Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#344735 - 08/08/08 02:25 PM A question for downstairs, from upstairs.
Posthuman Offline

Loc: Seattle
I'm moved towards the idea of performing daily ceremonies, perhaps at dawn and or before sleep.

Under consideration, an opening and closing of days to frame within Satanic superimposition. The invocation to Satan, and a select Enochian key depending upon circumstances.

I appreciate this is a highly personal and subjective matter, and I haven't proved to "deserve", or not deserve an answer.

The question: Is anyone here moved to do the same, and what opinions or experiences are you willing to share about this, if any?

Thank YOU in advance, any comments are highly appreciated.

note: I have read TSB, TSW, TSR, to backbroken dogeared and needing replacement.

Shemhamforash!

Edited by Posthuman (08/08/08 02:53 PM)

#344740 - 08/08/08 04:07 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Posthuman]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Calgary
I have a daily ceremony I use to bookend each day, in celebration of my life.

Masturbation.

#344745 - 08/08/08 04:22 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:
I have a daily ceremony I use to bookend each day, in celebration of my life.

Masturbation.

Does it still count if before masturbating you also screw your wife?
devilchili devilchili devilchili devilchili devilchili

I wouldn't want to ruin the magic of it all.....

BLOOD & HONOR

#344746 - 08/08/08 04:25 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Posthuman Offline

Loc: Seattle
That goes without saying

#344748 - 08/08/08 04:29 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Mr_Atrox]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Calgary
Oh, sure it does. Extra Satan points if you finish before she wakes up. crossbones

#344749 - 08/08/08 04:32 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Posthuman]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm moved to eat some fried chicken right now. Or should I just order a pizza?

Yes. Pizza sounds good.

#344751 - 08/08/08 04:37 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Callier]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
That looks Chronic!

#344752 - 08/08/08 04:38 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Descendant]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Fried Chicken is good, only if it's Churches!

#344754 - 08/08/08 04:44 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Descendant]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Churches chicken?

sick

That has to be the greasiest chicken I ever had. And it's ghetto cheap too.

You can get a 50 piece bucket of greasy ass fried chicken for $5.99.

I prefer Popeye's or anything else over Churches.

#344756 - 08/08/08 05:24 PM In a nutshell... [Re: Posthuman]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
The very simple answer to your question is no.

When I get up, I have a very short and simple "morning ritual", that involves nothing that would surprise anybody in the bedroom and bathroom, followed by the kitchen and lounge.

I conclude my morning ritual by draining the cup of life, er, cup of tea that I've made to accompany my buttered toast.

In the evenings, chances are the last thing I do before retiring is to catch up online.

There is a mental exercise that I practice nightly immediately before going to sleep, but that is simply not for discussion here, nor is it anything directly related to Satanism.

Definitely a lot more "ritual" than "ceremony", from the morning tea to the nightly mental exercise.

I do not often perform any kind of full-blown thing with candles, sword, all that shebang (yes, I do such things - just not often).

#344759 - 08/08/08 05:42 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Posthuman]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
What the heck, I'll bite and give you a serious answer.

It's not the sort of thing I would do. By performing a "mini-ritual" several times a day, you'd make it feel so commonplace that when you wanted to do a "real" ritual, you might find it contains all the emotional power of brushing your teeth.

A Satanic ritual exists in a world by itself. Things just work differently in there. And it's all powered by your own emotions -- not least of which is the sense of mystery, grandeur, and darkness about it all. The feeling of doing something forbidden, hidden in the secret places of the Earth, adds wonderfully to it.

You can see how this might be lost if you start every day with an invocation and Key before you start on your cornflakes.

Other religions use this sort of time-of-day ritual; the one that springs most readily to mind is the Islamic "Face Mecca & Stick Your Ass In The Air" which is done five times daily. But I'd say that this is necessary only because those religions go against human nature. It's a deliberate piece of self-conditioning to keep themselves bent into the proper shape, lest they actually start to act human again. But if it takes that kind of work for someone to stay Satanic, then something is very wrong.

Just my opinion.

-Chess

#344766 - 08/08/08 06:16 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Posthuman]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
If you feel the need to do something like this on a daily basis, then do it if it suits your needs.

Of course a daily ceremony doesn't need to include traditional ideas of ritual. I value myself greatly and I treat myself daily with something which I really like such as a great meal (usually that I prepare), inviting someone I like for company, indulging in music, taking a trip, etc. These are all things that I can greatly look forward to and reward myself with.

I also agree with Chess, that if you perform a daily ritual with all or some of the elements of the 13 step ritual outlined in TSB, it would lose it's meaning and significance. This is why I keep my personal ritual supplies secure and covered, as when I view these items, they will be emotionally charged and wont be mundane scenery like other items around your home.

#344768 - 08/08/08 06:42 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Callier]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Callier
I'm moved to eat some fried chicken right now. Or should I just order a pizza?

You HAD to go with the fried chicken joke!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#344769 - 08/08/08 06:49 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Posthuman]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Posthuman

Under consideration, an opening and closing of days to frame within Satanic superimposition.

Perhaps I miss your point. My first thought when I read the above is that you are asking if anyone here needs to bolster their resolve. I would hope that anyone from "downstairs" would say "no".

Did I miss your point?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#344774 - 08/08/08 07:45 PM Re: A question for downstairs, from upstairs. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I got that same feeling.

It seems pointless to me to do rituals daily.

Chess already explained how doing so could weaken the effects of grander rituals.

More to the point - it sounds like the original poster is looking for a daily reminder that he or she is a Satanist, much like some religions practice bookend rituals to remind themselves of their gods.

For me, my own ego supplies all of the daily chutzpa I need to go about my day Satanically. Maybe a daily pep-talk would help some people, but I wonder how Satanic those folks really are if they're constantly doubting themselves.

--Hail Satan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44453 Topics
407334 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold