Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#344336 - 08/06/08 05:11 PM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Queen Shiba]
Pirate Offline

Originally Posted By: MissMina1556
Since I don't go to church, I'm more vulnerable to car jackings, and restaurant shootings.

I apologize, but I don't understand the correlation, could you explain?

#344376 - 08/06/08 08:12 PM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Hixem]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Hixem
Several years ago, a soldier returning from overseas took a shotgun into a local Italian restaurant and started shooting the patrons and wait staff. He was also upset at gays taking jobs--in the military. Not that the seated diners and employees were in the military--or neccessarily gay.

I know it's a good bit after your point, Hixem, but would the restaurant you are referring to be in Fayetteville, NC? I remember that incident. May not be the same one, but it was the same situation. The day stands out in my mind because my family was going to go eat there later that evening.

This stuff makes me sick.

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#344523 - 08/07/08 06:14 PM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Pirate]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Uh, I think she was being humorous. Mina doesn't go to church, therefore she is not vulnerable to the aforementioned church shootings...however, since she does drive a car and eat out, she considers herself potentially vulnerable to car jackings and restaurant shootings. Let me know next time you need a joke explained...
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#344528 - 08/07/08 06:47 PM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Queen Shiba]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

All I can say is, I'm glad I live in Michigan. Because we can get our CCW's. Carry Concealed Weapons permit.

I'm fully aware that people in Michigan are prone to "packing the heat".

I still think Detroit's basketball team should've been named the Pistols. coopdevil

#344571 - 08/08/08 01:02 AM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Callier]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Originally Posted By: Callier
All I can say is, I'm glad I live in Michigan. Because we can get our CCW's. Carry Concealed Weapons permit.

I'm fully aware that people in Michigan are prone to "packing the heat".

I still think Detroit's basketball team should've been named the Pistols. coopdevil

LOL! I agree!

I have many friends (well car people I am friendly with) who live in Motor City. There are certain areas that you just don't go....which is almost everywhere in Detroit. (That is, unless you were armed as well) wink.

Now, back to this nutter who shot up the Church. I had to laugh in spite of Myself because I too was reminded of what Mr. Carlin had said. When he said it...I knew it could and most likely WOULD happen.

I am however, not laughing that some nut broke the law. I don't care what his 'reasons' were. They weren't good enough.

As for the poster 'Emerald' is it? I got a chuckle out of your reply about Jesus and his Cat Of Nine Tails. I recall going to Church and hearing that story as a small girl on how ol' JC got a bee in his bonnet for making his Temple 'A den of thieves'. (As I recall).

Yes, I remember reading how he flipped over the money changers tables and ummmm I think he MAY have had a whip or something and shooed them out of there.

This was always such a FUNNY story to Me. Why? Because, the very church I was hearing it preached about in, had a book store....where they SOLD things for profit. Whatta joke!

How people can put money in an offering plate after hearing a sermon like that...or go a buying some silly twaddle of a 'Footprints In The Sand' bookmark with a straight face is beyond Me.

Meh.

As it were, the one word that flashes into My mind after reading about this story is "IRONY".

PS: If JC were to have a semi-automatic weapon in church....and if he were peeved off enough to blow a hole in someones head.....it would be okay because you see....he could just magically bring that person back to life.

Don't you guys know your Fairy Tales by now? coopdevil

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#344576 - 08/08/08 01:32 AM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Muse]
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Sarah, you are a woman after my own heart. Thank you for explaining what I meant with my comment!!

Good job!

Oh, yes, and I do love to eat out quite frequently!! Wonderful steakhouses are my favorite!!

Mina

#344577 - 08/08/08 01:34 AM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Callier]
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I never though of that!! The Pistols! It would actually be a correct statement. Also, since they all probably carry, how profound!!

MM

#344579 - 08/08/08 01:38 AM Re: From the News: Church shooting [Re: Evil_Eve]
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member

Eve, I was reading about what you wrote about JC freaking out in the temple. I, too, remember that from my Catholic days. That story was imprinted on my brain.

The nuns made it sound like it was way OK for him to freak out and push everyone around, turn over the tables, and yell and scream, because these money changers were in his house.

What a visual they made for us little children. Boy, they had us brainwashed. I took that crap until I was about in 3rd grade, then it hit me, and the questions started.

I hated them, left the church as soon as I could and never looked back.

I like how you said JC probably had a whip! I wonder who he would use that whip on in his "off" hours!! Hehehe coopdevil

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407319 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold