Topic Options
#277726 - 10/17/07 02:24 PM Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I notice there are quite a few corpses of banned individuals lying around. I wondered if there were reasons for banning someone other than for breaching the terms of use rules. An obvious reason would be because a poster was acting like a dick, but are there any other pet peeves that the moderators have that lead people to being shown the door?

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#277770 - 10/17/07 06:16 PM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Scion]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Civilian policing, anti-CoS commentary, drug use or any criminal behavior, espousing views that contradict Satanic law (such as animal abuse), multiple accounts, or just plain proving that you are an unrecoverable dumbass, are all grounds for removal. We like a clean den here.

#310608 - 02/29/08 04:29 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Trouble_Maker Offline

Loc: Michigan
Comedian Ron White likes to say "Ya can't fix stupid!"

This is true, but you can ban it!

Stupid is as stupid does. Stupid does annoy people.

Help stamp out stupidity; start with your family.

If stupid people are forced to mate, would the double negative rule work to create another Einstein, or would we just get another politician?

If stupid were a crime, most wanted posters would be mirrors.

Sorry guys, had a long day, had to vent. Like crapping in a corner, you hope you feel better without someone stepping in it. It there a bot you can loose on a forum that cleans up stupid threads from banned idiots?

Another day where I wish I had taken my sword with me to work.

Farting is not a sin or a crime; it is more like a prank. - Me

#311264 - 03/02/08 10:58 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Trouble_Maker
It there a bot you can loose on a forum that cleans up stupid threads from banned idiots?

I kinda like reading the "banned idiots" posts. Helps me navigate the minefield. ;\)

#312845 - 03/07/08 11:36 PM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Risen08]
DexRex Offline

Loc: UK
I wonder if anyone could enlighten me as to why Max Faust 'bit the bullet'. His last posts I read seemed to be ok, was it a private communication or another website of his? Publicly convicted of something?

#312891 - 03/08/08 07:43 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: DexRex]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
I wonder if anyone could enlighten me as to why Max Faust 'bit the bullet'. His last posts I read seemed to be ok, was it a private communication or another website of his? Publicly convicted of something?

This board is privately owned and moderators are chosen by the owner. Banning is at the sole discretion of the owner & moderators with grateful input from the hierarchy of the CoS and suggestions from board posters.

I will not comment on the factors that led to the banning of any particular user beyond what is posted on their profile.

I will say that if you have a profile on this board that contains a link to a personal website that advocates illegal acts or flies in the face of what we consider Satanism, banning is likely.

Being "publicly convicted" (as opposed to privately?) of a crime could also merit banning.

Hell, being a twit can get you banned! Being a bore can get you banned. The good news is if you manage to survive you can rightfully feel like you've accomplished something.

That is the beauty of this board.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#313441 - 03/10/08 04:41 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Ygraine]
DexRex Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for the reply.

By 'Public' I meant where your name is published by the court or the police (not always done if the perpetrator or victim is a child).

And yes, everyday on here is a blessing

#341709 - 07/22/08 10:51 PM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Scion]
Emerald Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
I've noticed that a few members have asked to be banned when they decided that Satanism/this formum was not right for them.

#341711 - 07/22/08 11:00 PM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Emerald]
Rudmer Offline

Loc: USA
I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm not sure where else would be more appropriate:

I registered on the larger Satannet.com today, and verified my email address. However, when I tried to sign in, it said that an administrator had disabled my account. I tried resetting my password, to the same effect. I also looked for a way to contact said administrator, but to no avail. Could someone please offer some insight and/or instructions for me? Thanks in advance.

The problem with the world is stupidity. We should just remove the safety labels from everything and let the problem fix itself.

#341729 - 07/23/08 05:04 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Rudmer]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Fishers,IN
Originally Posted By: Rudmer
I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm not sure where else would be more appropriate:

I registered on the larger Satannet.com today, and verified my email address. However, when I tried to sign in, it said that an administrator had disabled my account. I tried resetting my password, to the same effect. I also looked for a way to contact said administrator, but to no avail. Could someone please offer some insight and/or instructions for me? Thanks in advance.

I do believe that website is not letting people sign up at the moment!

You can read about it here:

http://satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=341666&page=1

#341735 - 07/23/08 06:00 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Rudmer]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Rudmer,

All will be well. You just need patience. The other board that you signed up for is actually undergoing some work. It is closed for now. So, hang in there. The owner of that board is working so hard, he does not even sleep.

Keep checking back, and I'm sure there will be some kind of announcement when all is up and running again.

Miss Mina

#341750 - 07/23/08 08:05 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: MissMina1556]
Rudmer Offline

Thanks for the answers, Stephen Smith and Miss Mina. Patient I will be. smile

HS

The problem with the world is stupidity. We should just remove the safety labels from everything and let the problem fix itself.

#341882 - 07/24/08 03:08 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Emerald]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Emerald
I've noticed that a few members have asked to be banned when they decided that Satanism/this formum was not right for them.
Which I really don't understand - why don't they just stop coming here? Much easier.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#341893 - 07/24/08 07:17 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Scion]
shadowraven213 Offline

That would lack the theatricality of the attention whore.

Some people will do anything to be noticed!

#341918 - 07/24/08 10:53 AM Re: Banning criteria other than that stated in the user terms [Re: Scion]
Emerald Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
One would think....

Forum Stats
12280 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404438 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements