Topic Options
#327782 - 05/14/08 04:56 AM A legal question.
Perseus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I would just like to post a question that I have been curious about for quite some time that I cant see already asked here yet.

I would like to ask - to whom it may concern, and also bring to the church’s attention, the following question.

Is the Church Aware of the book currently floating around the internet titled- “Church of Satan” written by Michael A Aquino ?

And if so, would the church consider this book be breaching any number of America’s legal statues including Slanderous and defamation laws in the comments made toward key church members.

I am also curious about what the churches official position is on this book and its author Michael A Aquino because I would think the church would not want its good name tarnished like this?

Once I read this book it filled me with a quite a feeling of rage and sadness towards the author for the lies he spills within it and how he seems to believe them.

I as an individual would not believe any of the words contained within this book nor would I recommend it to anyone else, I am just simply bringing it to the attention of the Church’s officials.

Hope this question is able to be answered and if I have offended any members of the church by prying where I shouldn’t, I apologise because I know of the churches “need to know” basis and I respect that.

#327798 - 05/14/08 07:08 AM Re: A legal question. [Re: Perseus]
Mr. Saturday Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
I don't know the legalities of using the title on that writing so I'll leave that to others.

As for Aquino, in the things I've read about and by him, he's portrayed (more by himself than others) as an arrogant and ignorant shit-disturber who actually believes in Satan as a deity.

He's an insignificant footnote in the history of the Church of Satan that should and will be forgotten with time.

Mr. Saturday
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

#327807 - 05/14/08 07:52 AM Re: A legal question. [Re: Mr. Saturday]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
That book tells a story to the observant reader, but not the one Aquino hoped to tell.

It is allegedly a "history," and in the author's own words, taken from a letter therein in which he discusses the writing of histories, he makes reference to the fact that history is whatever he can convince people it is.

Take that for what it's worth.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#327813 - 05/14/08 08:05 AM Re: A legal question. [Re: Perseus]
Perseus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Thank you MagistraNadramia and Warlock West for your quick responses.

His writings are just as I presumed, a crock of bull.

And now my questions have been answered.

HS!

Edited by MrDaniel (05/14/08 08:09 AM)

#327899 - 05/14/08 04:15 PM Re: A legal question. [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> don't know the legalities of using the title on that writing so I'll leave that to others.<<

You can't copyright titles. Only contents.

That's why there are a number of instances whereby both books and songs share same titles.

In most artistic endeavours artists most often try to avoid it.

However, in this case, we see again those types who quantifiably need to feed off our name in order to garner attention for themselves.

I am of course speaking in terms here of printed works and we own the sole right to use the nomancleture as the name of the organisation.

Edited by Dr_Shaadriq_Aliz (05/14/08 04:26 PM)

Forum Stats
12108 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405523 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements