05/06/08 10:13 AM
05/06/08 10:13 AM
USA
Queen Shiba Offline OP
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline OP
CoS Member

USA
Roho, for real, I never knew what you just said about the animal world about size being the deciding factor. Now I know! Our Canadian Geese here are starting to attack because they have their nests made. Alot of us don't go near the pond where the geese live. But, there is that bike path that I mentioned earlier, the people on their bikes are getting honked at and the geese are flying up at them causing some of them to fall of their bikes! These geese mean business!!

Oh, it was good of you to that goose save face. You're a good man Charlie Brown.

YOU ARE DEEP, DARK AND LOVELY.

Re: Do Not Harm An Animal [Re: Queen Shiba] #326188
05/06/08 08:02 PM
05/06/08 08:02 PM
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member
Evil_Eve  Offline
CoS Member

1313 Mockingbird Lane
This is one of the finest things I have recently read on the LttD.

There is much We can learn from our fellow friends (non-human animals).

There are mothers who won't even feed their young, mothers who drown their young in bathtubs...I need not go on with the horrific things We all know Human mothers have done to their young.

My Father has an infinity towards squirrels (and like Myself all animals). I have bird feeders and even put corn out (the hard cobs) on a squirrel feeder for the fuzzy little critters.

I have two large windows in My living room that face one of My many trees and it's quite entertaining to watch these two squirrels scamper up and down the tree. They make mind boggling jumps and are so darned cute.

Back to dear ol' Dad. My dad has nuts in his pockets (not just the ones he was born with either). He actually carries Walnuts, etc. and throws them out into My yard for the squirrels. They had become so accustomed to this that he almost got one to take a nut out of his hand.

I call My Dad Grizzly Adams, and yes, he did used to have a beard. jack

Congrats on your recovery and for keeping an eye out on that little fuzzy family.

I wonder how your neighbor would feel if someone were to dunk his head in the creek and keep it there?

There is so much to learn by simply watching non-human animals. This is perhaps the reason I like animals more than I like most people. They are great teachers and fearless protectors/providers for their young and self.

Now this isn't necessarily an 'animal' but an insect I have a great deal of respect for:

The Ant They're amazing!

Satan LIVES!
If you could....would YOU?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Re: Do Not Harm An Animal [Re: Evil_Eve] #326192
05/06/08 08:27 PM
05/06/08 08:27 PM
USA
Queen Shiba Offline OP
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline OP
CoS Member

USA
Thanks Eve! My recovery is slow, probably because I'm spending too much time looking out the window instead of doing my exercises!! But, I'm hanging in there.

I'm hoping to keep my squirrels close to home by feeding them, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

JM

YOU ARE DEEP, DARK AND LOVELY.

Re: Do Not Harm An Animal [Re: Queen Shiba] #326396
05/07/08 08:36 PM
05/07/08 08:36 PM
Missouri
S
Starless Pixie Offline
Starless Pixie  Offline
S

Missouri
I, too, love animals. It has definitely been different marrying into my husband's family, because I was raised by hippies who didn't even fish or hunt (no we weren't vegetarian by any means, although my father for a while wouldn't eat beef because he was kind of hindu-ish). My inlaws, however, are farm folk.

When I first started coming around these acres, there were cats everywhere. Brandon wanted to take a bow and arrow and shoot at the cats because they were being a nuisance to his grandma some how. I put a stop to that right away- I told him if he HAD to do something to get squirt guns and chase them away but that I was not going to allow him to hurt them. Eventually they caught all the cats and took them to his aunt's farm to hunt mice in the barn.

His aunt and uncle (uncle is married into the family) live next door as well. The uncle is like me, he doesn't like cruelty to animals but if an animal is hurt beyond medical treatment or is sick and isn't going to get better, we can't just sit and watch them suffer. I'm not saying the mother squirrel of the OP's needs to be put down, because obviously mother squirrel is still living her little squirrel life to her fullest.

We have two cats (one I adopted from a different aunt-in-laws farm, and one from my mom's house), a dog, and four puppies (anyone want one?! They JUST turned 8 weeks today!). Hopefully one day when we're out on our own land we can have many more animals. My husband wants weird indoor pets like monkeys and birds. We would never have either though, because I don't like monkeys and I have a fear of birds. I have no clue why, they have never attacked me and I've never seen that Stephen King movie.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,559
Posts408,092
Members13,351
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.021s Queries: 14 (0.017s) Memory: 1.0010 MB (Peak: 1.0816 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-09-24 15:10:24 UTC