Topic Options
#340121 - 07/14/08 12:02 PM A lengthy introduction.
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Greetings

I have decided that since I have been around a bit, and do intend to stay on as long youíll have me, that I should write a bit of an introduction for those who enjoy reading them.

I was raised in a Christian household but not a very devout one. I think my parents viewed religion as a sort of general guideline in how to behave and interact with others versus it being an absolute roadmap for life. As the years have passed they have grown attached to a church but Iím certain that itís really the fellowship and the social aspects that are important to them versus the religious dogma. My father is a very intelligent man who was an engineer by trade and I doubt very much that he missed the glaring plot holes in The Holy Bible. My mother, who also sometimes encouraged church attendance is and always has been strongly interested in the occult and in the paranormal. From them I inherited my fatherís interest in testing everything and my motherís interest in everything far a-field.

As for myself, Iíve so far lived a varied existence. My parents had a strong work ethic and I began working for money very early in life. In my pre teen years we had a farm where I did everything from fence building to painting to animal care. When we moved from the farm to the city I worked for a shop owner unloading cartons from trucks. In my teen years I worked retail, fast food and landscaping (which was back breaking). I left home at 17, worked two jobs, lived in a really crummy apartment but put myself through school and eventually married my high school sweetheart who I remain with today (20 years and counting). I studied art in school and have always been interested in the visual communication of ideas, whatever the method. While in school I worked as a carpenterís apprentice and eventually as a carpenter by day, student by night. This was happening in my life at the dawn of the PC age and through an interesting twist of events I was forced to learn CAD (computer aided drafting) for my job. Fast forward several years and I now work for one of the largest computer companies in the world (youíve heard of it) calling daily upon my own odd mix of abilities.

Iíve found Satanism by process of elimination. Iíve studied nearly everything out there that calls itself a faith and have found all of it to be lacking something in one large degree or another. Satanism may appear to be simplistic in comparison but Iíve found myself delighted time and again in how a seemingly odd or misplaced phrase (misplaced in my mind) from the TSB will click home in application. I understand why Satanism is regarded as a lifetime study to those who have deemed it so. Life experience leads to greater understanding and I have found that TSB holds no paradoxes but, rather, reveals itself as one gains wider perspective. As I read the ancillary texts I am finding that this is true of those also.

For the future, I intend to continue my studies down the left hand path, continue enhancing my career skills to the point where I can venture out on my own, continue refining my skill in art and writing and continue raising my children in an environment where they can make their own choices (and are equipped to do so).

Thanks to all who have so far treated me well here. I look forward to learning from each of you.

#340122 - 07/14/08 12:07 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Damn...I really enjoyed that. Thanks for writing it.

It is good to see my initial impression holding out.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#340124 - 07/14/08 12:21 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fnord Offline

Thank you for reading and, as always, your kindness is much appreciated.

#340127 - 07/14/08 12:42 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Well, even though introductions are no longer necessary, I think it's great when someone has the courtesy to take the time and post one.

Welcome, skullfarmer. I hope you enjoy your stay here. coopdevil

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#340131 - 07/14/08 01:02 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I think Roho said your initial posts spoke for themselves. I agree. Your posts have been intelligent, polite, organized and on point. You comport yourself with a decorum that is ... rare. It was something I noticed immediately and, I for one, appreciate it very much.

I'm glad you made an introduction though. It was fun to read and learn more about you, but most importantly, now I've the opportunity to welcome you properly. grin

"Wilkommen, bienvenu, welcome, c'mon in."
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#340139 - 07/14/08 01:37 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: spook show]
Fnord Offline

Originally Posted By: 2thenight
Welcome, skullfarmer. I Hope you enjoy your stay here. coopdevil

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: Shade

I think Roho said your initial posts spoke for themselves. I agree. Your posts have been intelligent, polite, organized and on point. You comport yourself with a decorum that is ... rare. It was something I noticed immediately and, I for one, appreciate it very much.

Thank you for the kind words and for the welcome. Both are greatly appreciated. By the by, I noticed in your profile that you allude to an interest in New England Asylums. Do you mean the old sanitoriums (Danvers, etc) and, if so, are you interested in urban archaelogy?

#340143 - 07/14/08 02:10 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Yup, thatís what I was referring to...although I should probably edit that to include all abandoned hospitals and prisons. Danvers seems to be the best known of the lot, and rightfully so - itís beautiful. IĎve always been drawn to the stories these places have to tell, evidence of their past etched onto them like bones. jack
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#340146 - 07/14/08 02:39 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
Lust Offline

A fine introduction indeed, Skullfarmer. Your username reminds me of the movie Predator.
ÔŅĹLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.ÔŅĹ
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#340147 - 07/14/08 02:46 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Shade]
Fnord Offline

Excellent!

I'm a huge fan of urban archaeology but with no particular focus other than examples of architecturally important styles. Here in Houston we have lots of old Deco, Nouveau, mid century modern and even Googie inspired buildings that are crumbling and/or in disrepair.

We even have one old hospital, The Jefferson Davis with quite the sordid past. The city planners decided to build it right on top of the old city cemetary. Workers were instructed to throw any encountered bones into boxes for disposal. It's been a constant source of contention for the years of its existence. For many years post abandonment no one much cared if people wandered around in there and I poked my nose around as much of it as I could get to. Of course the drug dealers and vandals eventually ruined this for those of us interested in the architectural and historical elements of the place. I haven't been back in a while but see that it's now a functional building again. Interesting.

#340148 - 07/14/08 02:51 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Lust]
Fnord Offline

Thank you sir! You'd likely be surprised at just how innocuous my intent was in contriving that username. It wasn't meant to be nefarious in the least though I must admit that I rather like the potential theatrical value of the moniker.

#340151 - 07/14/08 03:02 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Skullfarmer,

Truly, this introduction was a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to more of your posts.

Miss Mina

#340156 - 07/14/08 03:28 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: MissMina1556]
Fnord Offline

Thank you Miss Mina.

The first line of your signature reminds me of a Robert Frost poem that I love:

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

#340190 - 07/14/08 08:52 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: Fnord]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: skullfarmer
I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

skullfarmer,You just gave me an idea that, possibly, only Miss Mina might catch onto. coopdevil She, at least, might be the first to catch it. coopdevil

HAIL SATAN!

#340209 - 07/14/08 10:09 PM Re: A lengthy introduction. [Re: DCLXVI]
Fnord Offline

If it has to do with a lap dance I'm onto you. If not, carry on smile

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405230 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements