Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#333465 - 06/11/08 11:45 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
shadowraven213 Offline

In the UK

It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.

So its completely legal if the third person joins in then. smile

In the city of York apparently it is still completely legal to kill a Scotsman with a bow and arrow except on a Sunday but only if you spot him within the city walls after dark.

Somehow I very much doubt that would save you from prosecution however.

#333476 - 06/12/08 01:57 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: Focalor]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Focalor
Oooooooh. OF COURSE!!!! So THAT'S why all the NASCAR drivers are barefooted!

No, they're barefoot because they are a bunch of hillbilly rednecks.
Oh, excuse me, that's the people who pay $700 to drive their Rvs to the track to sit inside and watch the race. (I don't see the logic in that.)
But, then, I'm a redneck who has NEVER watched a NASCAR race in my life.

#333477 - 06/12/08 02:02 AM Re: Bare the Legality! [Re: LordofDarkness]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness
DMV

Those 3 letters should have told you these people didn't know what they were talking about. After all, they don't hire the most intelligent people to work in those offices, in any state.

#333478 - 06/12/08 02:06 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: LordofDarkness]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

I think you will find that most of the laws listed on that site are laws that are no longer enforced.
(Except, maybe, the one in Chino, CA, that will get you a $50 for detonating a nuclear device in downtown Chino.) eek

#333498 - 06/12/08 06:51 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: shadowraven213]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
In the UK

It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.

Nitpick

Not since the introduction of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, which removed all gender-specific descriptions in relation to sexual acts or crimes.

/Nitpick

Your point about killing Scotsmen stands however. wink

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#333499 - 06/12/08 06:52 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: Focalor]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I can see what your saying, but how do you explain driving barefoot, and moving your feet from left to right and not trying to kick through the flooring, engine, and chassis with your big toe? wink I love the humor this topic is bringing.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#333500 - 06/12/08 06:56 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: DCLXVI]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: DCLXVI

But, then, I'm a redneck who has NEVER watched a NASCAR race in my life.

shocked That is unbelievable! You don't want to be down here where I live. Everwhere I turn there's either a christian extremist, a redneck drinking beer with the heavy southern accent going on, or both.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#333504 - 06/12/08 07:14 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: DCLXVI]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: DCLXVI
I think you will find that most of the laws listed on that site are laws that are no longer enforced.
(Except, maybe, the one in Chino, CA, that will get you a $50 for detonating a nuclear device in downtown Chino.) eek

The page did say some of them are not but I do know this; that law in Tennessee that I mentioned earlier is still in effect here only because people here think it is immoral. Most of these people are christian extremist. I could find maybe one buddhist and maybe a hindu if I'm lucky.

#333518 - 06/12/08 08:57 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: TheRatsInTheWall]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
It's just not always the case. Not all laws should be followed simply because they're passed. Only the intelligent laws and the easily enforced should be followed.

Yes, the "Sorry, your Honor, that was a stupid, uneasily enforced law that did not require my compliance" defense has worked so well.

Why are so many people so fucking stupid?

Do the posters here really think that we are so naive as to think that some laws are so archaic that they aren't broken daily with little or no consequence?

Do the posters think we can't distinguish between jaywalking and murder?

Do the posters think none of us have ever broken the speed limit?

Let's try this again for the perpetually slow:

The Church of Satan, as an organization, does not condone any illegal activity.

This forum, recognized as a forum utilized primarily for Church of Satan members and those who claim to follow the tenets of Satanism, must not condone illegal behavior.

Individuals will do as they will, and should be confident that they are capable of paying the price.

Laws that offend can be re-legislated.

People can move to friendlier pastures.

Keeping one's yap shut reduces exposing others to the knowledge of law-breaking.

Simply believing a law doesn't apply to you is called sociopathy.

Bragging about your disdain for the law is called stupidity.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#333520 - 06/12/08 09:14 AM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: Scion]
shadowraven213 Offline

So what your saying is that its now illegal for two adults to have sex in the same house as a third person?

I think I will invite a couple of friends round this weekend.

#333568 - 06/12/08 02:09 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: shadowraven213]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
grin

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#333569 - 06/12/08 02:12 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: shadowraven213]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
I think I will invite a couple of friends round this weekend.

Is this what is mean by a third party? smile

#333605 - 06/12/08 06:20 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: Ygraine]
son of death Offline

Originally Posted By: Ygraine
[quote]

People can move to friendlier pastures.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

#333607 - 06/12/08 06:53 PM Re: Self Conscience vs. laws [Re: son of death]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
Originally Posted By: son of death
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/