Topic Options
#339938 - 07/13/08 02:32 AM "Satanists are Born, Not Made." ~Anton LaVey
WinterSky Offline
Banned

At present, I am reading TSB. Today I found, through the Church of Satan site, Satanism101.com. My questions stem from the third paragraph from the FAQ by Magister Paradise on this page.

I won't delve too deeply into my own situation. But it feels like I am the same person today that I was when I was a little girl before age 5 as it relates to my sense of self and personality, my curiosities and sense of wonder.

According to the FAQ paragraph mentioned above, many in the population might be Satanic, but are not Satanists. I am guilty of "all the above". It is in my past. But it is NOT in my present. All I have is right now. I appreciate who I am and what I have overcome. It has made me and not broken me.

To read the words above...first I must apologize for saying this...it reminds me of my mother saying that the only way to heaven is through Jesus. And my only reaction to her was, how can that be? There are good jews, muslims, buddists, hindus, etc. etc. How can the Church of Satan expect perfection in such an imperfect world?

What about children today, sufferers of child abuse? What about the children of yesterday, who had to overcome the obstacles of child abuse? For me it has made me stronger.

#339956 - 07/13/08 07:09 AM Re: "Satanists are Born, Not Made." ~Anton LaVey [Re: WinterSky]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Again... Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Bruja (07/13/08 07:11 AM)

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#339965 - 07/13/08 09:14 AM Re: "Satanists are Born, Not Made." ~Anton LaVey [Re: WinterSky]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
How did you read the quoted passage as saying anything about Satanists being "perfect"?

All it is saying is that most people are NOT Satanists, some approximate it yet are not, and some ARE.

Those who ARE were born that way.

No one said Satanists are "perfect."

"Human" and "Perfect" are mutually exclusive terms.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#340019 - 07/13/08 02:15 PM Re: "Satanists are Born, Not Made." ~Anton LaVey [Re: Svengali]
WinterSky Offline
Banned

Thank you for your time and response, Magister Svengali. I wish to have this thread remain, and shall continue my studies and postpone my response until a later date.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements