Topic Options
#333540 - 06/12/08 11:06 AM Those Who Forget The Past
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
It has been a little less than a year since I received the famed Red Card. I realized I was a Satanist about 2 years before that, after reading The Satanic Bible. I was not a member of the CoS during the Satanic Panic.

I do remember it. In fact, I had one youth tell me that his mother performed a ritual and sold his soul to Satan. Of course, the story was rubbish.

My guess is that anyone who has Magister/Magistra status lived through those times as active members.

The Satanic panic was allowed to take hold because of basic misunderstandings about what Satanism is all about. Even when it was explained, the answer was twisted. Even now, anyone can do a simple Google search and find quotes from Magus Gilmore and Magus LaVey, with commentary proving that they advocated violence, a literal Satan and all manner of idiocy. Again, utter nonsense.

My point is this...for some, it is tempting to try to prove something by giving intellectual sophistry, resulting in proclamation we are special, and can therefore determine when we will, or will not, obey the law. If I had a dollar for every time someone used our own doctrines to share with us that we are free to get high, or break some other law, or otherwise thumbing the nose at law and order via print in a medium that can last virtually forever, you could call me Bill Gates. Rubbish...and a sign one isn't getting it.

Please, save it. If anyone truly believes that law enforcement is impressed by how nuanced we are, they have another thing coming. There are many fronts searching for reasons to make our lives miserable. History can, and does, repeat itself.

I see the words "True Satanist" pretty much every day here. I doubt many know what that means. A true Satanist does not tie his own noose...and does what they can to cause grief for their "satanic community".

Stop it!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#333547 - 06/12/08 11:55 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
If I had a Satanic Silver Star to pin on anyone; it would not be pinned on the dipshits out breaking the law and claiming to be "satanists," it would be pinned on the Cops who bust them and send them to prison.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#333600 - 06/12/08 05:48 PM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Focalor Offline

I don't often discuss religion with people, it's so boring. The few times I have, I find I've met a "well read" numbnuts such as this...

"It's written in the Satanic Bible, 'Do what thou wilt'! That means you think you can do whatever you want and get away with it!"

Ah, foolish human. You're so stupid and easily confused, it's almost cute.

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#333647 - 06/12/08 11:23 PM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Focalor]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
I second Magister Svengali's position. All to often miscreants try to use our religion which may advocate indulgence as an excuse to lose control. They tend to forget the "NOT Compulsion" aspect of the equation. Thus try to excuse themselves from the law. Of course these selective readers are the same who try to find a statement giving the "freedom" to do what they want in any religion or philosophy. Idiots at worst, chalk outlines at best.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#333663 - 06/13/08 02:04 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Satanists seek to further and foster cultures of their own tastes, not destroy culture under the banner of rebellious, angst-ridden whims.

Any person who claims to be Satanist, but yet is entrenched in "rebelling" and breaking the law cannot possibly expect to be taken seriously, other than by law enforcement who will fix their attitude they have about life.

Once a person realizes that they need to work with, instead of against the elements of life, then they can begin to create and indulge in the best things that life has to offer.

#333724 - 06/13/08 11:18 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
The Satanic Panic. Oh, what memories.

Quote:
The Satanic panic was allowed to take hold because of basic misunderstandings about what Satanism is all about. Even when it was explained, the answer was twisted.

It also didn't help that there were countless idiots running around playing the 'evil devil worshiper' role. The inverted cross wearing, "heavy metal is my life" morons. The jackasses who went around screaming "jesus sucks!", and writing 666 everywhere.

They were also the ones who always complained about everybody reacting in a negative manner towards them. Of course, none of these rocket scientists could ever figure out why.

And yet, some people I know still wonder why I wasn't so quick to reveal my religious affiliation back then.
crossbones

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#333727 - 06/13/08 11:35 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
shadowraven213 Offline

I agree, these people forget the one true law that of nature.

It is unnatural to want your freedom taken from you why is that so hard for some to figure out?

Self preservation is the highest law, because it is natural to protect yourself and not put yourself in harms way unnecessarily.

It is an act of stupidity not to "obey" this law but the point that people miss when criticizing Satanism is that it is very natural for a Satanist to obey this law and thus very Satanic.

Natural law is stronger than mans laws Satanists have learned to use this to our advantage without forgetting that mans law has the power to take our freedom, these "free thinkers" are just trying to subvert nature and bend it to their will just as Christianity has done for hundreds of years.

Satanists work with mans nature to bend the world to our will.

#334024 - 06/15/08 01:42 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Svengali]
Perseus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Svengali
If I had a Satanic Silver Star to pin on anyone; it would not be pinned on the dipshits out breaking the law and claiming to be "satanists," it would be pinned on the Cops who bust them and send them to prison.

You sum it up quite nicely dear sir !

#334305 - 06/16/08 10:56 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Svengali]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Svengali

Absolutely!

Because the written word can lead to misunderstandings...this quote: "There are many fronts searching for reasons to make our lives miserable."...does NOT refer to law enforcement. In fact, the front leading the pack in trying to screw things up are the idiots who insist they know what Satanism is, and don't.

Edited by Roho_the_Rooster (06/16/08 02:43 PM)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#335475 - 06/22/08 01:09 AM Re: Those Who Forget The Past [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
AlZuben Offline
Banned Douchebag

Loc: Washington DC
christians were persecuted....then they got in power...what was the first thing they did? They banned all other religions in Rome. Didn't take them long to sell out.

Jews were persecuted in Germany...among other places. Look at how they treat the Palestineans today.

I've been here an hour...and I've encountered some pretty nasty and ignorant prejudices....that have only demonstrated that those offenders never too the time to understand what they were judging.

don't you just love a good irony?

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404139 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements