Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#330612 - 05/27/08 03:35 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: son of death]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I think so, but you do have a way of stating things in a somewhat idealistic manner. So I'm not certain of what exactlly you are conveying. Sounds about right from what I interpreted though.

Here is a better loading video of the Battle at Kruger.

Enjoy the laws among animals. We are not so different, at all. We are what we are.

Edited by FalloutGod (05/27/08 03:50 PM)

#330617 - 05/27/08 04:05 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Scion]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I am not even sure if people could live without laws in a post-scarcity society. I think something within human beings would have to shift or change, because our inborn urge to protect and amass resources is tireless and insatiable. Because of how they're wired, human beings will often continue to fight for shelter, land, food, power, prestige, and sex, even when they have "enough," and sometimes, even to the point of causing themselves harm or unhappiness!

And, humans will never stop being animals, technically, unless they somehow evolve into, say, fungi. wink

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#330650 - 05/27/08 06:32 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: ]
son of death Offline

Thank you all for your responses.

#330712 - 05/28/08 01:34 AM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: son of death]
Loupy Offline
Banned

I know you've said you've never claimed to be a Satanist, but you would agree with the philosophy otherwise you wouldn't be here, right?

I personally do not see how a Satanist could be a leftist at all, much less one of extreme left ideals -- because leftists stand for the benefit of the majorities and they'd likely cringe upon hearing the word individualism as if it was always necessarily a privilege only available to those of high social status.

And on that note, how would you feel if a bunch of bums broke into your house, stole everything you've worked for to own, raped your girlfriend and left you there with absolutely nothing?

Because that's what would happen if in this day and age governments simply ceased to be.

We, human beings as a pack called society need rules, while we as individuals do not need to be censored to the degree we are these days, however.

#330725 - 05/28/08 03:15 AM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Loupy]
Zardex Offline

I think that in politics it is common that many people have their own varying opinions on what so and so party really stands for.
Lacking measurable truths it's hard to be truly left or right.

#330730 - 05/28/08 03:52 AM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Loupy]
son of death Offline

I agree with a lot of different philosophies that contradict each other. For example: I have an idea that Lex Talionis is the most logical form of punishment, but I distrust our current justice system and therefore would not advocate the adoption of it without major modification to the process.

I've considered myself an Anarchist for the last 15 years, based purely on my views of individuality & sentience. That seemed to be the ideal state for Lex Talionis. And the Bush administration has only cemented my distrust in the ruling "moral majority". But I've never considered it the final goal, only one circuit in a bigger machine.

I've realized that it would be more valuable to reorganize my idealism into goal-oriented realism. That condition could still have a temporary state of Anarchy were it necessary to birth change, but that's where I ended my theorizing before. I mean, whatever it takes to displace the current ruling fucktards. You don't have to be leftist to see the flaws in the process that elected them.

Regardless of the system in place, if anyone were to do that to me I'd become Martin Riggs. Or Frank Castle.

Now THAT's idealistic!

#330912 - 05/28/08 05:25 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Loupy]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
I personally do not see how a Satanist could be a leftist at all, much less one of extreme left ideals -- because leftists stand for the benefit of the majorities and they'd likely cringe upon hearing the word individualism as if it was always necessarily a privilege only available to those of high social status.

Why does that come up so often in a religion of individualists?

Why is there such marked solipsism when it comes to Satanists and politics?

I don't have more of an answer than this: Satanists, as individuals who champion their own self-preservation while maintaining the hallmark of individuality will no doubt have as many different ideas as to what DOES promote self-preservation as there are individual Satanists. More clearly, assuming that your view of what is self-preservation will be politically echoed by all Satanists is presumptuous in the extreme.

There are liberals, conservatives, progressives, nationalists, YOU friggin' name it, in this organization. Each one utterly Satanic.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#331073 - 05/29/08 02:58 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Ygraine]
Loupy Offline
Banned

I don't really know a Hell of a lot about politics, so when I think of left parties the first thing that comes to mind is communism and when I hear a leftist politician speak I detect communist ideals, even when they are not extremists.

Giving a second thought, I can see how a Satanist could be a leftist actually, as for instance when whatever benefits the majority would also benefit them, but at first thought I just tend to think that those occasions would be rarer as I see a lot more room for individualism & merit in the right parties.

But again, I could never be bothered to educate myself much on the subject of politics, so don't take my opinion too seriously, it can change when I get a little more informed or when I'm brought to ponder - such as was the case.

#344455 - 08/07/08 11:07 AM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Loupy]
Pirate Offline

I apologize for pulling an old topic to the top of the list but I feel that this issue needs to be addressed. I've been censored several times here in the forums. I'm not bitching, just noting. I would like to think this is the one forum on the internet that would welcome sensitive topics. Whenever I see my posts disappear I get the feeling that I touched a nerve and perhaps ellicited shame? What is it? I thought Satanists would never be afraid to address the deep topics. It feels like we're playing flag hockey. A contradiction in terms.

Anyways, I hate censorship and I thumb my nose at the people with big blackout sharpees in their hands. So here is a harmless non-threatening dancing neutered chili that never offends anyone.
devilchili

#344458 - 08/07/08 11:24 AM A few fallacies in what you're saying, as I see it. [Re: Pirate]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Originally Posted By: Pirate
I would like to think this is the one forum on the internet that would welcome sensitive topics.

Sensitive to whom?

Quote:
Whenever I see my posts disappear I get the feeling that I touched a nerve and perhaps ellicited shame?

Or you just posted it in the wrong place, or you posted it in the best place accessible then it got moved to a more appropriate forum Downstairs, or the post broke some kind of board rules, or it wandered into territory that could cause problems for the board owner or the CoS by extension, or maybe a moderator just had too many coffees this morning and got a little trigger-happy.

At the end of the day, you won't always know why your post was deleted, and in the end, it really doesn't matter. It's gone now. Move on.

Quote:
What is it? I thought Satanists would never be afraid to address the deep topics.

Address them? Yes. Flaunt them before the public? Sometimes, perhaps, but not always. And sometimes, the topic simply wasn't nearly as deep as the poster thought it was, and got deleted because it just came across as silly or superfluous or somesuch.

Quote:
Anyways, I hate censorship and I thumb my nose at the people with big blackout sharpees in their hands.

Too bad. Might is right. This is Magister Ventrue's place, and he and his moderators (who act according to his guidelines), rule the roost. If you feel this is an issue, do be mindful of the Eighth Satanic Law of the Earth.

#344460 - 08/07/08 11:39 AM Re: A few fallacies in what you're saying, as I see it. [Re: Pirate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I apologize for pulling an old topic to the top of the list but I feel that this issue needs to be addressed. I've been censored several times here in the forums. I'm not bitching, just noting. I would like to think this is the one forum on the internet that would welcome sensitive topics. Whenever I see my posts disappear I get the feeling that I touched a nerve and perhaps ellicited shame? What is it? I thought Satanists would never be afraid to address the deep topics. It feels like we're playing flag hockey. A contradiction in terms.

Anyways, I hate censorship and I thumb my nose at the people with big blackout sharpees in their hands. So here is a harmless non-threatening dancing neutered chili that never offends anyone.
devilchili

Don't assume because a topic is deleted that we are "afraid" of it.

Chances are it was deleted for being a stupid subject that has been discussed to death, or something equally stupid intended to be a loophole for idiots to defend something illegal.

Most people trying to be edgy or provocative are only repeating what a thousand people before them have posted in their equally uninteresting attempts to be edgy or provocative.

We have been around for a long time and have seen and heard it all before.

If you don't like how this forum is operated, leave.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#344475 - 08/07/08 01:01 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Pirate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
1) This site is open for all to read. It is also a place where some look to see what is going on in the Church of Satan (which is not, from what I know, it's purpose). That fact alone may alleviate some confusion.

2) Censorship gets a bad rap. In fact, if I had the ability to delete every stupid thing I hear on any given day, I would do it.

3) It is an interesting fact that the person who began this thread is no longer here.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#344489 - 08/07/08 02:54 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Pirate]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I apologize for pulling an old topic to the top of the list but I feel that this issue needs to be addressed. I've been censored several times here in the forums. I'm not bitching, just noting. I would like to think this is the one forum on the internet that would welcome sensitive topics.

When other people invite you into their homes, do you also feel the need to point out to them how they don't live up to your standards?

Personally I find it a great privledge that a religion that does not see the need to be all-inclusive lets non-members hang around and learn - and much can be learned by taking the time to read through past subjects and see why other members are no longer here.

If you feel that you have been unfairly censored, isn't the really something that you need to take up with Magister Ventrue in a private message - I'm sure that he and his moderators have good reason for their actions (or the ability to see if something wrong was done). I'm also pretty sure that a Satanic website is not the place where policy is decided by what non-members feel entitled to in the public forum.

There is no need to use such broad strokes to paint yourself as a victim - get specific and take it up with those who have the ability to do something about it.

#344495 - 08/07/08 04:08 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: verszou]
Pirate Offline

The issue isn't me as a "victim" the issue is that anything that may cause heated debate is flagged and erased. The only victims are the people who cannot grease those brain sprockets because nothing intellectually stimulating ever gets posted.

#344496 - 08/07/08 04:20 PM Re: Censorship - Where To Draw The Line [Re: Pirate]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:
The only victims are the people who cannot grease those brain sprockets because nothing intellectually stimulating ever gets posted.

Because this is the only place they're going to find any intellectual stimulation....?

Because you're the one who's going to bring it to them...?

Maybe there are some people who, when they want to know what the issues of the day are, come onto these forums. The rest of us read books. We come on LttD for something else.

Edited by reprobate (08/07/08 04:20 PM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44454 Topics
407335 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold