Topic Options
#33540 - 03/29/04 12:07 PM LttD "Associate" title
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Just an observation, but the title "LttD Associate" on my first sighting, implied that the person in question was actually associated in some way other than simply being a member of the LttD message board.

It may perhaps cause unwanted confusion with those that can't find their way to the FAQ's.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#33541 - 03/29/04 02:50 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Bedlam]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
If they can't find the faqs their very confused anyway sir.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#33542 - 04/08/04 07:02 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Bedlam]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been curious as to at what levels your title changes. Then I quit being lazy and read the FAQ figuring that it would be on there. Although I could have sworn I saw someone with around 6000 posts and still only the title of Arch Fiend II and not expert. Maybe it was because I don't have my contacts in and I didn't read it correctly or maybe it was because it was a few weeks back but have the titles changed since the FAQ by any chance?

DatheR

#33543 - 04/08/04 07:09 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

As of this writing, the only person with anything remotely near 6000 posts is TrojZyr, who is still a few posts shy of that number; her title is CoS Member.

#33544 - 04/10/04 12:14 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Bedlam]
Abbott Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Atlantic City,NJ
The only title I can't figure out is why I am not shown as a CoS Member, even though I have downstairs access and an orange name. I looked at FAQs, all past post in just about every section and tried many, many searches. I wondered if it was only Active membership that earns the right? I don't care how many posts I make as long as they are not idiotic and make me look like more of a fool than I already appear! Just an observation.

#33545 - 04/14/04 01:03 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Indeed, that is very true.

I was referring to the possiblity of people accessing the site and potentially receiving ill-infomed information or opinions from a person they mistakenly believe to be in some way associated "officially" (other than simply being a member) with Lttd, Reverend Ventrue (even perhaps the CoS). That "information" may then be passed on in the mistaken belief that it is from an "official" source...etc

Not a big deal. Just an observation. (I'm one of life's worriers )I'm bloody sure it wouldn't be the first (nor last) time the CoS would be misrepresented by a person blessed with ignorance of the facts!

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#33546 - 04/15/04 12:17 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Abbott]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

The only title I can't figure out is why I am not shown as a CoS Member, even though I have downstairs access and an orange name.

I've been thinking the same thing.

#33547 - 04/15/04 01:29 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: RustySpring]
Abbott Offline
CoS Member

I sent a PM to the Moderator, so don't bother him with more questions, I hold the title of stupid question bearer, I think. I'll post when I get a reply and share any findings on this. Even though I hate to sound like an idiot for inquiring on a topic that's been beaten to death, but curiousity overcomes my best judgements at times. Just seems strange why you have access and are a citizen, that's all I care about... more than how much I ramble on this forum!!!

#33548 - 04/15/04 02:01 PM Re: LttD "Associate" title [Re: Abbott]
Abbott Offline
CoS Member

As you can see by this post, my honor has been defended, thanks to those whose eyes see and fingers work magic. Many thanks to the powers unseen.

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements