DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South Carolina
Honey Mustard

#310919 - 03/01/08 08:34 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Speaking of Dressing, I stumbled onto another fantastic dressing that is just yummy. If one loves the taste of onions and creamy type dressings, try this one on for size. Ott's Original Vidalia Onion Dressing. The dressing has a creamy Italian style, a bit on the sweet and tangy side for those who like French and other sweet dressings, almost seems to be a kind of Italian Onion style dressing.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310929 - 03/01/08 09:06 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Maqlu]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
"Lettuce, cut up, without dressing"
"Let us cut up, without dressing"
Joy Salad.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#311016 - 03/01/08 01:45 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Oh - now I get it!

Well, I'm all in favour of that kind of joy salad too!

#327591 - 05/13/08 01:35 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I highly enjoy a good homemade 'Greek Dressing', I also make one hell of a homemade Balsamic vinaigrette that I learned to make while in Germany.

Another favorite of mine is homemade Caesar salad dressing.

So, as you can see My favorites consist of mostly oil and vinegar (aside from the Caesar dressing) all though it does consist mainly of oil.

I tend to stay away from any dressing that has color (white/red/etc.) as I feel they have a higher calorie content and are full of crap you don't need.

Homemade is the best in My opinion. smile

Speaking of such, I have some Greek dressing and a whole 2 lbs of Feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and imported Greek olives in the icebox. I think I'll go make Myself a Greek salad for lunch. (No I don't plan on using the whole 2 lbs of Feta in My salad). eek

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#327609 - 05/13/08 02:54 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Lust Offline

"(No I don't plan on using the whole 2 lbs of Feta in My salad)."

Everything sounds scrumptious, except the feta. Just me, I am not a cheese man. I almost never eat spaghetti in public because I hate the smell of the parmigan cheese. Thanks for the laugh.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#328680 - 05/18/08 09:47 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Daniel89 Offline

Loc: NY
Oil and vinegar. Anything else is just silly.

Edited by Daniel89 (05/18/08 09:48 PM)

#328681 - 05/18/08 09:54 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Buy me dinner sometime and you'll find out.

coopdevil

#328683 - 05/18/08 10:01 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: RandomStranger]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
Originally Posted By: RandomStranger

coopdevil

I bought you dinner once and their were no vegetables to be seen. Just a hot dog with nacho cheese, bacon, and chili. I call BS!!!!! coopdevil
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is. --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: ARBEIT MACHT FREI SHITHEADS PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#328685 - 05/18/08 10:25 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Evil_Eve]
arewehavingfun Offline

Loc: CA
For myself, if I have a choice I certainly would choose a nice spring mix or baby spinach salad base with perhaps a few finely slivered carrots, good quality tomatoes, kalamata olives, button mushrooms, and small pieces of broccoli. I tend to go with oil and vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil (no feta in my salad though), or a balsamic or soemthing similar. If there is no other choice I may select French or Catalina (although I use these more as marinades rather than dressings).

For some reason I prefer to pair a nice salad with a dryer red wine rather than white (although that can change depending on what's available). I tend to drink more dessert wines anyways rather than pairing with a meal. I like meat so I often pair my meal with a fine beer or ale.

#328704 - 05/19/08 02:19 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: D. Macabre]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
That's the kind of salad dressing I like wink

#328711 - 05/19/08 05:07 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Quote:

I enjoy a fresh salad just before a hearty meal. My favorite type of dressing...Oil, and Vinegar. If available, I like honey added to the oil, for sweeteness and aroma. If I am at a restaurant, I often take notice of the salad dressing that others order, and then observe from there.

Care to share your favorite salad dressing?

HA! Good one!

#328715 - 05/19/08 06:15 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: RandomStranger]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: RandomStranger

coopdevil

You got it!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#328780 - 05/19/08 01:11 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Everyone better be sitting for this one.

Ranch dressing is my favorite. But, I prefer to dip my Porterhouse Steak in the ranch dressing. Who needs lettuce?? devilchili

Janet Marie<----------ducking from all the tomatoes that are flying my way! devilchili

#328811 - 05/19/08 03:46 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: MissMina1556]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
>>Ranch dressing is my favorite. But, I prefer to dip my Porterhouse Steak in the ranch dressing. Who needs lettuce??<<

You sound like a pure carnivore, Dear Lady.

My salad dressing depends mostly on my mood: from Bleu cheese, to creamy italian to oil and vinegar. NEVER any that is pink. If it has tomatoe byproducts, it does not go on my salad. I do eat tomatoes but not squashed ones. (there's a gross story behind this preference.)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12115 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements