05/04/08 04:17 PM
05/04/08 04:17 PM
West Valley, UT, USA
Storm Offline OP
CoS Member
Storm  Offline OP
CoS Member

West Valley, UT, USA
Around this time each year I am certain to be asked, "So what are you going to do for your birthday?" Which before I can answer is immediately followed by, "I mean, are you going to do anything special?.. I'm sure you probably have to work like everybody else, but I mean a party or something that night?" I always reply, "I'm going to do whatever I want all day since it is my most important holiday of they year." And then continue, "Which I'm sure you do too. Isn't it your most important holiday also?" Honestly, I do this because I possess an insatiably sadistic proclivity for meddling with people's superstitions and personal mental conditionings. On the same token, I am sincerely interested in the points of views of others (as an academic fascination of said conditionings and observing their reactions to starkly contrasting ideals).

No doubt many place importance on their birthdays, but the most important? I encounter many who would not even label the ocassion a "holiday" - just another day that they surely desire attention be brought to (mainly in the form of a party with an obscene amount of liquor), however, not the most important of the year. First, let's make clear that I'm not deeming my birthday "my favorite holiday" as my favorite holiday is Samhain [Halloween]. I'm stating that my birthday is, "My Most Important Holiday". This is perceived by many as completely self-indulgent. That's because it is!

If one is to consider the unbelievably wondrous, beautiful, intriguing, frustrating, rewarding, sexy, horrifying, tasty, smelly, loud, peacefully, mind-blowing, and Truly Awesome experience Life is, then why would one not celebrate the day one is Born?! Life is absolutely precious and finite. No matter how bad you think your life is, it must Not be too bad if you have the access and time to read these words. Ponder, for just a moment, how many in your own local will never read these or any other words. Life kicks your ass and is kick ass! Just to enjoy and survive another year is well worth commemorating annually with a party and declaring that day of greatest regard to oneself.

Others may condemn such personal philosophies as blasphemous. These folks question, "How can you say it is more important than Christmas? How can you say that you are more important than our saviour?" This could be rephrased in many fashions to fit several other theological beliefs where one's birthday is surely not as important as their personal creator and/or saviour. Let's end this debate quickly and note back to my last paragraph...
If you are not alive to enjoy the aspects, trials, missions (or whatever one's personal theological/ philosophical subscriptions may entail), then how can one appreciate, endure, or accomplish these said elements of life? And surely "Christ" [as it were], although "placing all others before him" [according to the mythos], would still recognize his own birthday as his Most Important Day of the Year - or he would have made it a commandment and/or sin to manifest and celebrate Christmas let alone one's own birthday with balloons, cake and ice cream. My point is simple:
If one does not make oneself the most important individual in one's life, then one can never embrace and completely appreciate all the other personally deemed important aspects of life. Thus the justification for Satanists designating one's birthday as the Most Important Holiday.

Now that we have established the importance of one's birthday, then the answer (as was noted at the beginning) to, "What are you doing for your birthday?" is a resounding, "Whatever I want!" Surely, you have come to aquire a fantastic list of activities, experiences, people, foods/beverages, and places that you would label as your Favorites; So take an entire day and choose those you most wish [and are realistically capable] of doing during those waking hours. Let nothing stand in your way of truly Indulging [not compulsively - ie: engaging in total inebriation] in said favorites. Hold nothing back and make your Most Important Holiday of the Year be the best that it possibly can be.

Henceforward, therefore, as a true follower of the Left Hand Path, and as a human most appreciative of the human experience, I declare that all who concure to truly make your birthday The Most Important Holiday of the Year! And, as always, yet another reason I exclaim,

Hail Thyself!

HS!
~Storm

-----------------------------------------
For those who seem to be so curious as to my actual activities on my "special day"...

*Of course, I opened some presents from Queen and the lovely little Princesses while Lily frolicked in the wrapping paper shreddings.

*This year, I chose to tattoo, but only One tattoo and only because it was a skull with an inverted cross smashing through it [new school style] from "The Devil's Sketchbook" that was in black and grey.

*While at the shop, I placed my new action figures for display (Zombie Spiderman, Zombie Hulk, Todd McFarlane's Vlad the Impaler) which were gifted to me.

*I stopped by the used CD/DVD store to browse for some specific copies of music and cinema that I had been wanting to add to collection although none of my choices were available.

*I tried a small portion of chicken wings at the newly opened Wing Coop as I enjoy good wings from time to time. They were not bad, but far from amazing. None-the-less, I ate every last bite - wings are far from common in my current diet. Bottom line - life is too short for "ok wings" I doubt I will be back.

*I washed my car. There is something about a sparkling vehicle that makes me smile.

*I went to Barnes and Noble [albeit trendy and generally lacking fathoms of good reading material] to browse the periodicles and "bargain books". Those are the two main reasons I even walk through those doors as it seems most of the time I hear a Customer Service Associate inform me, "No, Sir, you were in the correct location if we did carry that book, however, we may or may not be able to order that in for you within 4-6 weeks." Still, it's books and a selection of special interest magazines, so I enjoy it when I can get over there.

*I read the forward and introduction to Magister James D. Sass' "Essays in Satanism" (gift)

*The little ladies made cookies and hung streamers and balloons in my honor - complete with an appropriate, "Happy Birthday" song.

*Seafood (even pop-seafood like Skippers) is my favorite, so I was treated to dinner at Joe's Crabshack.

*I attended a party in my honor at our favorite "party place" [Cell Block] complete with close company I give a shit about (a few could not, unfortunately, make it) and surrounded by a room of animated flesh I didn't give a shit about [except each of them throwing their "hawd errnd mun-ay" hand over fist to my dearly beloved Cell Block owners while Quinn (DJ) strived to tolerate the plethora of worthless music requests]. The incredible individuals in attendance at our "own little corner" of that fantastic establishment made it truly fun.

*How could I better conclude the day than with unmentionable activities with The Dark Queen.

*I extended a couple of things into the next day including this writing [I enjoy writing], engaging in some artwork, reading some essays in Magister Sass' book, and ending the night by watching Vincent Price starring in "The Last Man on Earth", 1964 (gift) with popcorn and protein bar (only half a cheat wink ).

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters."
~Francisco Goya

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios
Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Storm] #325781
05/04/08 06:28 PM
05/04/08 06:28 PM
USA
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline
CoS Member

USA
Your words of how you spent your birthday made me smile. It sounds like it was just perfect! Good for you! Also, Happy Birthday!!

YOU ARE DEEP, DARK AND LOVELY.

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Queen Shiba] #325865
05/05/08 02:44 AM
05/05/08 02:44 AM
Enigma777 Offline
Enigma777  Offline

Quote:
Honestly, I do this because I possess an insatiably sadistic proclivity for meddling with people's superstitions and personal mental conditionings. On the same token, I am sincerely interested in the points of views of others (as an academic fascination of said conditionings and observing their reactions to starkly contrasting ideals).

HA! We have much in common cool

Isn't it fun playing with sheep? coopdevil

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Storm] #325871
05/05/08 03:46 AM
05/05/08 03:46 AM
Calgary
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member
TheDegenerate  Offline
CoS Member

Calgary
Happy Birthday to you sir!

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: TheDegenerate] #325894
05/05/08 08:16 AM
05/05/08 08:16 AM
Z
Zardex Offline
Zardex  Offline
Z

Personally I don't celebrate any day as a holiday specifically.
It just doesn't come natural to me.
The idea itself makes me feel pretentious.

I don't think down on people who do celebrate a date of importance to them for obviously they find some indulgence in it's symbolism.
If I was to attach importance of a past event to the date in which it took place then my birthday I would celebrate.

I do however enjoy celebrations that others organize as far as I find something enjoyable in them as much as I seek to enjoy every moment of my life the best I can.

Beyond that I find the best way to for me enjoy my birthday or even Walpurgisnacht, is by not celebrating them as holidays but living them like any other day, making the best of my time, and perhaps taking the best enjoyment out of the celebration that is already taking place.

But I do see the value in taking special time away from normal routines for some specific indulgences, and as such I wish you a Happy Birthday Storm!

"Art is not merely an imitation of the reality of nature, but in truth a metaphysical supplement to the reality of nature, placed alongside thereof for its conquest."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Zardex] #325903
05/05/08 10:33 AM
05/05/08 10:33 AM
USA
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline
CoS Member

USA
I have to comment again about celebrating one's birthday. I was born a Satanist, and I veryify it by looking at how I grew up, and the things I did and said, and the things that were important to me, without me even knowing why.

My birthday was the only day that mattered to me. Not even Christmas. I was raised Catholic, and everyone knows we had to celebrate every freaking holiday on their calendar.

None of that meant anything to me.

It was my birthday that was all for me. I never had to share. The presents and the attention were all for me. It was my day to shine. It was my day to have all my loved ones around me.

To this day, it's the only day that I love to celebrate. My whole family knows. I have had many surprise parties, that my sister has hosted for me, and I've had many wonderful parties and presents on my birthday.

There is one sad note though. Since my parents have died, the call from them never comes anymore, that is the only sadness I have on my birthday. But, my uncle calls me, he is my father's brother. He, like my father, never forgets my birthday. He sounds like my father. So, he's kind of like my surrogate father.

BIRTHDAYS ARE THE BEST FOR ME!!

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Queen Shiba] #327066
05/11/08 04:13 AM
05/11/08 04:13 AM
Enigma777 Offline
Enigma777  Offline

Here is my present to you:) : HAIL SATAN!! devilchili

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Enigma777] #327100
05/11/08 12:17 PM
05/11/08 12:17 PM
USA
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline
CoS Member

USA
nicesatan777, I'd like to know how you found this picture of me!! Of course it's when I was younger. But, still, it's one of my favorites! devilchili devilchili devilchili

Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Enigma777] #327126
05/11/08 03:37 PM
05/11/08 03:37 PM
West Valley, UT, USA
Storm Offline OP
CoS Member
Storm  Offline OP
CoS Member

West Valley, UT, USA
Well thank you very much!...
However, I already have:

Now, I have my own fantasy world to think that we could do something like Evan Stone does (always involved in some fantastic menage in his movies), but reality sets in and I have my very serious doubts.

Never-the-less, thank you.

....and I'll keep dreaming

~Storm

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters."
~Francisco Goya

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios
Re: One's Own Birthday ~ The Most Important Holiday of the Year [Re: Queen Shiba] #327129
05/11/08 03:47 PM
05/11/08 03:47 PM
Enigma777 Offline
Enigma777  Offline

I think I made the pic a little too big! Sorry.

So you say you look like THAT!!! Well when you have a pretty face like that, it is like gold, you can't hide it.

No, she is actually the divine Alina Vacariu.
She is my Goddess of sexual desires! tiki

Last edited by Daark; 05/11/08 05:58 PM. Reason: Removing unclear humor

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,443
Members13,396
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.029s Queries: 14 (0.019s) Memory: 3.8489 MB (Peak: 4.2381 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-14 05:04:31 UTC