside the Church of Satan, today. It comes in a diskette-sized envelope, which opens into a small bag once the tape is removed. There is no revealing 'Satanic' apparency, merely the address of Shadowbox Enterprises.

Once it is opened, it reveals two DVDs in black, paper-cases, and a letter by the film-maker Joshua P. Warren describing his intentions, and a request not to pirate the copy of the DVD, so that more footage can be produced.

The DVDs themselves are white, with a slightly carnival font saying "Inside the Church of Satan". One disc is the movie, along with three minutes of out-takes from the parody of the sacrifical scene, and the other is bonus footage which apparently contains a 13 minute interview with Joshua P Warren, and another interview with the 'altar of flesh'.

For some reason, the bonus footage disc seems to have extreme skipping issues with my DVD player (however, some commercial DVDs skip in it too). There is no obvious physical damage on the DVD. The skipping isn't that bad, pausing maybe once every eight seconds. The contents of the interviews make up for this technical oversight.

EDIT: The skipping issue appears to have been due to an older, low-speed DVD player. After playing this in my computer's DVD player, it is resolved.

I haven't had the chance to view the DVD-cut of the movie in its entirety, but it does not skip.

The film quality of everything is superb.

Undercroft

#328116 - 05/15/08 03:58 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks for the info. coopdevil

#328383 - 05/17/08 12:48 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: HellofallHells]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
I'm kind of disappointed. I think I paid $20 for the DVD and it did not even come in a plastic case. I will give Mr. Warren credit because he did an excellent job otherwise, but to buy a DVD for $20 and it not even come in a plastic case which costs less than $0.25 when purchased in bulk is a little janky to me. Oh well, kudos on a great film none-the-less!

HS!

D.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#328386 - 05/17/08 01:09 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
This documentary is excellent! The Church members featured are well spoken, concise and very pleasant. The ritual scene is enthralling and Magister Lang's home and ritual chamber are immaculate. I'm very impressed with this documentary, Mr. Warren put something very special together.

A++

As a side note, I was at that very Unknown Hinson show that was filmed at the beginning, funny how things like that turn out! coopdevil

#328409 - 05/17/08 07:12 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

When did you order?

According to my e-mail receipt:

Trans Date: Fri 2008-May-02 21:17:06 GMT
Trans Code: APPROVAL

It's the 17th and still no DVDs. :S How long does it take to ship out? Is there a way I can track my order?

#328411 - 05/17/08 07:45 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
I received my copy in the post yesterday, and immediately dropped what I was doing to watch it.

It was well made, and Mr. Warren gave a fair perspective and well produced account of his experience. Really, I just sort of sat there with a grin on my face when watching the interviews. I'm really proud to be part of an organization that has such enigmatic personalities and can deliver the goods, each with their own personal flair. The footage and interviews at the Black House North were delightful for me to watch, and observing the ritual was truly moving.

Again, Magus Gilmore displays his unique wit, charisma and sheer intelligence while being interviewed. This is a truly outstanding individual!

Kudos (and tikis) to all that participated!

tiki tiki tiki tiki

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#328412 - 05/17/08 07:47 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: FalloutGod]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I received my DVD's two days ago. I agree with D. Macabre, they were not even in a plastic case. I have not watched them yet, that is something I will do today.

The outer packaging was fair at best.

But, if my DVD plays well, then it will be OK. I do have plastic cases here, and I can make my own cover.

I am grateful that Magus Gilmore allowed this to take place. This DVD is another important piece of the CoS history.

#328465 - 05/17/08 01:47 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: MissMina1556]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

My mailman has been M.I.A. for a couple of days in a row.

When I see his ass, he better have my mail and my DVD! mad

#328466 - 05/17/08 01:53 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Callier]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Callier
My mailman has been M.I.A. for a couple of days in a row.

When I see his ass, he better have my mail and my DVD! mad

Do we have the same mail man?

Mine doesn't show up for days and on occasion he delivers my elderly neighbors social security checks to me. Doesn't he know that I prefer cash? laugh
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#328467 - 05/17/08 02:01 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: D. Macabre

Do we have the same mail man?

I swear the Post Office that's in my area has a huge logo placed on the front of the building that says:

We Deliver When We Fucking Feel Like It

#328474 - 05/17/08 02:15 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
They are a finicky bunch.

One week they just stopped picking up our outbound mail. When I called to find out why I was told that postal couriers "weren't required to pick up mail, only deliver it."

What?!

#328476 - 05/17/08 02:16 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: RaSc]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: RaSc
They are a finicky bunch.

One week they just stopped picking up our outbound mail. When I called to find out why I was told that postal couriers "weren't required to pick up mail, only deliver it."

What?!

What the hell?

Since when? eek
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#328481 - 05/17/08 02:24 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: D. Macabre

What the hell?

Since when? eek

Our local postmaster said that it was never a requirement, but a courtesy. Strangely enough, pick-up continued the next week. Maybe someone reading this post (and works for the USPS) could elaborate on the finer points of USPS dogma.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements