Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#333013 - 06/09/08 08:01 PM Self Conscience vs. laws
Happy Birthday LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
It was during work hours when I found myself thinking about meaning of right and wrong. What you may think of as wrong may not be considered "wrong" to someone els. If a serial killer thinks that his desires of killing others for no reason is right but everyone els thinks that it is wrong, it rules out the concept of right and wrong as a universal law. If you break the laws of your country because you don't believe it is wrong, then where is the wrong in that? If we are to create our own world, universe, heaven or hell here and now then our sense of right and wrong are also created by us. I live in Tennessee, and there is a law stating that I cannot drive a car while being barefoot. I personally don't believe it is wrong driving a car barefoot. I only have two choices; first I will either drive barefoot and just make sure I don't get busted or second, I conform to the laws of other men. Conforming is conforming no matter which way you put it. The point I am trying to get is this; You MUST conform to your nation's laws in order to have a peaceful life, however your feelings to some laws contradict and therefore creates a situation of conflict. How then are you to be able to naturally live the way you see fit if laws bind you from things you do not think of as wrong? Thank you for returning your opinions and thoughts to this, Hail Satan!

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#333018 - 06/09/08 08:30 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
All though in honest I view your entry as a 'baiting' question, I will say this:

First off, it did give Me a chuckle that it's against the law to drive barefoot in TN. of all places, but I digress.

If you have a law in your State that you do not agree with then try and do something about it. Try to get it overturned. Start a petition and get the signatures of others who also wish to drive barefoot.

Why you would want to drive with no shoes on is a mystery to Me which again, leads Me to think that your question is that of a 'baiting' one.

If you don't like the law, do something. Actions produce results. OR move.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#333019 - 06/09/08 08:31 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I see that deleting your post was too subtle a response to this twaddle. Evidently you think when a moderator removes a post it must be an error.

Since you are obviously too slow to comprehend why you post was offensive to any legitimate Satanist and would prefer to have it critiqued, I am going to oblige you.

"It was during work hours when I found myself thinking about meaning of right and wrong. What you may think of as wrong may not be considered "wrong" to someone els."

This is called relativism.

Congratulations on figuring out this brand spanking new concept which is as old as humanity. We can only hope your epiphany at work didn't burn someone's fries.

"If a serial killer thinks that his desires of killing others for no reason is right but everyone els thinks that it is wrong, it rules out the concept of right and wrong as a universal law."

It does no such thing. It only rules out that the serial killer is mentally healthy.

Universal laws are those which enable humanity to move forward. They are not morals, or ways to polish good guy badges. They are the things that allow our species to live and create instead of every second being about survival.

"If you break the laws of your country because you don't believe it is wrong, then where is the wrong in that? "

Incarceration leaps to mind.

Breaking the social contract that prevents me from killing you and in effect prevents you from killing me is another factor.

Moreover there are ways to remedy said problem. Either move or work within an established system to change the law you disagree with.

"f we are to create our own world, universe, heaven or hell here and now then our sense of right and wrong are also created by us."

Lemme know how that creating your own world thing works for you.

Satanism is about what IS, not what should be.

"I live in Tennessee, and there is a law stating that I cannot drive a car while being barefoot. I personally don't believe it is wrong driving a car barefoot. I only have two choices; first I will either drive barefoot and just make sure I don't get busted or second, I conform to the laws of other men."

Yeah, whatta nightmare!

There are plenty of stupid laws. Almost as many as stupid people who actually feel victimized by them.

"Conforming is conforming no matter which way you put it. The point I am trying to get is this; You MUST conform to your nation's laws in order to have a peaceful life, however your feelings to some laws contradict and therefore creates a situation of conflict"

Conflict is the engine of creation. Conflict brings about change.

Conformity is not a problem in and of itself. It is only a problem if it is a denial of self--which is what you are saying. You do not wish to conform to the barefoot law. Well, as a church we have to say that we do not condone illegal activity. As an individual I say that you can choose to break that law and pay the consequences. As me, I say, are you fucking kidding? Your revelations on relativism and conformity are about your footwear?

"How then are you to be able to naturally live the way you see fit if laws bind you from things you do not think of as wrong? Thank you for returning your opinions and thoughts to this, Hail Satan!"

Easy.
My indulgent life depends upon my freedom. It also depends on others following the social contract and not impeding me. If I must sacrifice some things in order to enjoy the bounty life has to offer, I am not so immature as to resent it.

When a law is not to my liking I use legal means to try to remedy them.

It is more important for me to be able to live happily than to sweat the small stuff.

Now, fyi, DO NOT re-post posts that have been moved or deleted.

Here we have rules that demand conformity. Consider this forum one big shoe, and the moderators ticket happy cops.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#333022 - 06/09/08 08:55 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I have no comment about the issue of following the law.
Magistra Ygraine covered that base...again.

I would like to address this, however: Nonconformity.
Satanism in not a religion of nonconformity. It is a religion of individualism.
Nonconformity is the refusal to live up to, or by, set standards.
Individualism is setting your own standards, and living by them.
The two are miles apart, and have nothing to do with each other.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#333058 - 06/09/08 11:36 PM Bare the Legality! [Re: LordofDarkness]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
The power of the interWeb has given us the answer! All hail the interWeb!

It is not illegal to drive barefoot in any state!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_illegal_to_drive_a_vehicle_barefooted

The Power of GOOGLE!!!:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGIH&q=Barefoot+driving+illegal+in+TN%3F&start=10&sa=N

No laws against driving barefoot:
http://tafkac.org/legal/driving.barefoot...

Driving barefoot not unsafe:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/TS...
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story...

Have fun barefoot crazy driver.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#333068 - 06/10/08 12:00 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: Discipline]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:
It is not illegal to drive barefoot in any state!

I was just about to post this very information!

And why do I know this particular bit of trivia?

I'm one of the few remaining enthusiasts of the Ancient Art of the Stickshift, so a number of my friends have come to me seeking to learn the arcane Ways Of The Clutch.

And for those who just can't seem to develop a feel for the clutch pedal, I suggest an unusual method -- try it barefoot. Call me crazy, but it works. The position of the pedals is much more tactile and immediate, and it generally doesn't take long for clutchwork to "click" in the learner's mind, at which point they can put their shoes back on and then generally do much better than before.

Strange but true.

-Chess

#333074 - 06/10/08 12:14 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: Chess]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I have been driving manuals all my life and refuse to buy an automatic. But still have never driven barefoot.

Of course I don't teach people to drive a stick because I figure it is an art that I wish to keep to myself. coopdevil

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#333077 - 06/10/08 12:40 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: Discipline]
Traveller Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I believe the LordOfDarkness deserves points for his post. Skillfully done, great misdirection, great way to ask a question and yet avoid a fiery pit.

#333132 - 06/10/08 09:10 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: Traveller]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Traveller
Skillfully done, great misdirection, great way to ask a question and yet avoid a fiery pit.

No.

Blatantly transparent agenda, fastidiously obvious, 100% un-Satanic, slowly simmering while oblivious to the fact that he is being consumed by the fiery pit.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#333314 - 06/11/08 07:06 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
CoS Member

First, I apologize for re-posting. I didn't look hard enough as I thought or assumed that my post just didn't go through.
secondly, I will be more wise next time to not believe my family as easily about such laws. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. As for the "driving barefoot" law that I now know doesn't exist. It was to bring the focus on laws that are just plain ridiculous. I'll study first before I'll post here next time.

Edited by LordOfDarkness (06/11/08 07:31 AM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#333318 - 06/11/08 07:29 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: Discipline]
CoS Member

Never again would I listen to my family as easily about this subject. Apparently they have told me inaccurate information. Thank you for the correction on this error Dicipline.

#333326 - 06/11/08 08:48 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Just curious---now that we've worked out the barefoot thing---care to embellish on your supporting relativism in regards to serial killers?

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#333329 - 06/11/08 08:54 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: LordofDarkness]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

You take people on their word?

If I did that I would be full of inaccurate and false information.

#333348 - 06/11/08 10:25 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Laws are written for one reason, usually people have engaged in an act and it didn't turn out well, for them or others.

Whether you can justify breaking a law or not it isn't a good idea since it can cost you a lot of time and money, why would you do that to yourself?

While driving barefoot may not be illegal, I don't think it is an altogether good idea-just in case you have an accident.
Be prepared.

I love driving stick, it is an art and it was quite the sight to see me learning! Vroom, rrr, vrroom, rrr staall!

#333380 - 06/11/08 04:42 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

Satanism is unambiguous and coherent.

Your confusuion is unwarrented.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements