Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#329481 - 05/22/08 09:15 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: FalloutGod]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Originally Posted By: FalloutGod

Second, I don't care if people think eyeliner is not masculine. I still like the stuff.

As a substance, eyeliner is neither masculine or feminine. It is just paint. It is a tool.

It becomes masculine or feminine depending on how, when and most importantly, WHY you choose to apply it.

It is the WHY that matters. It is the WHY that people around you will react to that is why they will see you as emasculating yourself for wearing it.

#329510 - 05/22/08 12:19 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: FalloutGod]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I don't think we are saying the same thing - in your previous post you said:

Quote:
If all things relating to beauty are feminine then men have emasculated themselves all throughout history, and willingly at that.

My point is that NO, men haven't emasculated themselves throughout history because they have done things that we today consider feminine (for the reasons I gave). If you don't see anything to disagree with in that then fine, but the way I read your post (admittedly quite late at night right before bed, never the best time) was that you felt masculinity was subjective. Maybe my brain edited some words out or something. smile

I never suggested you were a goth/emo/whatever, you seem happy and secure in your identity and projection of it and clearly that is what matters most to you (just as long as you don't look like this guy).

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#329530 - 05/22/08 03:24 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Scion]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
Quote:
(just as long as you don't look like this guy).

Now, that's good stuff!

I, however, have a fondness for pink shirts; don't find them to be gay (whatever that means with regards to clothing,) or feminine, look great in them (sans the popped collar,) and wear them nearly every chance I get!
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#329537 - 05/22/08 04:43 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: C.F. Kane]
Scion Offline

I like pink clothes a lot too, and pink has had a big resurgence in the UK over the last few years (particularly in summer).

It's not the pink that's making that guy a douche though, that really is the least of his worries.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

#329539 - 05/22/08 04:59 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Scion]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Pink is fine - to a certain degree

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VWVZq3Guipg

#329555 - 05/22/08 06:51 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Shade]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Shade
Funny, I've never had any complaints when I wore a man's dress shirt. Granted, I was wearing nothing else at the time. grin

Woman that wears a man's dress shirt with nothing else at the time is very feminine and very hot! coopdevil

Man that wears a man's dress shirt with nothing else at the time is very feminine and very hot.......

.......For people into dudes like that.

#329646 - 05/23/08 06:21 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Callier]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Shade, you are correct about the man's dress shirt. I love those. They are comfortable, and just long enough. You unbutton the front to the right point, you roll up the sleeves, and then you sit at the kitchen table in the morning and have a cup of coffee, with your guest of course.

Now, on the to kid in the pink shirt, and the baseball cap. He sure had some nice muscles. Pink is coming back in for men, but, for me, I can't see it on a man. Maybe a younger man, but not some guy in my age range.

#329651 - 05/23/08 07:08 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: MissMina1556]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Granted pink is not the most masculine of colors, but men who were it are usually very confident. That in and of itself is attractive. ... I guess it doesn't hurt that pink is one of my favorite colors too smile

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#329668 - 05/23/08 08:51 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: AurEum]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
The men that I have seen out and about wearing pink have an air about them that they are screaming for attention - the type that is desperate to be checked out by every woman and itching for a fight from every man.

I am sure Scion and Exsanguinate would be an exception; this is what I have observed in my present locale.

#329671 - 05/23/08 09:07 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Nicolette]
Scion Offline

Originally Posted By: Nicolette
The men that I have seen out and about wearing pink have an air about them that they are screaming for attention - the type that is desperate to be checked out by every woman and itching for a fight from every man.

I am sure Scion and Exsanguinate would be an exception; this is what I have observed in my present locale.

Them's fighting words, put em up!

wink

At least I can sleep safely that in wearing pink I'm not making any confusing statements about my sexuality. Given that the resurgence of pink seemed to start off in the trailer trash portion of the UK first before filtering through to the rest of the population, I think I probably agree with you.

Edited by Scion (05/23/08 09:08 AM)

#329674 - 05/23/08 09:29 AM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Scion]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Originally Posted By: Scion
Given that the resurgence of pink seemed to start off in the trailer trash portion of the UK first before filtering through to the rest of the population, I think I probably agree with you.

Do you perhaps speak of the dreaded... chavs?!?!

Oh no!

Hehe, yes I just got back from being stationed in the UK; I used to live about 30 minutes from Cambridge laugh

I think perhaps the ones I have seen wearing it may be cashing in on the trend, and behaving in such a manner because they innately feel like they have something to prove.

Or it could be a dipshit is a dipshit, pink shirt or no, and much of the population is decidedly dipshitty.

#329717 - 05/23/08 12:39 PM Re: Modern Masculinity [Re: Nicolette]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
Quote:
Or it could be a dipshit is a dipshit, pink shirt or no, and much of the population is decidedly dipshitty.

All Hail the Truth!

My use of pink shirts is certainly no cry for attention, though it does occasionally prompt fucktards to assume things about my sexuality. Assume away...I know where it goes!

It has been said that it takes a real man to wear pink. Now, I don't know if that's really true, as evidenced by our douche bag earlier in this thread. But it is true that one shouldn't push the guys in pink too far, lest you catch a beat down from a "homo." wink

It is, ultimately, a color that when donned helps accentuate the confidence that I already have.

I am to be married soon, and it will be in a white linen suit with a pink dress shirt. Directly after that, I intend to have sex with my bride, where I will STILL be dressed in pink. Now, if that's a sexual identity crisis, well brothers and sisters, I am thoroughly F-ing confused!
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum Stats
12104 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405514 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements