Topic Options
#331902 - 06/03/08 03:27 PM Since the removal of the introduction forums
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I just wanted to comment that I believe the forum has become a better place for the removal of the introduction forums. Whilst I think I understand the intent behind requiring people to introduce themselves, it required people to declare things quite early on that maybe with a little time and thought they may not have done within a mere seven days of registering. At the same time it meant that any Tom, Dick or lobotomy victim who wanted to check the forum out was required to post something rather than lurk in the background, which often precipitated rock-throwing contests from other forum members and civilian policing (whereas now I'm sure a lot of people register, read and stay quiet).

I would make the point that I think this forum is very well moderated and the welcome people receive is nearly always appropriate to the behaviour they display, but I'm sure this slackening off of new posts and users to police has made the mods' lives easier too.

Anyway, just my two cents. This is a great forum and I, like many others I'm sure, have found it invaluable to my development and education in my ongoing application of Satanism to my life (as well as a fun place to hang out and enjoy like-minded company too).

Hail Satan!

Hail LTTD!

Hail Magister Ventrue!

Hail the glorious mods! wink

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#332002 - 06/04/08 03:37 AM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Scion]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I agree fully, although I still do enjoy reading a well-made introduction every now and then.

I wish I saved some that were in the old introduction forum, along with my own.

Oh well.

Undercroft

#337273 - 06/29/08 06:43 PM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Scion]
LadyOwl Offline

Well, first of all, I SHALL introduce myself here, as I am of course a new member, but certainly not new to the workings of message boards, forums, etc.
I'm sure I'll have "something" or two to reveal about myself if I so choose to in the future. Looking forward to it, in fact.

For now, Mag. Ventrue's LTTD site caught my eye, as I was reading up on the CoS official Website. I do on occasion visit the site, to see if there is anything to catch my eye I might have missed, or simply to read it for the sake of giving the area of my brain that is used for reading and processing information something to do worthwhile now and then, by reading something intelligent, and thought provoking.
Oh, of course I know there is plenty out there, but atm, I simply went through my occult bookmarks on IE, and as I scanned through the CoS site, I happened to find myself here.
Coincidence? I seriously doubt it. Usually, when I come across a forum, there is ALWAYS someone I am meant to meet, who for whatever reason seems to fit into one of the pegs in my life...
Granted, I did say USUALLY. Therefore, I must emphasize I certainly do not believe in the concept of predestination, any more than I believe in the "Will of ..." enter name of Deity here.

Well, I know it's not much to start with, but as the author of the post I am replying to said very wisely, it's a good idea to just stand back and watch for awhile, before you walk out blindly, spouting off your name, address, and throwing your dog-tags to the first good looking stranger that you see.

Well, before I put everyone to sleep here, I suppose I'll swoop back into the darkness where I'm most comfortable, and watch and....watch some more.

#337634 - 07/02/08 02:35 AM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Darkahn]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I agree fully, although I still do enjoy reading a well-made introduction every now and then.<<

Those with the courtesy, temerity and class still make them in the general forum.

It doesn't happen very often. But it does occasionally. It is worthy of note that since the removal of mandatory introductions those that do so of their own accord have been of better esteemed character.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#337742 - 07/02/08 02:23 PM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley

Those with the courtesy, temerity and class still make them in the general forum.

It doesn't happen very often. But it does occasionally. It is worthy of note that since the removal of mandatory introductions those that do so of their own accord have been of better esteemed character.

Greetings Reverend,

Speaking from a new outsiders point of view, I didn't make one as it appeared by the tenor of the thread about them that they are something no longer desired by folks here. To me, it seemed that it would be presumptious of me to make one in light of board policy negating the necessity of them.

#337751 - 07/02/08 02:54 PM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Fnord]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Skullfarmer...I cannot say that I have read every word of every post you have written; but, from what I have read, you have already revealed more than many were able to accomplish when introductions were mandatory. I have rather enjoyed reading them. Welcome aboard.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#337759 - 07/02/08 03:33 PM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Thank you sir, your kind words are much appreciated and the sentiment is most definitely reciprocated. I've really enjoyed your essays and the care that you use when crafting your thoughts. Your 'Absolute Truth' essay, in particular led me down a few avenues I had yet to explore so, while I have your ear, I do thank you for posting your thoughts on that particular subject.

#337816 - 07/02/08 08:10 PM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
LadyOwl Offline

[quote=WhiskeyBickley...It is worthy of note that since the removal of mandatory introductions those that do so of their own accord have been of better esteemed character.
[/quote]

I myself would like to think so. After all, it is why I did it.

Since I saw no other place in the Forum here to post anything, I thought it best to post it here, where the subject itself was still burning embers.

#337924 - 07/03/08 08:26 AM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Fnord]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I appreciate that.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#337944 - 07/03/08 11:34 AM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
JayJay Offline

Loc: Australia
As a new member, I feel a sense of relief about not having to post an introduction. I see alot of judgment throughout the Internet and, while that doesn't necessarily bother me (as I possess the magical force to switch off my computer and walk away), I feel alot of the time many are too quick to judge one based on an introduction.

After all, not everyone is good at making an introduction - including myself, much too my dismay. So I personally like the idea. So long as nobody comes in prancing around claiming to own the place, I'm fine with it.

#339176 - 07/09/08 08:40 AM Re: Since the removal of the introduction forums [Re: JayJay]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
I would have to agree with JayJay. I am also a new member and I am quite relieved that introducing oneself is no longer mandatory. If there's one thing I am not good at, it's introducing myself, and most of the time it turns out to be a "facebookian" kind of introduction. Not good.

I also agree that people are quick to judge introductions negatively, whilst I don't think they actually say a lot about a person. If you are really bad at it, you give people the wrong idea and make a really bad start. Posting, on the other hand and reading the person's words can indeed give you more of an idea what kind of person the member is. The fact remains that this is still the internet and written words are often "victims" of misinterpretation. I guess it pays off to remain objective in such cases and ask the person exactly what he/she means.

Also browsing through the old topics, I've seen that a lot of people were banned for all the right reasons, and even without introductions, the great mods here are still capable of filtering out the people that don't belong here.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43921 Topics
405743 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements