Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#343006 - 07/31/08 11:36 AM Re: Betrayal [Re: pure_truth]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
"Someone that values my appearance, time or energy will make the effort to acknowledge me."

I totally agree with the above statement, that is my philosophy on relations exactly. I would rather somebody seek out my friendship rather than go seek out friendships.

#343041 - 07/31/08 02:47 PM Re: Betrayal [Re: pure_truth]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
The only point I was trying to make in my last paragraph is that not caring or paying attention to other peopleís perceptions of you can be counter-productive. Whether or not smiling, making chit-chat, or otherwise being pleasantly social comes naturally to me doesnít matter. If it suits the situation I will make a conscious effort to try to be more engaging because people generally respond favourably to that.

I certainly donít do that 24/7, I doubt I could. I seem to be missing that Mary Sunshine gene and, like you, I would rather not be perceived as approachable by the majority out there. But Iím not going to shoot myself in the foot by scowling if appearing otherwise does the trick... And hey, I saw Bessonís Nikita, I know about smiling. smile
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#343054 - 07/31/08 04:47 PM Re: Betrayal [Re: Enigma777]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
McCandless was a fucking moron who got what he deserved.

My comment was directed at the pathetic emotionally needy types who can't seem to survive without being immersed in mindless socializing.

I'm not talking about babies needing food or inner-city/suburban loners needing utility companies.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#343058 - 07/31/08 06:23 PM Re: Betrayal [Re: Svengali]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Svengali
McCandless was a fucking moron who got what he deserved.

My comment was directed at the pathetic emotionally needy types who can't seem to survive without being immersed in mindless socializing.

I'm not talking about babies needing food or inner-city/suburban loners needing utility companies.

Well in that case, I agree with you wholeheartedly!

#343203 - 08/01/08 11:18 AM Re: Betrayal [Re: Enigma777]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Shade-Your smile is "Plotting", "Devious", and "comforting"!

#343598 - 08/03/08 01:13 PM Re: Betrayal [Re: Chess]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You are absolutely right, Chess. The old betrayals often (though not always!) become a laughing matter in retrospect, because they are often quickly replaced and outdone by an even bigger betrayal or heartache down the line. Hurrah! vomit

I've been betrayed by a couple of friends as well. One minute we were fine, just as we'd always been, and then, BAM! Drama-rama. It hurts at the time, oh yes it does. But, it can prove to be a valuable learning experience, too, in various ways.

I admit that while I am generally a loner, I do desire relationships and closeness with other human beings. I didn't always have this desire; it emerged in late adolescence, and has since then been the source of great ambivalence for me, because it has always proven to be such a mixed bag of joys and sorrows.

The hunger for interaction, warmth, and love is a snare that binds up our hearts and minds; keeps us tethered to emotions and in the thrall and company of other human beings. To love is to risk loss. To reach out is to risk rejection. To pine for closeness is to expose oneself to potential loneliness. To trust is to risk betrayal. To desire acceptance is to open oneself up to social shame.To become deeply intertwined with the fates and feelings of others is to earn a front row seat to all their drama and insanity.

On the other hand, we can come to have unique and powerful feelings and experiences in relationships that we wouldn't want to trade for anything, and wouldn't have been able to have otherwise. If you love, you may be loved. If you reach out, you may be embraced. If you trust, that trust may be validated and returned, with interest.

Whether the rose is worth the thorns is all in the eyes of the beholder.

(My jury periodically changes its verdict!)

Human beings are often loony, shifty apes, and young human beings even more so. They are hyper-emotional, and so their emotions run away from them. They blame others for their own mistakes. They act before they think, and look before they leap. They engage in groupthink, succumb to peer pressure, and glom together into herds and packs. Their shame, their hurt, their greed, their insecurity, their fear, their loneliness all quickly morph into rage, spite, and viciousness, which are then often directed at the nearest and safest targets, instead of the most deserving or appropriate ones.

It was smart and lucky that I often kept my head down during high school, so to speak, because there was a lot of drama that went down in those hallowed halls, and probably 95% of it missed me (and I surely didn't miss it)!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44453 Topics
407334 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold