Topic Options
#32655 - 03/19/04 07:01 PM Ignore User
Satanya Offline
Banned

This is the most magnificent function ever put into work on these boards, I must Thank You Reverend Ventrue! It just solves so many problems, you couldn't have done it better!

#32656 - 03/19/04 10:19 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: Satanya]
BurningJayde Offline

The only thing I think is slightly bogus about this function is that it doesn't automatically notify the one being ignored.
What if they have no clue that they offended you, or that you simply don't wish to communicate with them? They may go on replying in general to your threads, or individual posts, wasting their time, wondering why in the world they receive no reply. We're not all going to like each other, that's true, but does no one have the brass balls to at least own up to the fact that they're going to ignore "you?"

#32657 - 03/19/04 11:02 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: Satanya]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
To be honest. You can ignore a poster without this little button. Just don't read what they post.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#32658 - 03/20/04 04:29 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: BurningJayde]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
The "ignore" in "ignorance" is just that.

Use judgement. Satanic Rules of the Earth apply. If you don't get a response from someone after a few different approaches, shut up! Continuing would just be stupid, don't you agree?

#32659 - 03/20/04 05:40 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: Captn_Thatch]
BurningJayde Offline

Eh, fuck it.

I'll give the short answer. Yes, it would be stupid to continue. There's certainly more to it than that, though. But I will not waste anymore time on it.

Good day, sir

Edited by BurningJade (03/20/04 05:47 PM)

#32660 - 03/20/04 05:51 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: Discipline]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I didn't find it to be that easy in the past. This new feature may be interpreted as a baby-sitting of board members of sorts if you will, but it solves many problems. I'm really glad it is finally available.

#32661 - 03/20/04 05:56 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: BurningJayde]
Satanya Offline
Banned

It is not a matter of offense. With me it is simply draining to read some posts sometimes. Either pretentious or just plain stupid posts from certain individuals... that would on occasions just get me to reply "&@$%^$#*%@%!!!" Yep, this new function is Hailed from this end.

#32662 - 03/21/04 10:28 AM Re: Ignore User [Re: BurningJayde]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
Ah, how ironic.

Didn't mean to be rude.

#32663 - 03/21/04 09:02 PM Re: Ignore User [Re: Satanya]
Maverick Offline

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun
My personal opinion is that the ignore feature is a waste of programing code. While the talent that went into creating it may be hail worthy, the feature itself isn't. It is a coward's feature. If you don't like someone, or feel their posts are stupid and not worth your time, scroll on past it (hence ignoring it with no special feature, that was tough), or have some balls and say you know what... YOU'RE STUPID. ::Rolls eyes before anyone replies to this comment:: This is a feature that can cause stupid misunderstandings. I have seen them before, and no a Satanist is not immune to misunderstandings.... I have seen more bullshit misunderstandings on this forum without this feature. And before anyone says a Satanist shouldn't care what anyone thinks or what not, 90% of the "Satanists" on this forum are human and in fact do care. You can see it how they take comments personally and reply accordingly. I personally don't care if anyone ignores me. I have all of maybe 15 posts, Oh no, now I won't be heard!! ::Rolls eyes:: So much for if someone is bothering you let them know/ask them to stop, if they persist destroy them. Guess we will have to take out the part about letting them know and insert ignore feature. Not to take anything away from Rev. Ventrue for his efforts and thought. It just isn't, IMHO, a plus to the forum.

Now, a feature that allows you to simply reply to a topic and not to a specific person, like I would prefer to do, would be a handy feature.

Edited by Maverick (03/21/04 09:09 PM)

Every second is another chance to try again!

Education is Expensive..... Ignorance is more Expensive!!!

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements