Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#324899 - 04/30/08 08:54 PM Inside the Church of Satan now Available
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
I cannot think of a more perfect night for this film to be released.

In the spirit of this evening, Joshua P. Warren's film Inside the Church of Satan is now available for on-line purchase.

Enjoy!

HS!!!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#324910 - 04/30/08 09:34 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
I bought my subscription, but cannot seem to view it. The link included in the e-mail brings me to the infamous "page cannot be displayed". Any help is greatly appreciated!
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#324913 - 04/30/08 09:53 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Fishers,IN
And it is G-R-E-A-T!

#324915 - 04/30/08 10:23 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
I'm also having trouble viewing the movie after purchasing it online.

#324917 - 04/30/08 10:28 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Completely stoked to see this! Awesome!

#324919 - 04/30/08 10:32 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
IMPORTANT NOTE:

I just contact the providers of this video about the video problem. If you are trying to view through firefox, or otherwise through the Linux operating system, unless there is a foreseeable workaround, this video cannot be viewed. The customer service rep I spoke to informed me that Internet Explorer may be required to view the video.

#324921 - 04/30/08 10:36 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: TheDegenerate]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

I am using Firefox at the moment watching it.

If you HAVE bought the stream version and want to watch it, go to link removed and that should fix your problem.

Edited by LKRice (09/26/08 06:24 PM)
Edit Reason: Copyright infringement.

#324923 - 04/30/08 10:37 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Giovanni]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Hmm. She must have been wrong. It must be a Linux specific thing.

Thanks for the correction

#324924 - 04/30/08 10:40 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: TheDegenerate]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Nope, the error I'm dealing with isn't browser-related. It's an ASX file that's calling a faulty video file. It tries to connect to the media, and refuses to load it.

I also found it strange that it requested you to set up a username and password, but there's nowhere to enter it.

#324926 - 04/30/08 10:47 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Well, this thing is NOT Mac friendly. I've tried everything. I suppose it's a good thing I ordered the DVD.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#324927 - 04/30/08 10:47 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Ahhhhh, when you buy the DVD you do not get a username, you will need to wait for it in the mail.

If you buy the stream, then you setup a 6-8 character username and password.

That is what you need to enter to have your license dealt out to you.

Here is what to do:

1: click on Enter the Church of Satan at the bottom of the main page

2: Next page click on go to movie order page

3: Click 1, 2, or 3.

4: The rest is up to you smile

#324929 - 04/30/08 10:50 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Giovanni]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

I did all of that. The movie does not load properly. I guess getting the DVD is the only thing you can do to be assured you'll actually get the video.

#324930 - 04/30/08 10:51 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Fudge it, I'm getting the DVD...wanted it anyways.

#324931 - 04/30/08 10:55 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: TheDegenerate]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

My thoughts exactly smile

#324943 - 04/30/08 11:46 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
illcree Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I can not wait to see it, I was thought it was going to be free to the newsletter members. But I was wrong, So i will order the dvd.

#324952 - 05/01/08 12:23 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Two hours and twenty-two minutes of brilliance. This film far, far exceeded my expectations. I was surprised at some of the uncommon questions poised, and even more surprised at the excellent answers given by every Church of Satan member -- including some I had not known of previously.

Magister Lang and the others performed perhaps the best ritual I've ever seen recorded, and from what I have seen, his abode is rivalled only by the infamous Black House itself.

There was also plenty of off-the-cuff humor that was refreshing in segments. Especially the scenes with the altar of flesh.

This was well worth the money spent, and I will certainly be ordering the DVD.I had no trouble viewing it; I simply had to buy the subscription first, and log in with Windows Media Player to the link.

And, may I say, Colonel Akula seemed to enjoy the snow quite a bit. coopdevil

Undercroft

#324956 - 05/01/08 12:31 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Darkahn
I simply had to buy the subscription first, and log in with Windows Media Player to the link.

How were you able to get it to let you log in? Mine just tells me it can't play the file and refuses to try, despite my purchase of a subscription. I am offered no login prompt.

#324958 - 05/01/08 12:44 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Darkahn Offline

I will send you a private message with the direct link. You will still, of course, have to log in -- if it allows such. I can only recommend you update your Media Player to the latest possible version, and you allow media usage rights in your WMP's "Privacy" settings.

It should start downloading the usage rights, and a prompt should come up. There, you'll need to type in your username/password (I had to twice) and it will start to play.

Undercroft

#324959 - 05/01/08 12:50 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

I got the PM. That's the link I already have, and I've already checked my Privacy settings to ensure it allows for usage rights acquisition.

I'm getting the message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." The specific error I'm receiving is C00D11B1, and under the technical description for this error code, it says "The requested action cannot be performed because a problem occurred with the Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) components on your computer.."

Problem is, all of the settings for DRM acquisition and usage are set properly, so I don't see why it's having trouble with it.

#324964 - 05/01/08 01:04 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Darkahn Offline

I've read about Samsung PC Studio 3 causing this error. As ridiculous as it sounds, Microsoft Intellipoint also causes Adobe Photoshop to crash, so unrelated programs can often conflict with each other.

There is also the potential for the non-default device being selected in Windows Media Player.

Lastly, perhaps http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp will fix your problems, as this site upgrades the DRM components directly.

Are you using Windows Vista?

Undercroft

#324968 - 05/01/08 01:10 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Using Windows XP, and that site doesn't work for me. For some reason, despite my copy of XP being 100% legal, Microsoft's websites refuse to recognize it as such. I suspect that's why the site won't work for me.

I'll try reinstalling Windows Media Player, and seeing if that might resolve the issue.

#324971 - 05/01/08 01:29 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Valek
Using Windows XP, and that site doesn't work for me. For some reason, despite my copy of XP being 100% legal, Microsoft's websites refuse to recognize it as such. I suspect that's why the site won't work for me.

I'll try reinstalling Windows Media Player, and seeing if that might resolve the issue.

Sometimes when 'Activating' XP, Microsoft may have an issue if there has been substantial hardware changes at some point. I have previously had this issue, but resolved this by calling Microsoft Support.

It would be wise to do this anyway to ensure you have access to all of the updates made available.

#324972 - 05/01/08 01:29 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

I uninstalled WMP11, and actually found a fix for my problem with update installation. Apparently some registry values were shot, so a forced reinstall of the Update Agent resolved it. I'm doing a full update of my machine, including a return to WMP11. I'll try it again after that and post the results here.

Regardless, this has been important because that installation problem has been cause for reformatting several times over for me in the past. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore smile

If anyone else feels they can benefit from such a fix (error messages when trying to install updates via the Windows Update site. Instant rejection of the file without an attempt to install it), let me know. It's really simple smile

#324973 - 05/01/08 01:31 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Ah excellent! smile

#324988 - 05/01/08 02:06 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Although I finally got my computer upgraded properly (without a reformat for once! Yes!), that site still does not allow me to click the button (Internet Explorer is citing page errors, as usual), and the file still doesn't request login information to acquire the license.

Damn.

#325017 - 05/01/08 08:11 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: illcree]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I just watched Inside The Church of Satan, by Joshua P Warren. I purchased the stream, then purchased the DVD. I have IE, and I had no problems with viewing it.

It is well worth the purchase price and more. The movie is almost 2 1/2 hours long. I sat here, glued to my computer screen. This movie will be added to my library of information on The Church of Satan. My library is growing.

I'm surprised that this DVD didn't cost more. Like I said above, it's worth every penny.

I liked Joshua P Warren, I liked how he put everything together.

This documentary, in my opinion, was very well done.

#325019 - 05/01/08 08:27 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: MissMina1556]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I am also having alot of trouble with the site.

It won't accept my payment and the service consultants adressing my email did not solve the problem.

Waiting on a response to my second email eek

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#325037 - 05/01/08 11:15 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: illcree]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Antarctica
I have tried accessing the page via my Mac, but the site does not appear. Used a PC, then the site appeared, and I purchased the movie (Streaming). The link provided in the mail does not work, and I cannot get it to work on my Mac or on the PC. Great!

E.

#325065 - 05/01/08 02:21 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: SHIGALYOV]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

I found a solution to watching it on a PC. Here is what I did:

1. Uninstall Windows Media Player
2. enter documents and settings - all users
3. enter the folder called DRM and delete its contents
4. reinstall Windows Media Player

Eihwaz

#325068 - 05/01/08 02:59 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: SHIGALYOV]
Darkahn Offline

Excellent; glad you got it working.

Undercroft

#325078 - 05/01/08 03:40 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

The site hates Mac which is a shame as I'd be willing to bet the film was edited on a Mac. coopdevil
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#325082 - 05/01/08 04:05 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
Darkahn Offline

Most likely.

It's really too bad Digital Rights Management is such a pain in the ass.

The only thing I can recommend to those who still can't get it to work is to buy the DVD.

Also, as a side note, does anyone have the video of the news report involving Andrew Culver, whom was reported by the Church of Satan for his death-threat?

I'm interested in seeing how it was portrayed in televised media, rather than just online. A clip of the broadcast was featured later on in the film, but I can't find it myself.

Undercroft

#325088 - 05/01/08 04:52 PM Re: Darkahn: Andrew Culver [Re: Darkahn]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

#325092 - 05/01/08 05:20 PM Re: Darkahn: Andrew Culver [Re: DickSteele]
Darkahn Offline

Thank you very much, Warlock!

Undercroft

#325115 - 05/01/08 06:51 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
For anyone interested Joshua P. Warren will be discussing his research on the Church of Satan tonight on Coast to Coast.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#325176 - 05/01/08 10:47 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Valek]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Do you have a pop up blocker? I had to shut mine off temporarily to see this and had problems until I did

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#325178 - 05/01/08 10:59 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: SueW]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

It's a problem with media player. Pop up blocker wouldn't affect DRM management.

I tried it on another PC and it worked, but it said my daily license limit had expired. I'll try it again now and see if I can get lucky and make it work.

#325430 - 05/03/08 01:19 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
MementoMori Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
That was truly extraordinary! I can't wait for the DVD to arrive. Thank you for the announcement.

#325826 - 05/04/08 05:39 PM Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: Darkahn]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
Received this message today, dunno if it will help though. It sure didn't for me since I use Mac.

From the link given after purchase,
You should then be prompted for the username and password
info you entered to finalize the session and the movie will
then play.

If you still have problems make sure you upgraded and are using
the newest version of windows media player.

If Windows Media Player is current the most likely bug was an
installation error and the following tech fix will cure the
error:

1. Uninstall Windows Media Player
2. enter documents and settings - all users
3. enter the folder called DRM and delete its contents
4. reinstall Windows Media Player

If you are using Mac or Unix OS here are some viewing
solutions:

Mac OS Solutions
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=227873

Help For Unix and Mac OS Solutions
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/watch-d...22f9058b69&

#325840 - 05/04/08 06:52 PM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: ror]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Yeah, it seems there is no way for Mac users to view it except for ordering the dvd. I wish they informed people of that fact BEFORE people made their purchase.

HS!

E.

#325915 - 05/05/08 06:58 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. What a great insight indeed.

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#326203 - 05/06/08 05:19 PM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: SHIGALYOV]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Originally Posted By: Eihwaz Talionis
Yeah, it seems there is no way for Mac users to view it except for ordering the dvd. I wish they informed people of that fact BEFORE people made their purchase.

HS!

E.

Indeed!
HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#326264 - 05/06/08 11:35 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

I really enjoyed this film. It certainly had a lot of detail and insight about the Church of Satan. I can't say I was surprised by any aspect of the film though. For Satanists, I think this film will be a treat, much like eating a favorite dish. For non Satanists, it will pull the rug out from under them and give them something to ponder. It will move the audience regardless of their opinion.

Magister Lang, you have a truly beautiful home!

To everyone else involved, thank you for continuing representing Satanism so well.

Hail Satan!!

#326285 - 05/07/08 03:57 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: MissMina1556]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Janet Marie
I just watched Inside The Church of Satan, by Joshua P Warren. I purchased the stream, then purchased the DVD. I have IE, and I had no problems with viewing it.

Hmm, I'm having trouble when trying to order the DVD. Anybody else get through?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#326311 - 05/07/08 08:15 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Bill_M]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Reverend Bill,

I found Mr. Warrens website a little confusing as far as ordering goes, but, you are given 3 options. Were you able to get that far? I opted for option 1, which is just the DVD. I paid $13.95 for the DVD, and the $7.95, to watch the 2 hour stream video.

I have a name and number for you this is what is showing on my credit card.

Classie Moon 1-828-252-3492

Hope that helps.

#326349 - 05/07/08 10:45 AM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: Magister_Lang]
Memento Offline

CoS Member

Loc: United Kingdom
This streaming system did not work on my mac either, but I contacted ECSuite and they have issued me a complete refund.

#326576 - 05/08/08 01:35 PM Re: Trouble shooting in playing stream [Re: Memento]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Reads the plethora of technical issues watching video online listed in this thread and decides to order the DVD instead

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#328112 - 05/15/08 03:46 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Darkahn Offline

Atlast, I received my copy of the DVD version of Inside the Church of Satan, today. It comes in a diskette-sized envelope, which opens into a small bag once the tape is removed. There is no revealing 'Satanic' apparency, merely the address of Shadowbox Enterprises.

Once it is opened, it reveals two DVDs in black, paper-cases, and a letter by the film-maker Joshua P. Warren describing his intentions, and a request not to pirate the copy of the DVD, so that more footage can be produced.

The DVDs themselves are white, with a slightly carnival font saying "Inside the Church of Satan". One disc is the movie, along with three minutes of out-takes from the parody of the sacrifical scene, and the other is bonus footage which apparently contains a 13 minute interview with Joshua P Warren, and another interview with the 'altar of flesh'.

For some reason, the bonus footage disc seems to have extreme skipping issues with my DVD player (however, some commercial DVDs skip in it too). There is no obvious physical damage on the DVD. The skipping isn't that bad, pausing maybe once every eight seconds. The contents of the interviews make up for this technical oversight.

EDIT: The skipping issue appears to have been due to an older, low-speed DVD player. After playing this in my computer's DVD player, it is resolved.

I haven't had the chance to view the DVD-cut of the movie in its entirety, but it does not skip.

The film quality of everything is superb.

Undercroft

#328116 - 05/15/08 03:58 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks for the info. coopdevil

#328383 - 05/17/08 12:48 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: HellofallHells]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

I'm kind of disappointed. I think I paid $20 for the DVD and it did not even come in a plastic case. I will give Mr. Warren credit because he did an excellent job otherwise, but to buy a DVD for $20 and it not even come in a plastic case which costs less than $0.25 when purchased in bulk is a little janky to me. Oh well, kudos on a great film none-the-less!

HS!

D.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#328386 - 05/17/08 01:09 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
This documentary is excellent! The Church members featured are well spoken, concise and very pleasant. The ritual scene is enthralling and Magister Lang's home and ritual chamber are immaculate. I'm very impressed with this documentary, Mr. Warren put something very special together.

A++

As a side note, I was at that very Unknown Hinson show that was filmed at the beginning, funny how things like that turn out! coopdevil

#328409 - 05/17/08 07:12 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Darkahn]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

When did you order?

According to my e-mail receipt:

Trans Date: Fri 2008-May-02 21:17:06 GMT
Trans Code: APPROVAL

It's the 17th and still no DVDs. :S How long does it take to ship out? Is there a way I can track my order?

#328411 - 05/17/08 07:45 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
I received my copy in the post yesterday, and immediately dropped what I was doing to watch it.

It was well made, and Mr. Warren gave a fair perspective and well produced account of his experience. Really, I just sort of sat there with a grin on my face when watching the interviews. I'm really proud to be part of an organization that has such enigmatic personalities and can deliver the goods, each with their own personal flair. The footage and interviews at the Black House North were delightful for me to watch, and observing the ritual was truly moving.

Again, Magus Gilmore displays his unique wit, charisma and sheer intelligence while being interviewed. This is a truly outstanding individual!

Kudos (and tikis) to all that participated!

tiki tiki tiki tiki

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#328412 - 05/17/08 07:47 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: FalloutGod]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

I received my DVD's two days ago. I agree with D. Macabre, they were not even in a plastic case. I have not watched them yet, that is something I will do today.

The outer packaging was fair at best.

But, if my DVD plays well, then it will be OK. I do have plastic cases here, and I can make my own cover.

I am grateful that Magus Gilmore allowed this to take place. This DVD is another important piece of the CoS history.

#328465 - 05/17/08 01:47 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: MissMina1556]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

My mailman has been M.I.A. for a couple of days in a row.

When I see his ass, he better have my mail and my DVD! mad

#328466 - 05/17/08 01:53 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Callier]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Callier
My mailman has been M.I.A. for a couple of days in a row.

When I see his ass, he better have my mail and my DVD! mad

Do we have the same mail man?

Mine doesn't show up for days and on occasion he delivers my elderly neighbors social security checks to me. Doesn't he know that I prefer cash? laugh
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#328467 - 05/17/08 02:01 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: D. Macabre

Do we have the same mail man?

I swear the Post Office that's in my area has a huge logo placed on the front of the building that says:

We Deliver When We Fucking Feel Like It

#328474 - 05/17/08 02:15 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
They are a finicky bunch.

One week they just stopped picking up our outbound mail. When I called to find out why I was told that postal couriers "weren't required to pick up mail, only deliver it."

What?!

#328476 - 05/17/08 02:16 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: RaSc]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: RaSc
They are a finicky bunch.

One week they just stopped picking up our outbound mail. When I called to find out why I was told that postal couriers "weren't required to pick up mail, only deliver it."

What?!

What the hell?

Since when? eek
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#328481 - 05/17/08 02:24 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: D. Macabre

What the hell?

Since when? eek

Our local postmaster said that it was never a requirement, but a courtesy. Strangely enough, pick-up continued the next week. Maybe someone reading this post (and works for the USPS) could elaborate on the finer points of USPS dogma.

#328489 - 05/17/08 02:51 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: FalloutGod]
Darkahn Offline

I ordered the same day.

Undercroft

#328490 - 05/17/08 02:51 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: HellofallHells]
Darkahn Offline

Not a problem.

Undercroft

#329541 - 05/22/08 05:20 PM Collector's Edition [Re: Darkahn]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area

#329578 - 05/22/08 09:49 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I was rather impressed by this film. It is very well done and gives The Church of Satan proper coverage and attention.

Hail Satan!

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#329582 - 05/22/08 10:11 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Discipline]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

I ordered it right after i watch it and still have not gotten it, this was April 30th.

Not a happy camper here.

#329586 - 05/22/08 10:23 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Giovanni]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Steven Smith
I ordered it right after i watch it and still have not gotten it, this was April 30th.

Not a happy camper here.

The obvious suggestion is to contact Mr. Warren via the website if you have not already done so.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#329588 - 05/22/08 10:37 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: D. Macabre]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Already have, and was assured it would be here soon.

Still nothing.

#329591 - 05/22/08 11:00 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Giovanni]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Reply to the email address that confirmed your order and tell them you have yet recieved your DVD.

You'll soon get a tracking receipt number and see if it's been already delivered.

#329733 - 05/23/08 02:58 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Callier]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Callier
Reply to the email address that confirmed your order and tell them you have yet recieved your DVD.

You'll soon get a tracking receipt number and see if it's been already delivered.

Exactly.

It is not impossible that packages can be delivered to the wrong address. Never assume that someone will contact you about the mistake. Some will see it as a freebie. It is always wise to get tracking numbers.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#329735 - 05/23/08 03:09 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
I am currently in the midst of moving. Once I get settled in my new locale I plan to buy both DVD's.

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#329755 - 05/23/08 05:27 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Exactly.

It is not impossible that packages can be delivered to the wrong address. Never assume that someone will contact you about the mistake. Some will see it as a freebie. It is always wise to get tracking numbers.

Can you picture the face of someone who received that by mistake?

shocked

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#352881 - 09/25/08 04:25 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

This documentary was good!

The interviews make the price MORE than worth ordering it alone.

Magus Gilmore as well as other members of the Priesthood share their genuine thoughts on Satanism, Anton LaVey, and more.

Magister Lang performs an unforgettable Satanic Ritual and you will be as up close as you can get. That's not all though. Magister Lang was also kind enough to give a tour of his home and you can see why it is known as The Black House of the North. It truly is a remarkable place with much meaning.

I would like to thank Magister Lang for allowing this documentary to film in his home and the Church of Satan for putting this great piece together.

Edit- I do note that the documentary team were not members of the CoS but they did an outstanding job filming and interviewing as well.

HS!

Edited by Unknown (09/25/08 04:53 PM)

#352887 - 09/25/08 05:22 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Unknown]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
"I would like to thank Magister Lang for allowing this documentary to film in his home."

Thank-you so much!
HS! coopdevil
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#352888 - 09/25/08 05:40 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Magister_Lang]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

You are so welcome sir!

I would also like to add that this is an EXTREMELY rare opportunity to see a Master Magician performing a ritual. I learned a lot in that portion alone. The interviews were very insightful and Magus Gilmore is brilliant as always.

I have never met Magister Lang but I raise my glass in honor of him as well as all those who were a part of this film.

Satanism is a philosophy of EXCELLENCE and here you can clearly see why.

This is not mere over exaggeration but this is how I feel and if anyone doesn't like the way I feel then fuck em!

HS!

#352904 - 09/25/08 07:44 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Perseus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I think the DVD is indeed a great insight into the workings of the organisation and no matter how many times I watch the film it never gets old and the commentary never gets any more serious. My one DVD came in just a folded envelope and it did take several months for the DVD to come to me in Australia.

There is a review of this film on my satannet account, but I once again must solute all of the very intellectual and amazing people who dedicated both their times and themselves for this film.

#352941 - 09/26/08 12:23 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Perseus]
Butterball Offline

What about outside the Church of Satan? Doesn't that matter too? Anyways, I'm going to order a copy so that I can see Magus Gilmore on film, I really enjoy his speeches and writings. It will also be interesting to see the inside of Magister Lang's home and his ritual chamber.

#353054 - 09/26/08 06:26 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Giovanni]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please don't post links to the online version.
Prevention of Virtue

#354447 - 10/06/08 04:12 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
My copy arrived this evening in a very nice discrete packing that wouldn't make anybody make a guess as to the contents coopdevil

Now after watching it - I was going to wait until the weekend, but couldn't resist - I feel this this calm that you get after reading a really good book or listening to a favorite piece of music.

Truly inspiring.

#354546 - 10/07/08 12:59 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: verszou]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
I received my copy here in England in under a week. Everyone's right - it doesn't come with a fanfare, but the movie itself is a well balanced view of what a Satanist believes, and how he lives (if he could afford to that is, Magister Lang smile ).

I particularly liked Colonel Acula's Benny Hill moment grin grin grin.

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#354584 - 10/07/08 10:11 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: ruraldean]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: ruraldean
(if he could afford to that is, Magister Lang smile ).

Indeed, the Black House of the north is a thing to envy (and inspire).

Also - how does one meet women with larger Lovecraft collections than ones own? That sounds like quite an achievement in itself smile

#354709 - 10/07/08 11:11 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Having just viewed the DVD, I must say I am very impressed at how this was handled. For once Satanism is presented objectively.

I especially like how the people involved are presented as regular people, as opposed to the negative light documentary style films usually shed.

Kudos to everyone involved!
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#432631 - 09/21/10 05:27 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Igor616 Offline

Loc: Russia
Hell-o, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I'd like to buy the DVD, but my English is not so good. Are there any subtitles on the DVD? Let me know.
Thank you for your time.

#432643 - 09/21/10 05:53 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Igor616]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Tried replying in Russian, but the board doesn't seem to like it...

There are no Russian subtitles on the DVD. I don't think tere are any subtitles at all. The film was very low budget.

Edited by LKRice (09/21/10 05:55 PM)
Prevention of Virtue

#432647 - 09/21/10 06:00 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Igor616 Offline

Loc: Russia
There is no need to reply in Russian, but thank you anyway. There is no need for the russian subtitles, I'm able to read in English. Are there English subtitles on the DVD?
Thanks.

#432652 - 09/21/10 06:05 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Igor616]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I don't remember. I'm not sure where my copy is right now. Sounds like a good enough excuse to look for it. smile
Prevention of Virtue

#432681 - 09/21/10 11:22 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Igor616]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

No, I'm afraid there are no subtitles on this DVD.

#433658 - 09/30/10 06:33 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sorry for bringing up an old topic. I just ordered my copy and am ever anxious to watch it. I saw that someone in England had gotten there's in under a week, I ordered mine like 2 days ago so I am hopefull mine will be hear in under a week as well. If only time would speed up.

Shit Lamar Says

#434119 - 10/04/10 03:21 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Since this topic was brought up again, it made me re-watch the film and I thought I would share my impressions.

It's a beautiful work. I have enjoyed the humour occuring during whole piece, and also the charm of interviewed beings. It is beautiful not only from the religious point, but from an emotional point as well. Watching it brought to me a truly content and pleased smile, and that feeling is what I keep in myself as my perception of the Church of Satan.

Everyone who was involved did a wonderful job. Also, I praise the foreigner-friendly English articulation. wink

And... The sound of words 'He was a serious Satanist!' in present context is priceless. smile

#434147 - 10/04/10 02:14 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
I finally got to watch it. I loved the humor in it as well, namely when Magister Lang was talking about the preacher saying something about the key to heaven then looks to Magister Lang and says "Do you have the key?" priceless. Magister Langs house is amazing. I bet the worth of the house with all of his trappings comes close to a million U.S. dollars. I had no idea that Reverend David Harris was interviewed in this movie, which was a plus. I love listening to Satanism Today. Peter H. Gilmore gave a remarkable interview as always. It was a well made film and I will continue to watch it religiously.

Shit Lamar Says

#434430 - 10/07/10 09:45 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I enjoyed watching the film, but have a few criticisms.

In terms of being a strict documentary, I don't think this film hits the mark. It is not clear to the viewer who is and who is not a member of the Church of Satan. Warren interjects interviews with a few psychics and scenes of his nude girlfriend into the film. We, as Satanists, can distinguish between CoS and non-CoS, but I'm not certain the lay viewer would be able.

The interviews with the CoS are excellent. Although, it is clear that Warren does not "get" Satanism, as you find him pressing issues to some interviewees that are irrelevant to Satanists.

For example, Warren seemed incredulous that Magister Harris refused to consider a "Satanic" world, or mass conversion, or what a world would be like if only Satanists existed on the planet. Harris refuses the notion because it's completely counter to the Satanic worldview. Warren presses him because he doesn't understand why a religion does not have such an evangelical worldview; he assumes that we would naturally.

Another example is the interview with Christopher Mealie and Stephanie Crabe. Warren, again, seems unconvinced that Mealie and Crabe are monogamous, and you can hear the doubt in his voice. Mealie dealt with this in biting humour.

These are not huge problems, as the film provides some excellent insight into the Church of Satan. However, it's not great documentary making either, as he does not approach the content with a strictly objective stance. Apart from those small issues, Warren does not make fun of the CoS, and he seems genuinely interested on his topic, which works in his favour.

#434459 - 10/07/10 03:18 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Zaftig]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I really would like to see a documentary done by a member of the Church of Satan. I know we have The Devil's Mass and Speak of the Devil. It would be pretty neat to see someone walk through part of Magister Rex's ritual chamber or art gallery. Though I did hear rumors he's going to have his own documentary. I also think that it would take a Satanist to make a great documentary about Satanists. Just my opinion.

Edited by Unknown (10/07/10 03:20 PM)

#434517 - 10/08/10 03:18 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Zaftig]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:
For example, Warren seemed incredulous that Magister Harris refused to consider a "Satanic" world, or mass conversion, or what a world would be like if only Satanists existed on the planet. Harris refuses the notion because it's completely counter to the Satanic worldview. Warren presses him because he doesn't understand why a religion does not have such an evangelical worldview; he assumes that we would naturally.

Another example is the interview with Christopher Mealie and Stephanie Crabe. Warren, again, seems unconvinced that Mealie and Crabe are monogamous, and you can hear the doubt in his voice. Mealie dealt with this in biting humour.

I just thought that I'd offer how I have sensed those parts of interviews. smile I can not know how it was meant, but...

When Joshua Warren was showing his 'doubt' about certain responses, to me it appeared as having an intention between lines, meaning "Please, repeat it for a viewer once again, so he clearly understands what you are saying".

Because, when one knows how 'common men' cluelessly misinterpret Satanism, it seems that certain things (everything?) need to be emphasized...

#434546 - 10/08/10 09:30 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan now Available [Re: Spelled Moon]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

That is certainly a possibility. It's not how I understood it, but plausible nonetheless.

My criticism of the psychic and nude girlfriend still stands! wink

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements