Topic Options
#329091 - 05/20/08 07:28 PM witches and vampires
foreverlearning Offline

Is a successful witch also a psychic vampire?
For instance, a friend of mine has had a girlfriend for well over a year now. And for most of this time I have thought of her as a vampire and have tried to convince him that she is nothing but bad for him. He either can not or will not see it though, and their relationship has continued. She can, for the most part, get him to do pretty much anything for her. He seems to be on call 24/7 and seems to be almost required to see her every day. Because it is so obvious that she is a vampire to many friends and myself but not to him, it also leads me to consider her a successful witch.

#329092 - 05/20/08 07:49 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
How one would perceive this situation is purely based on personal interpretation.

There are a few directions one could see this:

1) She is a powerful witch.

OR

2) She is simply a bitch

OR

3) A Psychic Vampire to him if he was a Satanist.

As you are an outside party in the matter, I understand your concern as a friend, however, if this behaviour was affecting either individual, it is up to THEM to take appropriate action.

Why let somebody else's problems cause mental stress on you - no matter what the degree?

The more you let it get to you, the more 'enslaved' YOU get and the couple become the 'psychic vampires' in your life.

Nonetheless, I do understand the distinction you are trying to make as I have pondered the same in the past - good question smile

It might also be an idea to post this question in the "Questions about the CoS" section of this board.

HS!

Edited by noordenzuid (05/20/08 07:49 PM)

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#329094 - 05/20/08 08:01 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: Noordenzuid]
foreverlearning Offline

Originally Posted By: noordenzuid

The more you let it get to you, the more 'enslaved' YOU get and the couple become the 'psychic vampires' in your life.

Good point.
Originally Posted By: noordenzuid

Nonetheless, I do understand the distinction you are trying to make as I have pondered the same in the past - good question smile

Thank you.

I appreciate your input.

#329102 - 05/20/08 08:52 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
You are welcome.

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#329121 - 05/20/08 10:14 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: foreverlearning

I know what you mean, and I've heard others ask this question. Where does one draw the line between cleverly employing lesser magic for personal gain, and being a psychic vampire who is manipulating for personal gain?

I'd say the biggest notable difference is that a psychic vampire is a parasite. Parasites are, by definition, organisms that can't live without a host. And when you cut off a parasite from their host, they start acting wild because they know their own life is at stake. On the other hand, witches and warlocks have their own will and goals in mind. Manipulation of another human is a potential resource, not a goal in and of itself.

As for the case you mention here, obviously I don't know any of the details beyond what you wrote. But it does sound like the common workings of a psychic vampire. I'd be curious to see what would happen if man had some obvigations that required him not being available for 24 hours.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#329278 - 05/21/08 11:52 AM Re: witches and vampires [Re: Bill_M]
foreverlearning Offline

So, in this case, you are saying that a vampire would need him to get what she wants, as opposed to a witch who would use him to help get what she wants?

#329282 - 05/21/08 12:03 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
Lamia Nin Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The web's center
Whatever the case here; Is it not his choice?

I know I have had men that were not to my friends liking, yet it was my choice and I am now much wiser for said experiences.

Perhaps in either case of Witch or psychic vamp he should use his own Will to take Control of his circumstance and not be a Victim if that is indeed what is going on.

Otherwise I hope the ass is worth it! crossbones

#329286 - 05/21/08 12:08 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: Lamia Nin]
foreverlearning Offline

Originally Posted By: Lamia Nin
Whatever the case here; Is it not his choice?

It is...I just wish he made better choices smile

Perhaps in either case of Witch or psychic vamp he should use his own Will to take Control of his circumstance and not be a Victim if that is indeed what is going on.

Agreed.

Otherwise I hope the ass is worth it! crossbones

Not at all in my opinion smile

But I was really just using this as an example, I am not trying to solve my friend's problems, they are his. As you said, he needs to use his own will to do it.

#329292 - 05/21/08 12:24 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
Lamia Nin Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The web's center
Yes, I could see you used that as a an example to get at the issue.
It seems the issue is really about your ability to navigate yourself in the world you live in; if you are in a constant struggle of Will when it comes to others taking advantage of you, then Buck Up Man, take root of……. Some hair of…… light a candle and dance around to expel such parasites……..lol

Really these are things that a cunning person can see coming: Sink or Swim!

#329299 - 05/21/08 01:07 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
shadowraven213 Offline

If you care for your friend you should not interfere.

Nature takes its own course, if you cant see what will happen eventually then sit back and watch the show.

Just don't tell him you told him so, by that point there will be no doubt in his mind.

This is a hard lesson, and unfortunately there seems only one way to learn it.

For yourself.

No self-respecting Satanic Witch would completely destroy a person for personal gain, unless that is their objective in the first place.

If however hes fine with this then don't worry, some people are born masochists he might be really happy.

#329300 - 05/21/08 01:09 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: Bill_M]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: foreverlearning

I know what you mean, and I've heard others ask this question. Where does one draw the line between cleverly employing lesser magic for personal gain, and being a psychic vampire who is manipulating for personal gain?

I wonder if I may be presumptuous, and offer a couple of thoughts?

I think it would be a good bet that when lesser magic is at work, there is a kind of give and take. For instance, my wife and I knowingly use lesser magic on each other. There are days when I feel like being an ass. There are days when she wants to be a bitch. We wake up Saturday morning, and realize that we are going to be with each other for two whole days. Realizing that there are things we will want from each other, we greet each other cheerfully, use common manners (yes...we actually say "please" and "thank you"). We compliment each other and create a romantic air. We each manipulate each other, getting what we need. We both win.
The same goes for work. I am not pleasant because I feel pleasant. I will need things from them, so I grease the wheels.

I know some will call that common sense, and wonder why we call it magic; but, I have found very few who know how to pull it off.

Now, my mother-in-law is a psychic vampire. She never calls without bad news, cannot be relied upon and is incapable of coping without a pill, and a telephone. There is no reciprocity.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#329309 - 05/21/08 02:10 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: foreverlearning]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I think the short answer is that a psychic vampire may also be a witch, but not a Satanic witch; and that when she is being a psychic vampire, she is not being a witch.

First thing to bear in mind: As Rev. Bill suggests, we can make a distinction between "lesser magic" and "manipulation". Lesser magic is about giving people what they want, and making them feel good about doing what you want them to do (remember the species: Sex, Sentiment, Wonder). Manipulation is about withholding something that people need, and making them feel bad. Psychic vampires engage in emotional blackmail. That's not the same thing as lesser magic. Even if you want to describe lesser magic as "manipulation", it's a different KIND of manipulation than psychic vampirism.

That said, there's nothing to preclude the possibility that someone could use lesser magic on one occasion, and psychic vampirism the next.

Second thing to bear in mind: Just because someone uses what we call lesser magic, doesn't make them a Satanist. So a psychic vampire who also sometimes uses lesser magic would not necessarily be a Satanist.

Third thing to bear in mind: the Doktor says that a psychic vampire is a "qlippah", an empty and broken vessel devoid of any substance of its own and bereft of any positive joy in living. The psychic vampire exploits the weakness of others because she is herself weak, and does not derive any positive joy from it because she is fundamentally incapable of positive joy. Instead, she experiences the pathetic exultation of a weak thing stomping on a weaker thing. This is completely the opposite of what it means to be a Satanist: that implies taking a positive joy in existence, an absolute celebration of one's own personal strength without prejudice to the strength that you can recognize and respect in others.

Does this answer make sense?

#329362 - 05/21/08 07:15 PM Re: witches and vampires [Re: reprobate]
foreverlearning Offline

Yes it does, thank you.

Thank all of you for responding. This really helped clear some things up for me on the differences between the two.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements