Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#344654 - 08/08/08 10:35 AM An Introduction
Templar LXVI Offline

Loc: Australia
I understand that there seems to be no section regarding introductions. I do not not wish to appear impolite by contributing to discussions as an un-introduced stranger so I shall briefly introduce myself...

...Simply for the purpose of this board my name is "Templar 66" and I am pleased to be here and am delighted to meet all of you. I was raised a christian which is not an unfortunate circumstance, in my own wisdom I have allowed myself to refute the church's teachings, never so much as an attempt of rebellion but rather because of the logical dillemas faced with being immersed in constant Christian ideology and having to attend the church itself, all of this rubbish on the best day of the week, that being sunday.

I discovered the Satanic Bible one year after high-school and found it a read worth while. It reflected my feelings in possibly better words than my own. Although of course there are some pesky differences I have of my own, as an individual this will always be the case.

I am currently studying at University and have a rather large interest in Transhumanism and the state of mind that people call "insanity." Although enough about myself I want to hear from you! I am looking forward to having lengthy and fulfilling discussions with all of you.

LXVI

Edited by Templar LXVI (08/08/08 10:39 AM)

#344655 - 08/08/08 10:54 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Furcifer Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Insanity is for the weak.

#344656 - 08/08/08 10:54 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
It is nice to see someone for whom Christianity is so personally insignificant that you cannot seem to work up a good ire. May I ask what you mean when you say you are interested in insanity? Are we talking an academic interest; or, a full-blown I am crazy, a la Mr. Osborne? I would not want to be caught off guard.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#344660 - 08/08/08 11:03 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Welcome, Templar.

#344869 - 08/09/08 09:02 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Furcifer]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Furcifer

Cite?

Welcome to the forum newcomer, hope you have a good time here.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#344883 - 08/09/08 09:45 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Transhumansim sound interesting - I had not been aware of the term previously.

Is this the subject of your studies at university?

Regardless of that welcome to LttD.

#345041 - 08/10/08 06:05 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: verszou]
Templar LXVI Offline

Originally Posted By: Furcifer

I disagree, I am sorry.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
It is nice to see someone for whom Christianity is so personally insignificant that you cannot seem to work up a good ire. May I ask what you mean when you say you are interested in insanity? Are we talking an academic interest; or, a full-blown I am crazy, a la Mr. Osborne? I would not want to be caught off guard.

Just a personal interest. I am unfortunately not involved in any form of study involving it. When I am refering to having an interest in it, all I mean is that I am of the opinion that there is a certain wisdom to madness. Although I do fully appreciate that there is only such a small difference between being a mad genius and being a babbling idiot.

Originally Posted By: skullfarmer
Welcome, Templar.

Originally Posted By: Scion
Welcome to the forum newcomer, hope you have a good time here.

Thank you for the welcome.

Originally Posted By: verszou
Transhumansim sound interesting - I had not been aware of the term previously.

Is this the subject of your studies at university?

Regardless of that welcome to LttD.

Transhumanism I could never study, I did horribly at science. Have a read about it on-line it is a very interesting concept, 'movement' rather, it is much more important than just that. Transhumanism is also just another topic of personal interest. I am studying Politics and Government and am eager to succeed in the field of study. I do confess though despite having a great interest in the subject it isn't easy to study four subjects related to it. Although I will not allow it to get on top of me.

LXVI

Edited by Templar LXVI (08/10/08 06:08 AM)

#345060 - 08/10/08 08:25 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Furcifer]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:

You mean like diabetes, cancer, and all other organic illnesses?

Or do you think it is a choice? Someone wakes up one morning and says "Ya know, I think I'd like to be batshit crazy and avoid all those nifty things in life like employment, love, and security?"

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#345075 - 08/10/08 10:11 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Zardex Offline

Welcome! I look forward to hearing of your thoughts on different discussions.

I also have an interest in transhumanism.
My main focus is cognitive neurology and evolutionary biology, so transhumanism is a very close subject to that.

One may do well though to be careful with an interest to transhumanism, as not to live too much in the future instead of what's available at present.

#345078 - 08/10/08 10:39 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Ygraine]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Quote:
Someone wakes up one morning and says "Ya know, I think I'd like to be batshit crazy and avoid all those nifty things in life like employment, love, and security?"Y~

Well, here's another great quote that put me into hysterics!! Laughter is the best medicine.

I'm going to use that terminology on my children, "batshit crazy". I've never heard it put quite so eloquently!

Thank you Magistra Ygraine, a smile and a laugh has made a more wonderful day for me!

Mina

#345095 - 08/10/08 11:42 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Zardex]
Templar LXVI Offline

Originally Posted By: Zardex
Welcome! I look forward to hearing of your thoughts on different discussions.

I also have an interest in transhumanism.
My main focus is cognitive neurology and evolutionary biology, so transhumanism is a very close subject to that.

One may do well though to be careful with an interest to transhumanism, as not to live too much in the future instead of what's available at present.

Thank you for your welcome. What you say is true, to allow oneself to obsess with what is currently just a miracle in the works would be an overly optimistic assumption. Cognitive biology could be of great use, although this tampering with evolutionary biology is a concern of mine. This is why I appreciate your thoughts on Transhumanism, there are so many different aspects and opinions on the topic that the social and political ramifications are endless. Makes for a good topic thread say? coopdevil

LXVI

Edited by Templar LXVI (08/10/08 11:44 AM)

#345120 - 08/10/08 01:27 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

It is a pleasure to make your online acquaintance. I enjoyed your introduction and found I related quite well to the part about logical dilemmas you encountered while being regularly immersed into Christian theism. I too, if I understand your words correctly, saw many multi-faceted illogical problems within the confines of thought-limited Christian teachings. For instance, the hypocrisy of being taught in words to not judge someone else for their actions and yet holding weekly church to expound in sermons on the very subjects of what to do or not to do, thereby at the very least condemning someone in attendance.

#345379 - 08/11/08 10:01 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Ygraine]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Quote:

You mean like diabetes, cancer, and all other organic illnesses?

Quite - it's like saying having a broken leg is for the weak. confused

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#346283 - 08/15/08 09:00 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: ]
Templar LXVI Offline

Originally Posted By: Danielle Alicia
For instance, the hypocrisy of being taught in words to not judge someone else for their actions and yet holding weekly church to expound in sermons on the very subjects of what to do or not to do, thereby at the very least condemning someone in attendance.

That aspect is very amusing. 'Therefore we are made sinners by our so called knowledge of what is righteous and what is not'. Instead of being angered by the stupidity of the Christian religions, I have found it most amusing to use it for the purposes of entertainment. Try this; Exhausting a Christian in argument: (I developed this and tried it firstly on my dear, aging grandmother) Say for example I tell a Christian that I am of the belief that the sceptics in the bible who demanded either a miracle or an in-person meeting with "God" as proof of his existence, were not stupid heathens. That their desire to be proven otherwise is warrented. I too should be shown his presence to be even capable of contemplating a belief in this 'god'. The Christian will then use the excuse that faith (blind conviction) alone should be enough. Then I could say that God would be utterly disgusted if I (one of his precious "intelligent" beings) were to simply believe in a random deity because some 'certified priest' said that my 'blind conviction' alone should be enough. That means that according to that same criteria that any one missionary could have me converted based on faith alone, it is a matter of who gets to me first. There is normally no answer to this except; "Oh well, I guess the good lord will one day reveal himself to you!" And that is where our victory is made because like the good sceptics in the bible "God" would be humbling my demands by granting me the desired audience. And we can proudly say to this Christian; "Good and on that day I shall believe but until then he simply remains, non-existent."

LXVI

Edited by Templar LXVI (08/15/08 09:08 AM)

#346290 - 08/15/08 09:34 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

[quote=Templar LXVI
That aspect is very amusing. 'Therefore we are made sinners by our so called knowledge of what is righteous and what is not'. Instead of being angered by the stupidity of the Christian religions, I have found it most amusing to use it for the purposes of entertainment.
LXVI [/quote]

It's very true, Templar, very true. I liked your post.

The problem, as I see it, is that first of all the church tried to found a faith upon fears and faith in the unknown, all backed by a collection of 66 books that contradict each other. It was a silly venture right from the beginning, and it has produced a lot of confusion in its subjects.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements