Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#341526 - 07/21/08 08:38 PM Alien elite alienations
Posthuman Offline

Loc: Seattle
Does anyone find that after exposure to Satanic truth, you feel socially alienated, exiled?

< pathetic prose deleted >

Edited by Posthuman (07/21/08 10:08 PM)

#341532 - 07/21/08 09:28 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exile?

Hardly. I have absolutely no trouble whatsoever in social situations. I certainly never see myself as a victim either.

Satanism is a tool that facilitates progress, not hindrance. Why do you think Satanists might share in your particular brand of existential despair?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#341538 - 07/21/08 09:39 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Dan_Dread]
Posthuman Offline

Good question.

I'm curious if anyone goes through a "stage" like this when exposed to Satanic truth, an unraveling.

It's not existential despair, It's a social challenge, and I'll deal with it as I need to.

Just growing pains, ignorance is painful.

Edited by Posthuman (07/21/08 09:58 PM)

#341626 - 07/22/08 09:13 AM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
precision Offline

I feel the same way I have always felt, only my reasons for feeling such have been printed on paper.

#341632 - 07/22/08 09:51 AM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Does anyone find that after exposure to Satanic truth, you feel socially alienated, exiled?

No.

"Exiled" carries with it implications of a pathetic victim status, as if one were being oppressed by society.
I reject that viewpoint utterly.

As for social alienation, anyone who separates himself from the consuming wants and woes of the mainstream will necessarily be somewhat alienated from that mainstream -- what of it?
Functioning as a productive member of society does not require embracing all mainstream values or going along with the herd. In fact, the most memorable individuals from history tend to be iconoclastic and unconventional.

The Satanist, like any iconoclast, chooses his level of social alienation and revels in it, uses it to apply and expound upon those unique ideas which set him apart from the mass of automata.
His alienation is not a crutch, a symbol of shame, of fear, or regretful misunderstanding; it is rather a tool, an appendage, a necessary part of what makes him himself.
Therefore, it is also something he bore prior to his exposure to "Satanic truth."

This is an essential part of what we mean when we say born, not made.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#341701 - 07/22/08 07:11 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
pure_truth Offline

Originally Posted By: Posthuman

Alienated?? I feel Elevated! To be a God is to be alone and I have been alone my whole life in the way I think, act, research and learn. Oh I have had people around me sucking away at my energy. But nobody to speak to on top!

Hail me!

#341854 - 07/23/08 09:03 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: pure_truth]
Dean Tempest Offline

Loc: lexington, ky
Since the satanic truth hit me, I have never once felt alienated or exiled. In fact it strengthened me more so then anything in my entire life has.

I choose when I want to be social, who I want to be social with, and to what extent. Though I am rather anti social by nature, when I do go out I tend to butterfly around quite a bit. whistle

#341880 - 07/23/08 11:38 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Posthuman

After reading The Satanic Bible, I realized that there were certainly going to be social limitations by taking up the label of "Satanist". I realized that in order to keep things ultimately in my best interest, it would mean not being able to be too open about being a Satanist, not having any hints of it at the office, not letting prudish relatives find out, etc. And I've learned the hard way that not all people have the cognitive reasoning skills to understand a different opinion and get past the label "Satanist". But being honest with myself was more important than any sort of social acceptance.

Still, I can't say that it ever made me feel socially alienated. It didn't force me to give up any hobbies or social activities I enjoy. On the contrary, it led me to the Church of Satan, a cabal in which I've found so many outstanding individuals. Even if the COS wasn't set up as a social network, I have to say that some of my most life-enriching times in life have been in the company of other Satanists.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#341889 - 07/24/08 05:08 AM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Bill_M]
Posthuman Offline

I thank everyone for their responses.

"To be a god is to be alone"

We are always alone in a way, the center of subjective reality, a solar prince.

The question was inspired in part because of changes in deep psychological structures as I instantly "converted"

I have been exposed to religious brainwashing throughout childhood, myriad false beliefs about the nature of myself and reality, so a inner sea change rattled my ego-personality.

#341891 - 07/24/08 05:11 AM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
After?

#341892 - 07/24/08 05:15 AM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
shadowraven213 Offline

I never felt more a part of something as I did when I first read The Satanic Bible, I knew there where others that thought the same as I did it was a cathartic release from the bounds of society.

As it happened this not only negated the need I felt to be so sociable but the people I was with where of a higher standard, I was more popular than ever!

I would strongly disagree with your assertion that "To be a god is to be alone" and replace it with a more Satanic one in my opinion.

"To be a god is to be as alone as you want to be"

#343603 - 08/03/08 01:39 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Posthuman]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
In some very real sense, I have always been an exile and an outsider of sorts.

Satanism actually took a bite out of my sense of alienation, because it allowed me to put some labels and names to various feelings and opinions, and allowed me to realize that there were other people who were, in many ways, a lot like me.

Do I sometimes wish that I could connect better and more deeply with most people, and they with me? Honestly, yes. Sometimes, it does get a bit lonely and frustrating to deal with wave after wave of people who don't "get it" or "get me"--especially when a few prospects actually seem to be initially promising.

But, I would not like to have that connection if it meant abandoning or erasing all of the things that make me who I am. So, all things considered, it's ultimately worth it to be or to feel somewhat alienated or different.

Also, I've made a point of trying to seek out people with whom I can have that connection. They are out there--and sometimes they are hard to find--but you can find them, if you look around.

And, of course, if you want to have a good friend (or two or three...), you first have to be a good friend to others. It's fine and good to be a rugged individualist and alien elitist, but you also have to make sure your interpersonal skills are up to snuff before deciding that nobody wants to hang with you because they're just not good enough. This isn't directed at anyone in particular here; it's just a note on something I've observed in other people in my travels.

Attachments
elitism.jpg

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#343605 - 08/03/08 01:45 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: TrojZyr]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
Satanism actually took a bite out of my sense of alienation, because it allowed me to put some labels and names to various feelings and opinions, and allowed me to realize that there were other people who were, in many ways, a lot like me.

Yes, exactly!

#343632 - 08/03/08 05:08 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Linguascelesta]
Zardex Offline

I understand this is what it means to be elite in a satanic sense.
Not necessarily having a bigger house then everyone else, having a better grasp on algebra, but the exceptional strength of will that sets us apart from others since childhood.
Strength of character required for the courage in disregarding the standards of the world, not necessarily publicly but with being honest to ones self.

As to the "truth", I don't feel that is a very satanic concept, rather the strength of will it takes to accept that there is no truth.
I feel "truth" to be the first of the standards to be thrown in the pile of lies.

I think the power to decide what is meaningful in the life of a Satanist is to understand that nothing in life has meaning in on itself and that the power to decide what is meaningful to you comes withing realizing that since everything is a lie there is nothing stopping you from constructing the lies most suited for you.

And because everything is a lie you can never be defeated, as all meaning you have built is a lie and is always subject to doubt and your will to reform and adapt in whatever way you choose.

(Of cause some lies function better then others, it's up to everyone to study and build their own lies the way that suits them best, and as such I have no reason to think that my way of articulating this is the the most practical way for every satanist or even for me, far from it, it is only a lie, subject to my doubt, that seems to serve it's purpose to me for the time being.)

Edited by Zardex (08/03/08 05:41 PM)

#343659 - 08/03/08 07:33 PM Re: Alien elite alienations [Re: Zardex]
Pirate Offline

I've been an alien for a long time. Possibly ever since I met another person. I don't get along with most people. In fact I hate most people. Sure, I enjoy spending quality time with the few true friends that I am fortunate enough to have, but beyond that I am constantly disappointed by poor examples of humanhood. Even the those whom I thought of as closest of friends have continuously proven themselves less than that. I have grown so weary of human interaction that I no longer work at retaining relationships. I have become so nihilistic and misanthropistic in my sensibilities that I no longer pursue meaningful exchanges. I cannot waste my time if I do not acknowledge the presence of other people. In this way, all my time is mine and I only share it when asked and then only so if I should feel the interaction will be rewarding.

The comical side of this perspective is that people are expecting me to make moves to ignite conversations and such etc etc nonsense. It pains them when after I acknowledge them and share a laugh that I return to my gargoyle-like silent pose of ignoration. Sure, they opened the door, but this ain't a grocery store and I have no lasers. If you want something from me, just ask. Ask me anything. I don't really care. I might agree, I might disagree but one thing is certain. I am not going to waste one second on trying to guess what it is you want from me. I would rather spend that second thinking about something enjoyable. Like pretty girls bending over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407316 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold