D
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member
Danny Mc.  Offline
CoS Member
D

Taxationland
Quote:
This means that the off duty cop becomes judge jury and executioner? Vigilantism?

No, and no. The language I used didn't imply any such thing. With the technology we have today there's no reason that an officer could not do his/her duties at any time and of course with protocols.

What would you think of cameras mounted on their side arms? Too far fetched maybe? I'll cry Nemo's Law here. It baffles me to no end at times why technology isn't implemented to a more productive way! Ah... I've got it... Money! Of course. Silly me, never mind.

Quote:
We simply need a Satanic Police Force. SPD.

I couldn't agree more! coopdevil

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Danny Mc.] #326231
05/07/08 01:29 AM
05/07/08 01:29 AM
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member
Evil_Eve  Offline
CoS Member

1313 Mockingbird Lane
I want to let you know I didn't intend to say that your wish would be vigilantism.

What I was trying to convey is the fact that this is exactly what could happen if that door was opened. (I'm talking about crooked cops). I am all for giving the Police Force all the power it needs to subdue ones who willingly break the law, however, too much power in the hands of 'bad people' I feel could lead to further corruption/crime.

I also wanted to point out the fact that it could lead to a free for all. I did not mean to imply that this is what you would wish the outcome to be.

Quote:
What would you think of cameras mounted on their side arms? Too far fetched maybe?
Not at all.

Magus Gilmore mentioned "Satanic Police Force" in his book "The Satanic Scriptures". After having read that I have sat and pondered how wonderful that truly would be.

I feel certain that there would be some drastic changes that would make would be criminals stop and think before acting out a crime.

Let the punishment fit the crime is My motto and if that motto were followed by everyone I'd have more money in My pockets and so would you.

Well....maybe and maybe not. I'm sure the Government would find other wonderful uses for our tax dollars. :>

Oh, I nominate you as Police Chief for the SPD. coopdevil

Satan LIVES!
If you could....would YOU?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Danny Mc.] #326235
05/07/08 01:50 AM
05/07/08 01:50 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
>>I myself feel that police officers should have the full right to impose their policing duties on or off the clock when they witness a crime being committed.

The issue is the officer had a personal involvement with the suspect and went out of his way off duty to confront the individual. That is bad judgment on his part.

This is not a fairy tale world where cops wear white and always act with ration and caution. So, cops must have checks and balances just like any profession.

Opinion or not, this is reality.

"I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." ~Andy Rooney

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Queen Shiba] #326236
05/07/08 01:55 AM
05/07/08 01:55 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
>>Many of my friends are police officers. They all carry off duty. They are allowed to act if they see something wrong.

Taking action when an off duty officer sees a crime is part of the job of being a peace officer. But going out of your way while off duty to find someone who is suspected to be involved in a personal situation is bad judgment.

I have lots of friends who are officers and they follow the rules and don't push their authority beyond what is responsible.

There are people who say cops are just assholes then they are people who say cops should do as they wish. Life is neither black nor white and you can’t make assumptions on either end of the spectrum.

Life is not that simple.

"I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." ~Andy Rooney

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Danny Mc.] #326237
05/07/08 01:57 AM
05/07/08 01:57 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
>>No, and no. The language I used didn't imply any such thing. With the technology we have today there's no reason that an officer could not do his/her duties at any time and of course with protocols.

You just made my point. Protocol.

These officers did not follow protocol and should be punished for it.

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Discipline] #326373
05/07/08 06:34 PM
05/07/08 06:34 PM
North Carolina
Raine Offline

Raine  Offline

North Carolina
For those interested, the NYPD has been talking about adding cameras to guns, because of all the shooting incidents that they've had over the past several years [or rather, because of the media and communities reaction to those shootings].

Here's a link to the most recent story, with a video of the "pistol cam" included: http://www.nypost.com/seven/05052008/news/regionalnews/photo_shoot_109457.htm

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Raine] #326464
05/08/08 04:08 AM
05/08/08 04:08 AM
Miami, FL
HammerOfDoubt Offline
HammerOfDoubt  Offline

Miami, FL
Another detail that clarifies why both the gun and bike were found elsewhere:

"As an angry crowd gathered after the shooting, Haskel, the only officer to fire that night, ran to a nearby alley in fear of his life, and Clay drove the SUV to the other side of the block, prosecutors said."

This is from the second article linked.

Because they thought the gathering crowd was a danger to their lives, they fled. This unfortunately compromised the whole crime scene. Someone at the scene made the effort to make it look like the cops had shot an unarmed kid whop was just taking a stroll.

Mistaking insolence for freedom has always been the hallmark of the slave.
-Wilhelm Reich
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: HammerOfDoubt] #326501
05/08/08 11:59 AM
05/08/08 11:59 AM
North East England (UK)
AdventureCat Offline
AdventureCat  Offline

North East England (UK)
Originally Posted By: HammerOfDoubt

Someone at the scene made the effort to make it look like the cops had shot an unarmed kid who was just taking a stroll.

Either that, or somebody just stole the gun and the bike.

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: AurEum] #326506
05/08/08 12:52 PM
05/08/08 12:52 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
Roho_the_Rooster  Offline
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
I will be honest...I think that the term "teenager" is a bit artificial. One is either a child, who still needs to be protected by the parents; or, one is at various stages of adulthood. The term "teenager" seems, at least to me, to allow young adults to still be labeled as children, and allowed to use that as an excuse for criminal behavior.

I realize that young adults will make mistakes. However, pulling a gun and shooting at someone, and robbing people does not seem, to me, to be an actual mistake that will be outgrown with experience.

Of course the family is grieving. Of course they are angry. Those are understandable...but not rational...reactions.

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #326514
05/08/08 01:24 PM
05/08/08 01:24 PM
Australia
AurEum Offline OP
CoS Member
AurEum  Offline OP
CoS Member

Australia
I completely agree. Committing burglary, ridding around on a stolen vehicle, and shooting at people are not rights of passage activities in my book.

** former username Ealaiontor **

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: AurEum] #326626
05/09/08 12:38 AM
05/09/08 12:38 AM
Z
Zardex Offline
Zardex  Offline
Z

If being a police officer gets much worse then it is, what kind of police officers will they have to hire, and what kind of police officers will find another job?
I'm sure that the right people with influence know to make sure the law supports the job of the officers of the law enough to keep the whole thing functioning.

"Art is not merely an imitation of the reality of nature, but in truth a metaphysical supplement to the reality of nature, placed alongside thereof for its conquest."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Raine] #326675
05/09/08 06:27 AM
05/09/08 06:27 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
I don't think cameras on guns are the answer.

I think hiring and training responsible people is the answer. But sadly that is harder than coughing up all that money to install cameras on guns.

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: Risen08] #326719
05/09/08 01:01 PM
05/09/08 01:01 PM
U.S.A.
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member
DCLXVI  Offline

CoS Member

U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Risen08
I totally agree. Screw him.

It's a funny thing how everyone is a saint, a great student, had real hope for the future, when they get killed.

Everyone who is killed by a cop is usually portrayed this way.

The media loves the martyr.

I couldn't have said it better! I have ALWAYS believed wholeheartedly in capitol punishment. But, I would boost it several degrees. [Kill someone with more than one "reliable" witness, immediate execution. Rape, child molestation, or similar atrocity, immediate execution. Kill a cop, ditto.]
The movie "Judge Dredd" made perfect sense to me. But, that would get out of hand,too.

"Churches may close and old shepherds may die, but the herd will always be the herd."
Reverend Bill

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: DCLXVI] #326829
05/09/08 10:21 PM
05/09/08 10:21 PM
T
TheRatsInTheWall Offline
CoS Member
TheRatsInTheWall  Offline
CoS Member
T

I'm not too sure immediately executing people is the best solution to the problem. Witnesses are never really reliable, as memory is just to easy to manipulate. There are a few criminals who deserve to die if they can be unequivocally proven guilty. These are the criminals who have no potential use. The rest should be put to work for society. Instead of placing people in luxury hotel prisons, we could force people to literally work of their debt to society. This would include their room, board, and guards of course. Criminals could rather easily work on public projects, such as improving roads or cleaning. Essentially slavery until they've payed of the debt they accrued through their crime. If they were proven innocent, then the government just cuts them a check for their time and sends them on their marry way.

As to the idea that those with influence will have the intelligence to keep the system running correctly, I wouldn't be to sure. As long as they are benefiting from the system, many people in power don't give a fig for actual effective government. Of course there are those who do care, and they are great people, but they aren't ubiquitous. A system of popular surveillance of government activity could fix that problem however.

Finally, I'm glad this kid is dead. He got what he deserved. The question is, what is being done to remove the environment that bred him?

Re: Sometimes I forget how different Satanists are ... [Re: TheRatsInTheWall] #326835
05/09/08 11:14 PM
05/09/08 11:14 PM
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member
Evil_Eve  Offline
CoS Member

1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:
Finally, I'm glad this kid is dead. He got what he deserved. The question is, what is being done to remove the environment that bred him?

I grow weary of hearing this type of comment. I hear things like:

"I came from a bad neighborhood and had a hooker drunk for a mother and My father walked out on us. I had no way to get a job so being in this environment I simply had to car jack someone to pay the bills".

"I never had a chance at a proper education because of where I grew up".

etc. etc. etc.

I don't feel that it's My job to help those that can help themselves.

I'm sure most of us can think of many people who have come from (been born into) the same exact circumstances (bad neighborhoods, crap parents, abuse, poor education systems etc.) that have risen above and beyond that and made something of themselves.

Some are Judges, some became Police Officers, scholars, Professors, etc.

It is up to each and every individual to make up his or her mind about changing their OWN world. Trying to change the world around you is not only time consuming but futile. More oft than naught, the people you help don't appreciate it in the end and so it goes round and round.

Just because one is born into an unsavory environment does not mean they can not clean up that environment themselves and take a stand, rise above and educate themselves instead of waving guns around like it's the wild wild west.

Extraordinary individuals do just that no matter where they came from or who their parents were/are.

Some of the most intelligent people I am graced to know, dropped out of high school, never went to college, and are thriving! Most are probably living more fulfilling lives and earning higher salaries than that of a Harvard Grad.

Now onto prisoners working to pay off a debt to society:

I do think that We still do have chain gangs, and that working off a debt would be more productive than that of sitting in a cell all day.

From what I understand, back in the day, prisoners DID work (were farmed out) but that the system was abused by crooked people. For instance: A warden may know/feel/believe that a man is innocent in his jail system and yet he needs more workers because they got a cut of the pay from the work the prisoners performed. This meant in order to keep up with the work load that some innocent prisoners records were simply swept under the rug. The more people you have, the more work/contracts you get hence, more money.

I'd have to look that up however so don't quote Me on it. I may have heard it on the History Channel, I'm not for certain.

Satan LIVES!
If you could....would YOU?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,559
Posts408,092
Members13,351
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 1.1155 MB (Peak: 1.3246 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-09-24 15:40:29 UTC