Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#336740 - 06/26/08 07:20 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
bludgeon213 Offline

Loc: London - UK
I think that it's a matter of as we brits say 'Horses for Courses', Regarding belief in Supernatural events or hauntings.

I personally know a family who own who an estate that dates back to the doomsday period in history, and this manor is deemed to have alot of history behind it and is widely regarded to be haunted.......
check out the link if you wish to see where im talking about.
www.creekseaplace.co.uk

My mother swears blindly to this day that she feels a presence every single time she goes into this place, but I have never felt any such thing inside the house or estate. (To me its just an amazing building that im hoping to get married in sometime soon!) :0)>
She believes in the paranormal, and I do not..........
The mind is a powerfull tool that we know very little about, Your mind controlls you without you even knowing it sometimes.
Until im confronted by a ghost/spectre or god himself I refuse to believe in something I cannot touch or see with my own eyes.

Great post though and its interesting to know what some of you people think on this subject.

#336979 - 06/28/08 01:25 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Abudallat Offline

Loc: Toronto
Sure why not? Satanists come from a variety of backgrounds and contribute their own piece to the picture of Satan. Some Satanists beleive Satan is a real entity and have reasons to calim him worhsip-worthy. Thiestic Satanists, as they are known incorporate magic in their rituals just as LaVey Satanists poke pins into Voodoo dolls and yell "Revenge,Revenge".

#337001 - 06/28/08 07:38 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

From your second post on this board--

Quote:
I have NOT read the Satanic Bible...

I recommend you read it before posting any further so that you don't further demonstrate how much you don't understand Satanism.
Prevention of Virtue

#337003 - 06/28/08 07:49 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

There is no such thing as theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists or Satanists who believe in a devil.

I second Priestess Umm_At'outa's strong suggestion.

Do your homework first, starting with reading The Satanic Bible before you post again.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#337016 - 06/28/08 09:19 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Phineas]
Abudallat Offline

I guess I should have been more clear with what I said. I am NOT a Satanist but have decided to contribute to this forum first so I can learn more, before I purchase the book and pay money to become one.

Phineas, is there any other way you can prove there is no such thing as LaVeyan Satanists rather than affirm the fact that I have not read the Satanic Bible?

#337018 - 06/28/08 09:30 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Before Dr. LaVey came on the scene, there were no Satanists. Dr. LaVey developed, codified and established Satanism. All that came after are mere imitations.

If you had read The Satanic Bible you would know this.

The Church of Satan website also explains this.

The fact that you think you can convert to Satanism is very telling.

I encourage you to save your money. You are not a Satanist. And never will be. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as contributing to this forum.....how well received do you think someone who can't do simple arithmetic be in a forum for mathematicians? Think about it.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#337020 - 06/28/08 09:39 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: abudallat
Some Satanists beleive Satan is a real entity and have reasons to calim him worhsip-worthy.

Those are not Satanists. Those are casualties of Christianity.

"Theistic Satanism" is an oxymoron.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#337028 - 06/28/08 10:25 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Phineas]
Abudallat Offline

Maybe I would never convert but who knows if I do win the lottery, I could spare US$200 and become affiliated. But for the time being I am pretty content with the influence of the Satanists I have known since I was 14 years old. Though I prescribe to a religion already I have always found my needs and drives to trump discipline and honoursworth. My few friends and some family on the "dark side" always learned to transcend beyond the feelings of guilt.

But anyways, Phineas I agree all self-claimed Satanists who came after LaVey codified what it really is, are just imitations. But sticking to the major notion of this thread...

Surely, Crowley knew much about the occult because his work deals with so well-defined and articulated methodology of Western ritual magick. Doesn't LaVey even mention the use of lesser/manipulative magic(Voodoo) and Greater/Ceremonial magic( a theatrical display of wild emotions)?

But I could be wrong, I don't know. All the behind the door private masses I have seen are mere re-dramatizations on the History Channel. I think I will go out and get the Satanic Bible and even look up Crowley. One of my friends once mentioned he was probably one of the earliest Satanist, but didn't even know it. But I don't know he could be wrong too.

#337039 - 06/28/08 11:51 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Fnord]
prh Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago Illinois
As others have pointed out already some Satanists explore these unknown things and some do not. For instance two of the most famous people in the Church of Satan such as King Diamond and Rev. Thomas Thorn have made no secret of their persoanl experiences and beliefs in the supernatural spiritual world. Then you have many others who just have no interest in it at all. It is a personal thing.

#337040 - 06/28/08 11:51 AM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Charlie R Offline

Let's all pray you win the lottery.

#337045 - 06/28/08 12:12 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: prh]
Abudallat Offline

Hmm interesting I would like to learn about their experiences and perception but it's too bad I am not much into Heavy Metal music.

I couldn't beleive though Coles had The Satanic Bible displayed in the Witchcraft section lol P.S. dude are you in a cyber cafe in that profile pic?

#337049 - 06/28/08 12:34 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hmm interesting I would like to learn about their experiences and perception but it's too bad I am not much into Heavy Metal music.

So, you're basically saying that these people have information that you want, but you are willing to do without due to their occupation of choice.

Interesting.

#337054 - 06/28/08 01:13 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
I am NOT a Satanist but have decided to contribute to this forum

How thoughtfull, thank you smile

#337060 - 06/28/08 02:16 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Svengali]
WolfMoon Offline

Originally Posted By: Svengali
"Theistic Satanism" is an oxymoron.

Indeed.

#337076 - 06/28/08 04:03 PM Re: Satanic Perspectives on the Paranormal [Re: Abudallat]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Crowley was not a Satanist, not even a black magician. He was a drug addict, a loser who never did a lick of work in his life; he inherited a small fortune from his father and squandered it on drugs and trips to the desert and publishing books that are so convoluted with nonsense they are pathetic.

Crowley died addicted to heroin and broke.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406046 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements