Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#375863 - 03/25/09 08:47 PM Re: Love [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Special_Kane Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
I don't concern myself with the rudiments of what constitutes the biological composition of the orange.

I just enjoy the sweet juices.

Love in one's life, even if fleeting and golden, is a wonderful feeling.

Romance in the heart is more potent and uplifting than any drug.

One could posit that so often love affairs are brief. But the sparkling, rushing, joyous emotions can leave an impression that rushes through our veins for a lifetime.

Love is magic. Real Magic.

Al Koran, in his book, Bring Out The Magic In Your Mind, states:

"When I let my dog out in the morning he stands for a moment, sniffs the air; drinks in the sights and sounds and smells for a while. It is as though so much magic hits him all at once and he is bowled over by it. And then he suddenly leaps in the air. Why can't we be the same?"

Love is such a natural and powerful emotion.

I am like that dog! I possess the magic of romance in my veins. And it bowls me over.

I wouldn't be any other way. I would never be like the rest of the walking dead, dull fuckers.

There isn't enough romance in this world. Jaded, dull, unimaginative bastards that most people are.

Who cares what it is?

Just grab it by the horns when you get the chance. Romantic people are few and far between. And they are so much more rewarding than those that waste time wondering what love is because they are too busy enjoying drinking down the juices.

Completely agreed. Too many people get into details trying to explain something that simply is a part of us. Though we may not be able to describe it with many words (or fully describe it with too many!) we know it when we feel it, and it's great!

#375895 - 03/26/09 04:47 AM Re: Love [Re: Special_Kane]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
I don't concern myself with the rudiments of what constitutes the biological composition of the orange.

I just enjoy the sweet juices.

Love in one's life, even if fleeting and golden, is a wonderful feeling.

Romance in the heart is more potent and uplifting than any drug.

One could posit that so often love affairs are brief. But the sparkling, rushing, joyous emotions can leave an impression that rushes through our veins for a lifetime.

Love is magic. Real Magic.

Al Koran, in his book, Bring Out The Magic In Your Mind, states:

"When I let my dog out in the morning he stands for a moment, sniffs the air; drinks in the sights and sounds and smells for a while. It is as though so much magic hits him all at once and he is bowled over by it. And then he suddenly leaps in the air. Why can't we be the same?"

Love is such a natural and powerful emotion.

I am like that dog! I possess the magic of romance in my veins. And it bowls me over.

I wouldn't be any other way. I would never be like the rest of the walking dead, dull fuckers.

There isn't enough romance in this world. Jaded, dull, unimaginative bastards that most people are.

Who cares what it is?

Just grab it by the horns when you get the chance. Romantic people are few and far between. And they are so much more rewarding than those that waste time wondering what love is because they are too busy enjoying drinking down the juices.

What an amazing post Reverend...

Right now I am in the throes of a most delectable, delicious and extremely juicy love affair - and yes indeed, it is the sweetest nectar. So beautifully summed up, minus all the Bullshit - I salute your skill with the written word!

HS!

#376160 - 03/28/09 08:36 PM Re: Love [Re: Hedonist]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
@ Hedonist: I envy your joy but I’m happy for you as well. I could do with a bit of such sweetness in my life.

I’ve stayed out of this thread because “love” is an emotion that I’m not on friendly terms with. I grew up in an environment of anger, hatred, suspicion and superstition. The love of family is different from the love of lovers, but family is where we are supposed to get our first glimpses of the sentiment, and my emotional education was lacking in that area.

While this environment made my siblings cold, it made me needy. I wanted this “love” that I heard about. I sought it out, even convinced myself that I found it a few times but it didn’t take me long to figure out that what I was really feeling was lust or infatuation.

I eagerly embrace companionship, friendship, lust, sex, infatuation, comfort and familiarity, and this is what my relationships consist of. I can say “I love you” and mean it, but not in the sense that poets and artists mean it. What I mean is “I care deeply for you”, “your happiness is important to me”, “you make me happy”.

I’ve only ever opened my heart a crack to people. I’ve never let anyone fully inside. I keep even those closest to me at a bit of a distance. The only exception would be my companion animals. Even though I know that their lack of longevity will cause me untold anguish in the end, they are the only ones that I have truly let under my emotional armor.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#376591 - 04/02/09 12:16 PM Re: Love: Yet another Brick in the Wall [Re: LightAngel]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
The last "true love" I felt was some 24 years ago. The mother of my son and daughter. Now, since they are grown and on their own, with children of their own, when I see her, I still feel a certain "tug at the heartstrings." Do I still love the woman?
I guess, somewhere in there, there is some sort of love for her. Though I've been married once since we last broke up, I didn't love the "other woman", who I left and divorced to try one last time with "C."

I've posted this poem here before. But, I think it might fit here, too. It was, is and always will be for "C".

The Picture in my Broken Heart

I would have taken you as my wife
I would have given you the rest of this life
I’ve made my share of mistakes as we all do
But I so longed to share the years with you

I would have walked the world with your hand in my hand.
I would have held you, kissed you, done all that we planned,
But now you have no love left for me.
There’s no garden, no seashores, no summers to see.

It was you who held me safe through the night,
And you the beauty who greeted me in the morning light.
But now you don’t need me and I am alone.
A prisoner prince next to his love’s empty throne.

So now I go far to the cold west.
I tried to be who you needed, I gave you my best.
I made mistakes that broke us and tore love apart.
But you will be forever there, the picture in my broken heart.

And that makes her the final "Brick in my Wall"

#376618 - 04/02/09 04:40 PM Re: Love [Re: TrojZyr]
Gerwolf Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Well, I am one of those people who likes elder men, so I have never had a relationship before. But I have "fallen in love" with 2 people before. But I think morals had to be instigated when I was younger. As I wasn't at the legal age of 18, and didn't want to wind up on Nine News!
The feeling of security I had with these people, their intellect, artistic sense and romanticism is what attracted me to him. Yet, I am still persecuted by friends for "loving" older males. I choose to think, there once was a time in the medieval era, where a young girl married elder men, or luckily fell in love. It's also difficult not to be labled as a "gold digger" or some such word. There are a few people in the world who live up to that title, but ever since I was little, I have fallen for older men. I think it's partially because I am a tomboy, I relate too much to men in my generation. And not many find romanticism, intellect, or art a positive thing. Such young people are hard to find, at least where I live! That's why I believe males who are Satanists tend to be incredibly interesting. They are interested in such subjects.
All I can say is I hope i'll find someone one day. Sex if your lucky might last 15mins, but I am much more interested in intimacy with a person, which lasts forever. There definatly is a feeling one has when in love, which is inexplicable most of the time. But that's what the feeling of love is to me.

#376647 - 04/02/09 08:29 PM Re: Love: Yet another Brick in the Wall [Re: DCLXVI]
Enigma777 Offline

Holy Shit!

That is EXACTLY how I feel now!

Thanks for the poem.
This is the first time I have truly experienced this and it hurts!

#376678 - 04/03/09 02:06 AM Re: Love [Re: Lilibeta]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
@ Hedonist: I envy your joy but I’m happy for you as well. I could do with a bit of such sweetness in my life.

I’ve stayed out of this thread because “love” is an emotion that I’m not on friendly terms with. I grew up in an environment of anger, hatred, suspicion and superstition. The love of family is different from the love of lovers, but family is where we are supposed to get our first glimpses of the sentiment, and my emotional education was lacking in that area.

While this environment made my siblings cold, it made me needy. I wanted this “love” that I heard about. I sought it out, even convinced myself that I found it a few times but it didn’t take me long to figure out that what I was really feeling was lust or infatuation.

I eagerly embrace companionship, friendship, lust, sex, infatuation, comfort and familiarity, and this is what my relationships consist of. I can say “I love you” and mean it, but not in the sense that poets and artists mean it. What I mean is “I care deeply for you”, “your happiness is important to me”, “you make me happy”.

I’ve only ever opened my heart a crack to people. I’ve never let anyone fully inside. I keep even those closest to me at a bit of a distance. The only exception would be my companion animals. Even though I know that their lack of longevity will cause me untold anguish in the end, they are the only ones that I have truly let under my emotional armor.

I can identify with all of that Lilibeta.

Growing up, I had to learn to be cold or I honestly wouldn't have survived as long as I have. Through an abusive home-life, a war in Iraq, and the memories that come from both, the hardest part has always been learning to love myself even a little bit.

I've had to work at it and I've managed so far. I'm satisfied with what I have, but I'm personally looking for a place where I can be comfortable enough to let my hair down a little more. I'm not there yet but I damn well will be.

#376680 - 04/03/09 02:32 AM Re: Love: Yet another Brick in the Wall [Re: DCLXVI]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: DCLXVI

The Picture in my Broken Heart

I would have taken you as my wife
I would have given you the rest of this life
I’ve made my share of mistakes as we all do
But I so longed to share the years with you

I would have walked the world with your hand in my hand.
I would have held you, kissed you, done all that we planned,
But now you have no love left for me.
There’s no garden, no seashores, no summers to see.

It was you who held me safe through the night,
And you the beauty who greeted me in the morning light.
But now you don’t need me and I am alone.
A prisoner prince next to his love’s empty throne.

So now I go far to the cold west.
I tried to be who you needed, I gave you my best.
I made mistakes that broke us and tore love apart.
But you will be forever there, the picture in my broken heart.

And that makes her the final "Brick in my Wall"

Beautiful Poem.It's sad, but still very beautiful and touching blush

You got lots of talent, thanks for sharing.

#377403 - 04/10/09 04:08 AM Re: Love [Re: inky]
LightAngel Offline

Just take responsibility for your own happiness, don't let other people's shortcomings, or opinions, controle how you feel about yourself.

Then I'm sure you will find that big love for yourself.

#377441 - 04/10/09 01:40 PM Re: Love [Re: LightAngel]
Raithe Offline

Loc: USA, Manchester UK
I agree. To many times we are left with choices that are not our own. They are the decisions and choices that are left by others. We can only see these cause we are blinded by the opinions and immoral delusional views of others. We should never let another person or situation decide out fate or our outlook on life.

http://vampiretemple.com/

#381338 - 05/13/09 11:44 AM Re: Love [Re: Raithe]
LightAngel Offline

True.

#456706 - 07/26/11 06:34 AM Re: Love [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

This is another old topic of mine that I bring back to life, and why?! - Well, I just mention love in my serial killers topic, so I guess I just needed some balance in here.

#456712 - 07/26/11 09:14 AM Re: Love [Re: LightAngel]
AdamBomb Offline

I love my family and friends, but actually falling in love? Never, I do not believe in it. No offense, to anyone who has fallen in love, but I feel it is a mental weakness like faith. It makes people do irrational things, and if you claim to have fallen in love, but never done crazy or irrational things for that person, then you are not in love. You are still sane.

Falling in love like faith are based on emotions which can get carried away and you lose focus on your own self and become the closest thing to altruistic. If any of you recall the discussion on true altruism...it kills.

#456734 - 07/26/11 05:08 PM Re: Love [Re: AdamBomb]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: AdamBomb
I love my family and friends, but actually falling in love? Never, I do not believe in it. No offense, to anyone who has fallen in love, but I feel it is a mental weakness like faith. It makes people do irrational things, and if you claim to have fallen in love, but never done crazy or irrational things for that person, then you are not in love. You are still sane.

Falling in love like faith are based on emotions which can get carried away and you lose focus on your own self and become the closest thing to altruistic. If any of you recall the discussion on true altruism...it kills.

WUT.

Even though psychologically speaking "sane" and "insane" are meaningless (at least as far as the US is concerned; I know here those terms are limited to legalese), to say that the basic emotions at play when someone's in love carry marks of insanity is a bit of a stretch I think.

Does being in love cause people to do (or at least be more likely to do) irrational things? Yes, just as much as intense hate for someone can do the same. In either case it's up to the individual experiencing the emotions to have enough sense to enjoy it without being a complete ass.

It's also important to understand (as has probably been mentioned in this thread already at least once) that these sorts of feelings are going to be pretty rare for just about anyone.

And besides, what's all the buzz about being rational 100% of the time? The way I see it I have a limited amount of time to live so while I do want to live sensibly and safely I'm going to do those things in the funnest way possible. I'd really hate to offend the sensibilities of my avatar but fully indulging in ones own emotions is completely healthy and a natural part of us, down to a biological level.

It's assholes like Christians and Muslims (and a few dozen others) who make it their mission to stifle such feelings of passion, not Satanists. If anything Satanism is the best synthesis of rationalism and emotionalism there is.

EDIT: Just realized this thread was pretty fucking old before the last two posts. Not sure how awkward that makes this, considering it's my first post in forever. Oh well.

Edited by NapalmNick (07/26/11 05:11 PM)

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#456741 - 07/26/11 06:37 PM Re: Love [Re: NapalmNick]
AdamBomb Offline

You make a nice point. I understand what Dr. Lavey was saying about love and hate, and even with what I read in Nietzsche bears the concept of living life and taking risks which may lead to heavy downtime, but it is all worth it overall because in essence, you are living life to the fullest.
I just view it more like Richard Dawkins in God Delusion and even Frank Zappa and Henry Rollins in that matter.

I also don't think people here will really care how awkward a post looks. After all, they all seem to the types that have their own lives to live out.

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404162 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements